What is your favourite ride in the park? and why?

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
BowMan

I do have to say that Rita is in close second. I always think that I'm going to shoot off the end of the launch track into the gardens... or just die.  :lol:
Image Thanks to Lewis97
RyanY

Nemesis is my favorite ride at Alton Towers, do I have to explain why?

Oh go on then. :P First of all it's by far the most intense experience on park and propably one of the most intense in the world. The theme and back story are excellent and Merlin could really learn from that back story on how to do one properly. Also the ride is really smoot for how old and intense it is and the smoothness really helps the experience.

There's plenty more on why its my favorite but its probably been said many times before. :)
Last edited by RyanY on Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
King Nemesis

Nemesis because... Well Its Nemesis... The Theme, The Layout, The Awesomeness is just 10/10 and that's it was crowned King Nemesis.

When your on nemesis it may only be a short track but it feels like your on it for a long time just because it pulls your time receptor in the brain out during riding due to the power of the g-forces... ;)
taggy

I would have said Rita before it came involed with the dark forest purely for the ug land theming and music upon it.
So I would have to say oblivion just because it was the only ride I wanted go on when I was under 1.4 m
Delta79

I have been thinking about this and realised I don't have a stand out favourite ride.  Air, Nemesis, Oblivion and Rita (old theming)  are cracking rides.
W@LLI$

TH13TEEN!

Because just the whole themeing of the experience is just A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! The atmosphere I from it gives me chills and the ride experience never fails to put a smile on the face! Best thing about the ride .......... FREEFALL DROP! Always get me in the stomach!

LOVE IT!
Last edited by W@LLI$ on Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
#GETCORRECTED
BETTER NOT GO ALONE
[url=http://"http://ridesims.com/users/4791-cawallis123/"]Image[/url]
mrbrightside

The theming is amazing? Slight exaggeration there :P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ImageImage
AstroDan

The theming on Thirteen is solid. Although I wouldn't call it amazing. It's a shame there aren't, say, some ruined arches to pass under as head choppers, say, outside.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk
Don't_Look_Down

Nemesis is my favourite ride in the park (and favourite ride in the country for that matter). Everything about it is awesome: the soundtrack, the layout, the themeing. You can't fault it at all.
Oblivion beckons in T-minus five minutes, be prepared for embarkation!

Eat, sleep, Apocalypse!
Big Dave

Nemesis here too. Its an amazing ride that really packs a punch. Not sure what I'd put second. Seriously tempted to put rapids as its a great fun ride that always leaves me laughing.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2
CoasterCrazyChris

AstroDan wrote: The theming on Thirteen is solid. Although I wouldn't call it amazing. It's a shame there aren't, say, some ruined arches to pass under as head choppers, say, outside.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk
The theming is definetely much better than people give credit for. In fact the station is probably the best of any coaster on park, even Nemesis.

The issue is it's very Hex copycat...scaffolding, vines, flickering workman's lights etc.

Oblivion will always be my favourite ride, but Nemesis is the best.

:)
FlamboyantOrange

Call me a lightweight if you like, but bear in mind I am a 15 year old girl who is scared of the smallest things, especially cling film *shudder*
If I was choosing my favourite coaster I would say Air, purely because I like the way its different to other coasters and isn't too rough, yet isn't a family ride. It can still give you a thrill even though it doesn't jerk you about like a maniac. This is the reason why Nemesis isn't my favourite. I find it rough (I KNOW it's supposed to be!) and I came off it with bruises last time. I do like Nemesis, though, it is one heck of a good coaster. But it intimidates me a little a lot.
If I was choosing my all-around, all-time favourite ride at the park, I would have to say The Flume. This is because I've grown up with it and I have so many memories of riding it every time I visit Alton Towers. I distinctly remember the time when I was 7 years old and I conveniently had a nosebleed right before the big drop. I've got to say, that was one hell of a ride photo!
Oh, and I love Rita as well! She's a babe, not gonna lie  ;)
Last edited by FlamboyantOrange on Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Is it possible for me to marry a coaster? Because if it is I'd have a hard time deciding over Furius Baco and Stampida.
------------------------------------------------------------
I believe the Oblivion orange is not flamboyant enough. That is all.
------------------------------------------------------------
"It's a river."
"No, it's a canal." <-- Me. I was right, it was a canal. Not that you care, and this is not relevant, so I'm going to shut up now.
Luce

I think I'll opt for Nemesis although special mention has to go to Hex too - I always make a point of going on it at least once every time I visit and I love watching people's reactions to it, wondering if they manage to work out the trickery :)