UK's Best Water Ride?

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.

What is the number one water ride in the UK at the moment?

Congo River Rapids (Alton Towers)
12%
The Flume (Alton Towers)
2%
Battle Galleons (Alton Towers)
2%
Tidal Wave (Thorpe Park)
10%
Logger's Leap (Thorpe Park)
6%
Bubbleworks (Chessington)
2%
Dragon Falls (Chessington)
6%
The Lost River Ride (Flamingo Land)
4%
Splash Battle (Flamingo Land)
1%
Pirate Falls (Legoland Windsor)
2%
Hydro (Oakwood Park)
5%
Stormforce 10 (Drayton Manor)
15%
Valhalla (Pleasure Beach Blackpool)
33%
Spongebob's Splash Bash (Pleasure Beach Blackpool)
2%
Other (specify in comments)
No votes

Total votes: 126
darkside

Hydro/Drenched has to be the best really, but I would imagine the lack of Oakwood visits will play a part in the votes.
Nightfall

darkside wrote: Hydro/Drenched has to be the best really, but I would imagine the lack of Oakwood visits will play a part in the votes.
Quite possibly true. It's the only ride on that list which I think could be in with a chance of breaking my top 3 but I can't say for sure.

1. Valhalla: AKA. the reason I occasionally get the urge to visit Blackpool
Easily my favourite water ride I've been on. There's just something about Valhalla that no other ride offers. It feels like you're actually taking a journey into a realm which is much bigger than you, where danger lies around every corner. Sure it would be better if all the effects functioned as they should but the ride has such a solid core that I treat each working effect as a bonus. You could say that no ride into Valhalla is exactly the same.

2. Tidal Wave:
I think this image on Thorpe Parks home page says it all:

Sure there's probably better versions of this ride out there and the restraints leave a lot to be desired but I've yet to find a water splash that looks that impressive.

3. Stormforce 10:
A great idea for a theme. I remember being more impressed the first time I rode this than I have been since but it’s still a good water ride. I think it’s the natural progression of a standard log flume so the pointless meandering is still there but when it reaches the drops Stormforce doesn’t muck about.

Also I haven't ridden The Lost River Ride but now that I've seen it here I think it looks quite good as well, although it lacks the height and therefore the impressive splashdown of Tidal Wave.
[align=center]Image[/align]
pluk

Storm Surge anyone? No?

Valhalla is on another level to anything else on that list, I should be able to vote for it three times as it wins in all three categories!
Total Unique Ridecount
NastyPasty

CoasterCrazyChris wrote:
So, to be a true water ride I think an attraction must actually use water as a means of transporting the ride and have the intention of getting the rider wet at the same time.
Exactly my sentiments which is why Charlie failed to make the list, along with the fact that nobody would've voted for it.

And Nightfall, the Lost River Ride is the only reason I continue to visit Flamingo Land. I take ride-whoring to a new extreme; my record is eight 6-minute long voyages in one afternoon. It's a decent enough ride and the safari element replaces need for much theming. It's Flamingo Bland's only real attempt at a decent ride.

I'm surprised at the lack of love for Chessington's rides. Valhalla seems to be surpassing my expectations rather rapidly. I'm not really keen on it tbh. Just a personal thing.
Keep on whistlin', folks.

Bote

Stormforce for me every time.

What's not to love? It's got a reverse fall, a trick track launch at the beginning, and some really good theming :D

Plus when sat in the right place it has the ability to absolutely drench you :P