Alton Towers Resort Future Discussion

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Dan

I would like to see something along the lines of:

- Wicker Man
- RMT
- Nemesis
- Blade
- CBeebies Land

With that offering there would be something for every demographic of guests that Towers get, while also keeping guests predominantly on one side of the park.
Coaster Chall

That's a realistic line up. I would love to see CBeebies Land, Mutiny Bay, Wicker Man, Nemesis, Blade, Galactica, RMT and Duel. It goes along with Dan's idea of one side of the park but also gives guests a sneak preview of CCL, Dark Forest and X Sector from behind the barricade.

Maybe Hex too...
MakoMania

The problem with Forbidden Valley is that since ERT has been cut to only 30 mins now, by the time you walk there it's nearly over.
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
ROYJESS

Wicker Man and The Smiler pull in the biggest queues at the start of the day and remain busy, so to me, it makes sense to include these in the ERT (along with a smaller height restriction coaster for the younger ones) . 

I would also like to see ERT return to a full hour, but it won't happen.
ATI

Not sure where else to post this but the planning application for the Drop Towers, which will apparently be called "Hip Hop" have been filed:-
Source:- http://publicaccess.staffsmoorlands.gov.uk/portal/servlets/ApplicationSearchServlet?PKID=127678
We were born to fly...
AltonOperator

According to the Design and Access Statement, the ride may be a relocation. This is the style of ride:
http://publicaccess.staffsmoorlands.gov.uk/portal/servlets/AttachmentShowServlet?ImageName=217135
Thanks Jack
Coaster Chall

Oh no! THEY ARE DOING A THORPE PARK!! I bet they'll announce a relocated family ride for Dark Forest next but it'll look temporary.
Swarm Chris

Well it looks as though Alton might be attempting to make it fit the environment. Unlike Thorpe's dumping of random ride in one of the parks few consistently themed areas. :lol

But it makes me wonder, is Frog Hopper drop tower 1 and Thorpe's Lumber Jump, tower 2? Seems unlikely Alton would keep Frog Hopper given this and Thorpe appear to be clearing Old Town out, with Lumber Jump certainly not being a permanent fixture.
Htjc_

If this is the case I wouldn't be surprised. Would be glad to see Lumber Jump go, and Old Town really. I don't have an objection to Alton placing it in CBeebies land either.
Please! No more IP's Thorpe! I'm begging you!
Nickolai

I understand this is an investment and will be a filler in CBeebies Land, however given that Dungeons could be an upcharge, I am not sure what to get excited for in 2019.
Formally Smiler313
Rob
Admin
Admin

Nickolai wrote:I understand this is an investment and will be a filler in CBeebies Land, however given that Dungeons could be an upcharge, I am not sure what to get excited for in 2019.
The ability to experience Wicker Man again  :lol
AltonOperator

Swarm Chris wrote:But it makes me wonder, is Frog Hopper drop tower 1 and Thorpe's Lumber Jump, tower 2? Seems unlikely Alton would keep Frog Hopper given this and Thorpe appear to be clearing Old Town out, with Lumber Jump certainly not being a permanent fixture.
I don't think so. These towers have an odd support structure behind that do not feature on either the Frog Hopper or Lumber Jump.
Thanks Jack
The Nemesis Fox

With the opening of The Alton Towers Dungeon, and Wicker Man last year, can we assume Merlin are committed to heavily investing in Alton Towers? Could we be lead to believe more attractions SBNO or removed may be refurbished or replaced? In the short term future will Merlin invest in flat rides to fill the lineup? Will we receive new dark rides?

Personally I am of the opinion that Rita should be relocated across the park in order for Dark Forest to receive a well-themed Intamin LSM coaster. This is due to the operational concerns I have over Rita’s throughput, with the fastrack queue having a 20 minute queue last week. I would prefer to relocate Rita in order not to lose the ride that many of the GP love. More realistically however, would be to receive a bunch of flats such as: Zierer Starshape, Intamin Gyro-Swing, Screamin’ Swing, Topspin...

So what are your opinions and wishes about the short-term future? Would you like more flats? More frequent investment? Baggage holds back?...
GregH94

I don’t think we’ll see another hotel for a while now that the Pods have been added 

Sub Terra could possibly receive a replacement since there’s hardly anything SBNO now compared to a few years ago and it’s sort of the only thing in that category left  (except for Scarefest when it’s Project 42)  

Cloud Cuckoo Land will no doubt be the next area to receive a retheme, possibly even cleared for SW9.

Entertainment drive has definitely kicked back in so maybe we’ll see some more new shows? 
wamdue

What if instead of Sub Terra, they did what VR was actually good for, and did a soldiers eye view of the Nemesis creature, its orgin, and how it was defeated. Something that tells a very similar story, but in a far more 2020 way.
Mango18

Wamdue that sounds awesome!
Coaster Chall

Kinda like that would be fantastic. I personally think they should learn from their mistakes and do a proper Derren Brown Ghost Train system that it's amazing and not tacky and unreliable! Ghost Train is fantastic...when it's all working. A Nemesis themed trip to the corre with the VR as a Phalanx worker's POV in the corre watching over the creature but certain things like VR quality, etc need to be perfect.

If not VR I'd personally like to see visual projection mapping (kinda like an interactive walk through dark ride experience with live actors and visual effects),
DerpyQuark

I would like to see at least 3 new flat rides. One in Forbidden Valley, one in X Sector, and one in Dark Forest. And some removals and rethemes.

FV flat ride-Ripsaw’s former site. Maybe a Huss Breakdance like Dynamo, or another, newer Huss Top Spin, and theme it to the Nemesis monster/the Phalanx. 

XS flat ride-Submission’s former site. I have no idea what type of ride I want this to be, but I want it to be a children’s/family ride, sort of like a “junior Smiler” for children below the 1.4 metre mark to get corrected/marmalised by the MOJ.

DF flat ride-That weird bit of land where Ug Swinger was. Again, I have no idea what ride type I want this ride to be, but I want the theming to resemble a Thunder Rock Rally viewing platform taken over by the forest. There should be lots of vines and twigs and it should be a thrilling flat.

Other Suggestions, Remove Rita and put SW9 in there. Maybe a Mack double launch could fit in.
Remove Spinball and expand Cbeebies Land.
Retheme Cloud Cuckoo Land to Henry Hound’s Village. Give it lots of old “Where the Magic Never Ends” Alton Towers charm.
-Reopen the Theatre.
-Add 2-3 new family flat rides.
-Retheme Nick:Outta Control to a new dark ride/walkthrough.
-Retheme the Driving School.
-Add lots of meet and greets.
And that’s all my suggestions. (Happy 50th post to me!)
Morgan

A Launched Spinner from Mack would not only replace Rita, but Spinball as well, opening the Spinball site as potential expansion for CBeebies- or even better, a little flume. That'd accomodate a wide group of people whilst maintaning a high capacity.
Mr_Gibson

I think that Cloud Cuckoo Land has some great potential to make a new themed area. I normally only go there when on a school trip (the education centre is located there) but it has been looking a bit sad and empty for the last two years.