possible new old video

What rides and attractions do you miss? Share your memories of Alton Towers' extensive past here.
hex4ever

Ok, I'm always on the lookout for new footage about the park, I have just bought a new video for about £12 but does anyone know if there is an online copy anywhere? May save me the trouble from converting it to MP4.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120913824339?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_500wt_1287

Th13teen wasn't over hyped, just over anticipated
Meat Pie

I don't think I've ever seen the whole thing online, but I suspect this is an excerpt from the video:

Last edited by Meat Pie on Wed May 23, 2012 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AKA the vocal minority.
hex4ever

That's what I was thinking, but Air is involved in that clip, where as it says in the description that it was produced in 1998. But then again the design on the box fits more into the 2000-2004, when air was new so I could see why they would want to promote it on the video. Also, a second looks suggests that it may be the video that clip is from because energizer is still opposite enterprise, which suggests 2002-2003.

mind you, I only got it because there's a haunter douse section

CoasterCrazyChris

hex4ever wrote: That's what I was thinking, but Air is involved in that clip, where as it says in the description that it was produced in 1998. But then again the design on the box fits more into the 2000-2004, when air was new so I could see why they would want to promote it on the video. Also, a second looks suggests that it may be the video that clip is from because energizer is still opposite enterprise, which suggests 2002-2003.

mind you, I only got it because there's a haunter douse section
I would be inclined to beleve it is from 1998 - that style of branding with the bubble logo was introduced that year.

It would have to be before 2001 anyway because by that year The Energizer had already moved from X-Sector to Ug Land and renamed Boneshaker.

:)
Last edited by CoasterCrazyChris on Wed May 23, 2012 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hex4ever

Dam, I can never keep track of things like that, but the point I was trying to make was that in the clip energizer is in by enterprise, so they may not be from the era I suggested but the clip may match the video. Hopefully I will be able to burn it to a DVD and then an MP4 file so it can be uploaded.

cybermen39

Hi these videos were made for three years and there were three per year. For schools education and came with an a4 folder full of all the dimentions and so on of all the rides . There won't be any online copies or anything like that the videos are rare. But back in the 90's they would send you free copies with just a telephone call.They also in 1996 made a video of all the shows from that year and at the end was a behind the scenes footage of magic HQ offices being built and the building in all its glory plus behind the scenes of all the shows inc the dressers getting the entertainers ready and so on. So i would keep an eye out for the others.
cybermen39

Meat Pie wrote: I don't think I've ever seen the whole thing online, but I suspect this is an excerpt from the video:

That footage is not from any of the education videos
hex4ever

Bravo that man. Shame it isn't offered anymore, would be great to get more kids interested in a side to theme parks that isn't just the rides.

Adz
Admin
Admin

There's a lot of similar stuff on iTunesU for free. Most of it is the same stock footage.
cybermen39

Hi not shttp://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_de ... h0Y2QBWzDY ure if i should put this here but it says new old videos and this is old but great Alton towers entertainment
cybermen39