Walt Disney World General Discussion

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Altonator

Glad you liked the pics :) :)
As I said above if anyone wants to use any of the pics mentioned above on there websites let me know :) :)
Whatever the weather outside it\'s always tropical at Cariba Creek
LiamC

Nice one, did you enjoy kissemee old town? I did and did you go on the dragster thingy there? i did and it was great :D :D
Good pics and looks like your having a great time :D
Liam=)
Altonator

The old town was great didn't go on the rides because we thought it was quite expensive plus we had been on rides all day nearly everyday :) :)
Ash

Im off to the good old USA in August for 3 weeks of Coaster Fun! Were going to all the disney and universal parks including busch gardens! Its going to be crazy! Any advice? Definite essentials to buy to miss the queues? Btw do you have an msn address Altonator? If yes PM me
Phil

[quote=""titler121""]Im off to the good old USA in August for 3 weeks of Coaster Fun! Were going to all the disney and universal parks including busch gardens! Its going to be crazy! Any advice? Definite essentials to buy to miss the queues? Btw do you have an msn address Altonator? If yes PM me[/quote]

Where are you going, just florida?

Well, it's fair to say that the main parks in terms of thrills are IoA, US and Busch Gardens.

The disney parks are great when you are 11/12 but become a bit tedious as you get older. Although if it is your first time to Florida, you HAVE to do the disney parks, just to get the experience.

My favourite disney park is MGM studios. When you do this park go to the 'busy corner' where Rock N Roller coaster is and where the tower of terror is. These rides get very busy midday so do these early.

With regards to epcot, animal kingdom and magic kingdom - i can't really give you much advice as i haven't done these parks for YEARS!

When you do the water parks, both the disney ones (typhoon lagoon and blizzard beach) are both as good as each other really. Bliazzard beach has summit plummit which is a must. Probably the most intense ride disney have to offer through-out the whole resort. It's very scary!

Busch gardens is EXCELLENT. Be sure to makre the msot of the morning to do the safari or view the animals. Nearly all the guests run straight for the rides. The animals are actually alot more active early morning because it is cooler. You can get so close to them, it's amazing. The parks is SO big that the rides never seem to be busy. Montu is a great inverter, the 'bat-wing' element is very intense. Kumba is getting rough now but it is still the king of the B&M's and it helped propell B&M to what they are today! This ride deserves respect and you can't go to florida without riding it. The interlocking corkscrews are world famous now and the cobra roll wrapped around the foot-bridge is also something special! Gwazi is average. It's very rough and remeber to take some paracetamol!

Oppostive BG is a waterpark (the name has escaped my memory). This is a VERY good park, you should do this whilst you are down in tampa.

My family have owned a villa in Bradenton (just south from Tampa) for 6 years now. So we are well traveled around the whole state. We hate going to the kissemme/orlando area because it is so full so brits and tacky-ness. International drive is worth a drive down, mainly because it leads to some of the parks!

Where are you staying? There are so many hidden beauties with florida. There are so many hidden, beautiful places away from tourists. Even (dare i say) Miami is so beautiful. So little tourists go that far down because they all go for the parks.

My advice is spend 3 or 4 days exploring the rest of the state. There is much more than just Orlando!
Altonator

titler121 I don't use msn - sorry :) :)
Ash

Ok Altonator,

Ummm ive been to America 6 times :D and god only knows how many times my parents have been! Im staying in the Marriott World Resort on international drive. It can be found here.http://www.marriottworldcenter.com/

It looks the dogs b***ocks i will be honest! Im really looking forward to going. Yes my dad is insisting we visit the less "Tourist" Areas of florida as we have done many of the parks before. But my last visit was 3 years ago and i think this will be my last trip so i plan on making the most of it!

The hotel is located on International Drive, more like "Skycraper Hotels drive!" It just symbolises America. Look at me, im bigger than you! They seem to embrace money much better than the brits where its seen as something negative.

The one thing i dont like about Florida is knowing someone planned me to do this, what this guy is saying is completely scripted. Its tourism on a mass scale and no individuality. I knew we should spend 3 weeks in LA! Id much rather visit some Six Flags site but i want to do Florida and Miami aswell!

So any advice on what best tickets to get to beat the queues?Im not to fussed on how much they are as long as its not stupidly expensive! I just hate queueing! even at Alton, ill do everything in my power and wallet to miss the queues. And im normally very good at it! I think i was one of the reasons fastrack went :P
Altonator

The only tickets we used to skip queues was at Disney and these were called fastpass tickets. They do tickets at Universal / Isles Of Adventure and these are called express tickets but you have to pay for these now (they were free in 2001 when I last visited) like you do at Alton Towers. Not sure if theres any fast pass tickets at Busch Gardens we didn't need any anyway because most of the rides at all parks had short queues and some of the rides were walk on - hope this helps :) :)
Mankey

After looking at pics of Robb and Elissa's wedding on theme park review(clicky) i became quite interested in it.

It looks amazing :shock: , i was just curious, does anyone know anyone whos got married there, or even been to a wedding there?
Back from hibernation!
AstroDan

Haven't seen anyone marry at Disney - but I have at Europa Park. They offer marriage ceremonies and photograph's in the Greek themed area, next to Poseidon - and possibly other park locations too. It was awfully strange leaving the ride and passing married couples having photo's taken by the Poseidon Temple!
altontowerskid

Just seen this topic and thought i'd share, my auntie and uncle were going to have a disney wedding but after going though all the paper work and expenses of getting the whole family out there they chose not to do it and went to Grentna Green. we all went and it was lovely, but i was so gutted they didn't go for the disney option. :) :)

Thanks
D.Keeler
caffeine_demon

Just seen the following link on another coaster forum.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/06/29/coaste ... index.html

12 yr old dies on rock n roller coaster - sad news indeed :x
james0507

oh dear not good news for disney
sammie04

Not good news for disney what exactly caused the boy to die a heart condition?
Crofty

It's amazing how much bad luck Disney has had lately! Any of these accidents could have happened on almost any ride in the world and they all seem to be happening in Florida!

Either somethings wrong with Florida or maybe these deaths are common in ALL Theme parks and disney are being picked out because of their high profile?

Sad news anyway :(
Adz
Admin
Admin

Must also remember that these are the parks which get the most visitors. More people to get injured/whatever.

Tis' sad news, and not too great for disney!
Mattmills

Disney will try and keep it as low key as possible and will get away with it they always do! dont get me wrong i love disney world lol.
themeparkfreak

Jeez, anymore and something serious might have to be done!

But thats hardly fair on Disney, as mentioned before these accidenst couldve happened anywhere else in the world, its just Disney gets the most visitors.
Adam

They wont find anything wrong with the ride and it will reopen probably towards the end of July.

The autopsy report will be released later today, so that will show how he died.

Poor lad, i feel for his family!
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
Adam

*Double post alert*

The ride is now back open.
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."