Alton Towers Resort Future Discussion

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Coaster Chall

I can kinda see why now however I just don't know how this'll fit in CCL but maybe they'll edit the CCL Entrance till after the Entrance to the Dungeon and maybe have the Dungeon and the Burger Kitchen in its own seperate area
Robert.W

That's kinda what I'm thinking too. Group The Alton Towers Dungeon, CCL Burger Kitchen and SkyRide up into a new area (or just add it as part of The Towers themed area) and have the new entrance to CCL in between the House of Monsters building and Twirling Toadstool – which should, if all goes to plan – be back next year too, which is something at least.

Coaster Chall

Ah brilliant. I've been waiting for Toadstool. I didn't know if it was being stored until Spinball leaves and then expand CBeebies with a rethemed Toadstool and a dark ride but thank god. But what happens to Coaster Corner, the SBNO Ice Age 4D and the Nickelodeon Outta Control site because that's 3 brilliant buildings or sites to use?
Coaster Chall

I think a perfect 2019 is...

I definitely want to see the Charlie retheme. Maybe an original theme. Unrealistically, I wanna see a brand new version of Toyland Tours with the new elevator system at the end.

I also believe that a Sharkbait Reef expansion with a Artic Avenue type area for the cold animals like Penguins would be great as well as an Otter Area and Jellyfish Tank.

Stargazing Pods at Enchanted Village...I guess looks likely but not a fan if it dosent have proper theming. Also, stargazing pods sound sci fi and dosent fit in an Enchanted resort unless it's themed

All they need now is 2 new flat rides. One of those Zamperla Hawks that are dominating America would work in X Sector and maybe another flat ride in Ripsaw's site (Larson Super Loop) and maybe at the end of the season move Blade to another area and replace it next year with a massive Frisbee ride. Like a European version of Crazanity at Six Flags Magic Mountain.

Also if they do eventually retheme CCL, maybe they need to take inspiration from Wildwood Grove at Dollywood for the smaller details and extensive theming
TheBeornen

If we were going to get any swinging ride, I hope it would be like Loke at Liseberg but the biggest issue is the tree height limit.
Reassess your modern lives and ignite your senses.

The Wicker Man comes for us all.

Be Chosen...
Coaster Chall

Yh I agree. Not too high cause of tree height rules with new rides but that same type of ride. Also SW9 probably in 2021
PhNx Survivor

SW9 won’t be till about 2022.. if Merlin stick to their 4 year scheme.. although due to the incident in 2015.. I don’t know how this now will be, as SW7 was 2013.. meaning SW8 should have been 2017.. so maybe 2021..

Hopefully when that time comes, it will also be the end of Rita :lol
“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”
Coaster Chall

Yep. Rita is a goner
Wagstaff04

I hope to see some sort of frisbee ride, as Maelstrom is my favourite ride at Drayton Manor. Due to the height limit, they could even dig a hole for it like Nemesis, and that would probably increase the thrill factor. 
Coaster Chall

Definitely. A Frisbee to replace Blade and move Blade to another area
PhNx Survivor

I do agree that Blade should be replaced with that sort of ride.. but as much as this would please a lot of people, it would also take away a smaller ride for smaller guests, or for people with not such a tolerance to bigger rides..

If anything i’d love to see the old BoneShaker site in Dark Forest to be used, either for a new coaster to replace Rita, or for a new flat dark ride to bring Dark Forest back alive.

I think I speak for a lot of people when I say this.. but I’m a bit tired of walking from coaster to coaster, and having the odd 1 or 2 flats.. Merlin need to invest in more flats in the park to replace the flats that were once there.

Let’s hope!
“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”
Coaster Chall

We can always hope. I mean the rumours of Sealife expanding, Charlie rethemed and the confirmed Enchanted Village Expansion means it is more of a family year next year which is understandable but maybe 1 flat ride in 2019 would be good. I would bring Boneshaker back but I'd wait until the 2020 season when it's the 40th anniversary and then they can bring 3 rides back: Boneshaker, Bouncing Bugs and Submission as well as a 40th anniversary parade.
Robert.W

Forbidden Valley, Dark Forest and X-Sector all need one family flat ride each. Forbidden Valley and Dark Forest also need one thrill flat ride. The reasoning I have for more family flat rides is because at the moment there isn't enough for families to do that have kids who are too old for CBeebies Land but are still too young to do the bigger rollercoasters. The second reason is that currently all the family rides Alton have are all grouped up in certain areas of the park, meaning very long back and fourth walks for some families. Having a mix of rides suitable for almost all ages in every area would help solve this problem.

Coaster Chall

I agree. Question is what will happen for the 40th anniversary in 2020?
jackf1tz

VR on Nemesis, calling it now!!! 8)
Coaster Chall

Oh god. I hope not. One VR Coaster is bad enough. Keep the Galactica theme but just get rid of the VR and make a dark ride or an experience where VR actually makes it good!
Justin

jackf1tz wrote:VR on Nemesis, calling it now!!! 8)
Never going to happen!! :lol
WickerManSmiler

Definitely CCL revamp as it is the worst area of the park
Joel Allen

Hopefully Twirling Toadstool returns in 2019 like Towers told us it would. It would make my day.
Bexa

For flat rides, would one of the Zamperla Disk'O style flat rides be something that could be installed? They seem quite popular and the ones I've ridden have been suited to families.
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move