Toverland

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Toverland have today announced details of their 2018 plans - all of which is available to see on the 2018 minisite.

Today's announcement has confirmed the recent rumours that the new area, opening in summer 2018, will be called Avalon. This is "inspired by the Celtic legend around the famous wizard Merlin and King Arthur and his magical sword Excalibur".

The most exciting thing is of course the B&M wing coaster, now revealed to be called Fēnix.
Transformed into this beautiful creature. He makes its maiden flight, on his way to the next destination. This mythical bird bursts into flames once every 777 years, only to be magically reborn and to resurrect from its ashes.
Facts & Figures:
  • Construction: Bolliger & Mabillard
  • Type: Wing Coaster
  • Height: 40 metres
  • Total length: 813 metres
  • Maximum speed: 95 km/u
  • Inversions: 3
  • Seats: 24 riders per train
  • Trains: 2 trains, each containing six coaches
  • Duration: 2 minutes, boarding and disembarking not included
  • Capacity: 1,000 riders per hour
  • Minimal length: 1.40 metres

The new area will also include Merlin's Quest, a boat ride from MACK Rides.
The heart of Avalon: ‘Tir na nÓg’, the source of eternal life. Word is that Merlin has seen this place first-hand and obtained eternal life as a result.

Discover Tir na nÓg.
You will feel reborn.
Facts & Figures:
  • Constructor: MACK Rides
  • Type: Boat ride
  • Total length: 430 metres
  • Boats: 14
  • Seats: 16 per boat
  • Duration: 12 minutes
  • Capacity: 950 persons per hour

Dom

This looks really good. I hope when its built that it actually looks like the concept art. The Wing coaster looks quite generic, but i'm sure it will be a fun ride. The boat ride looks like it will be heavily themed as well which ls rather exciting too!
Adz
Admin
Admin

This park has always been a favourite of mine. Troy is excellent and each addition seems to be adding more theming and immersion. 

The layout of the B&M very much reminds me of Gatekeeper, though it's a lot prettier and will look absolutely amazing swooping over the lake. 

It looks like I now have an excuse to start planning a return trip!
NemesisRider

Interestingly, you can see the beginning is more or less identical to Flug Der Daemonen up until the Immelmann - dive drop, low airtime hill then immelmann (only main change is Flug rolls right on the dive drop, and Fenix seems to roll left due to the turn). Also the 6 car trains are another similarity to Flug Der Daemonen. That helix following the Immelmann could be quite intense - so I'm interested to see how it turns out! Only complaint is the layout after the zero-G seems to lose a bit of the excitement. Otherwise, Toverland could have a real winner on their hands here! If it's as well themed as other Toverland rides and keeps it's momentum it might well be Europe's best wing coaster!
Chris
Admin
Admin

It's a beautiful park that keeps getting better.

I remember attending for the first time in 2004, then went back last year and the difference was astonishing.

Both rides look like great additions. It seems like the Wing Coaster is going to be B&M's most popular ride they sell - quite a few are appearing in the Asian parks as their flagship attractions. I wish more parks would build B&M Floorless coasters which I think are much better rides! Still, this coaster is actually taller and longer then The Swarm, and looks great.

I'll definitely be making a visit next year.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Toverland has taken the first delivery of Fenix's track this morning.

Source: Toverland 2018 Minisite
Chris
Admin
Admin

Yay! Stunning colour.
Adz
Admin
Admin

That colour looks incredible. I really can't wait to see the theming on this ride, Toverland really has come on so much in the last few years!
Dom

TT Does Toverland for 2018 then :lol Love that colour. Can't wait to see more
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Toverland have today announced details of their new entrance area, Port Laguna. They've also confirmed that the new entrance area, as well as Avalon, will open on 7th July.

Looopings have published an article containing lots of artwork of the entrance area's buildings.

Nickolai

Is this replacing the indoor area then? Or, are they keeping the indoor area but just moving the entrance and admissions area? I have never been or done much research so therefore this may seem a bit like a GP question. :lol
Formally Smiler313
lewis97
Admin
Admin

I'm not completely sure what's happening to the current entrance, but this looks to be in a different area of the park, following a quick look on Google Maps with the coaster on the left of the visual as reference.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

The latest update on Toverland's minisite shows that the first track pieces have been set in place - these being those for the station.

lewis97
Admin
Admin

It would seem that Fenix's lift hill has today been topped off, as shown in this video. Photos posted on Toverland's minisite also show that other sections of the exterior layout have also begun to go vertical now too.

Toverland also recently released the first episode in their 'Making Of' series for Avalon and Port Laguna, providing an insight into both areas' backstories and their early construction.

[youtube]x6WnfjgQRnA[/youtube]
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Toverland have today released the second episode in their Making Of series, looking at the creative process behind both areas and providing another update on construction.

[youtube]ZBQ4lq8pQ-E[/youtube]
Morgan

Couple of pictures of the Fenix site I took on Thursday.

The ride looks huge and certainly has a big impact on the skyline of the park!
Luce

Ooh, looks awesome and another reason to plan a return trip as I really like Toverland :)
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Great photo update, Morgan :) 

The final sections of Fenix's track have been placed today, as shown in these photos from Toverland's 2018 minisite!

Chris
Admin
Admin

Such a gorgeous looking ride. Excited to see the lakes filled up in due course.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Toverland have published Episode 3 of their 'Making Of' series, with this video mainly focusing on the composition of the music and soundtracks for Port Laguna and Avalon. Obviously the end of the video that shows the first sections of Fenix's track going up is now a little outdated :P

[youtube]RxJ1TLl5UCE[/youtube]