Movie Park Germany

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Ryan.B

I was expecting a MACK dive. I do wonder how long it will be til one pops up though.

Anyway, this looks like a solid coaster, and a ride that will undoubtedly bring people to Movie Park.
NeoXIII

Of course the moment I decided to give up my annual pass over there, they've decided to put up a new roller coaster...:P
Actually glad they're bumping up the ride count once again, except for Van Hellsing's Factory all other rollercoasters were almost a pain to ride with :X
lewis97
Admin
Admin

The park have recently released a new video showing the current state of the site where the attraction will be situated, as well as some of the track being manufactured.
Aidan Lowe

Some track has been set up as seen on World of Parks TV video here.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Here's an update from today with photos taken from CoasterFriends Forum. More track and supports are up, including what looks to be a launch section.

NeoXIII

Can't wait to have this finished, gives me an excuse to get back to my home town...;)
I was afraid the entrance would be right at the entrance of the park, making it awfully crowded. But recent pictures suggest that the entrance will be in fact on the other side near the Pier area (and finally getting rid of that Movie Museum).
lewis97
Admin
Admin

A significant amount of track has gone up in the past couple of weeks, revealing some quite funky elements in the ride's layout. Reading some posts on the CoasterFriends Forum, although it is now evident there is a 'spike' feature at one end of the launch, there will also be a switch track to enable the ride to function as a normal closed circuit coaster as opposed to a shuttle - I assume this will be situated in the gap that currently exists between the spike and launch.

Source: CoasterFriends Forum
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Track continues to be erected, as seen in these images from CoasterFriends Forum.

lewis97
Admin
Admin

Looks like the layout has been completed today.

Source

This video documents the progress as of yesterday with it looking like it was just the last section of track between the brake run and station area that was yet to be set in place.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

The first train has been delivered to the park. More photos available here.

Liam.W

Wow they look awesome! Looking to be an awesome coaster!
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

ThemeCrafter264

Obviously, could have been better with a more space themed train but for a less-themed train, it does look good
Liam.W

Not space themed enough? The writing on the side of the train literally screams a space theme right at me...
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

ThemeCrafter264

I mean it looks spacey but could have gone the extra mile to do something spectacular instead of good.
Ladyofthelake

ThemeParkCrafter wrote:Obviously, could have been better with a more space themed train but for a less-themed train, it does look good
The trains are themed in the same style as the USS Enterprise from the Star Trek franchise and, in my opinion, have been done very well. I expect there will be much more Star Trek based theming around the ride so these trains will fit nicely with the ride as a whole. If anything, had they gone for a more detailed train it would have been too much.
Owen

I can see both sides of this, but I think it would be wise to wait until the ride is actually finished before passing judgement on the trains. Especially with the limited detail that can be seen due to the coverings. ;)
Dom

Owen wrote:I can see both sides of this, but I think it would be wise to wait until the ride is actually finished before passing judgement on the trains. Especially with the limited detail that can be seen due to the coverings. ;)
Limited detailing? You are looking at the same pictures I am yeah :lol

These trains are awesome. The old style USS Enterprise really looks good on a coaster train, who knew.
Owen

Dom wrote:
Owen wrote:I can see both sides of this, but I think it would be wise to wait until the ride is actually finished before passing judgement on the trains. Especially with the limited detail that can be seen due to the coverings. ;)
Limited detailing? You are looking at the same pictures I am yeah :lol
Yes. You can't see the detailing of the trains clearly due to the fact there's a a covering over them, hence only being able to see a limited amount of detail. I never meant to insinuate there was limited detail on the trains. :P
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Unfortunately in the time between watching the video and posting it here the video seems to have been removed, however this article still features some images of the coaster testing! Perhaps you may be able to search for and watch the video yourself if you're desperate to see it in action...

Owen

Loopings have posted the video once more, it can be found here. I hope this isn't the final speed because it looks to take some of the inversions painfully slowly! :lol