Alton Towers Resort Future Discussion

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
RCandrew

Very random idea but they should open "the simpsons Springfield" or something, themed on the simpsons and the town with rides to match in! They could also have characters, and it could be aimed at everybody! I must say alton towers does need some characters and this would be perfect, there's nothi like it in the UK?!  And in the simpsons they have krustyland and itchy and scratchy land so they could do smaller parts within the town themed to this where the bigger rides could be!
Alex

If you look at Universal Studios in Orlando they are just about to open Springfield and they will own the IP so I doubt that could ever happen
JayTricky

RCandrew wrote: Very random idea but they should open "the simpsons Springfield" or something, themed on the simpsons and the town with rides to match in! They could also have characters, and it could be aimed at everybody! I must say alton towers does need some characters and this would be perfect, there's nothi like it in the UK?!  And in the simpsons they have krustyland and itchy and scratchy land so they could do smaller parts within the town themed to this where the bigger rides could be!
That wouldn't be very Alton Towers like at all. Universal have already got it anyway.
Owen

CBBC would be quite an accurate guess due to how much they work together...I suppose
Kirsty25

Thrillmad wrote: CBBC would be quite an accurate guess due to how much they work together...I suppose
Yeah didn't Blue Peter have a thing with towers and the smiler?
Owen

Kirsty25 wrote:
Thrillmad wrote: CBBC would be quite an accurate guess due to how much they work together...I suppose
Yeah didn't Blue Peter have a thing with towers and the smiler?
Yes, and oblivion, and nemesis and air!  :D
stu1980

is this like confirmed now or not.
Has the magic gone for me - yep almost!
TheAdvocate123

Everyone believes that there will be a new re theme of Katanga Canyon to Pirates, I honestly don't think that Mutiny Bay needs to be any bigger as it already contains quite a few restaurants, arcades and a couple of small childrens rides and shows. I think Adventure Land will stay the same as they will save money for secret weapon 8 in the future or even Secret Weapon 9. (scary to think we are already coming up to 8 and 9 but honestly cant wait!!!)  ;)  :P  8)  :D
Liam-AltonTowers

TheAdvocate123 wrote: Everyone believes that there will be a new re theme of Katanga Canyon to Pirates, I honestly don't think that Mutiny Bay needs to be any bigger as it already contains quite a few restaurants, arcades and a couple of small childrens rides and shows. I think Adventure Land will stay the same as they will save money for secret weapon 8 in the future or even Secret Weapon 9. (scary to think we are already coming up to 8 and 9 but honestly cant wait!!!)  ;)  :P  8)  :D
Yeah I agree, if they were going to extend Mutiny Bay couldn't they just use that storage area behind it to build on?

Credit to Lewis97, thanks for the amazing signature!
youarecorrectsir

TheAdvocate123 wrote: Everyone believes that there will be a new re theme of Katanga Canyon to Pirates, I honestly don't think that Mutiny Bay needs to be any bigger as it already contains quite a few restaurants, arcades and a couple of small childrens rides and shows. I think Adventure Land will stay the same as they will save money for secret weapon 8 in the future or even Secret Weapon 9. (scary to think we are already coming up to 8 and 9 but honestly cant wait!!!)  ;)  :P  8)  :D
I would be absolutely gutted if they rethemed Katanga Canyon! It's easily the best themed area of the park!! If anything, they should focus on expanding it! I think there is a lot of place to make that an even bigger focal point in the park to contend with the main roller coaster areas.
[align=center]"Everybody dies, but not everybody lives"[/align]
noah.boyd.902

they will bring back the haunted house in 2014
:O
Danny

noah.boyd.902 wrote: they will bring back the haunted house in 2014
:O
I wish. But it's not happening.
schmatt

Would love the family side of the park to be updated to compete with other UK parks, especially as Thomas Land is so close, and the amount of guests its attracted is unbelievable. Here are some of my ideas:

Storybook land/Adventure Land

• Refurbish the book worm to have interaction between guests (similar to the fountain in IOA)
• Expand storybook land into adventure land to make one large area.
• Relocate or sell Spinball
• Convert the hospitality suite into a themed restaurant
• Add a child friendly coaster and some children's flats
• A dark ride (similar in size to Dora's world adventure) on the old beasite site
• Refurbish the ice tent and start daily shows again
• Add a train to connect the area to a new area in coaster corner/CCL

Old McDonald's Farmyard

• Retheme the area
• New large family coaster/possibly relocation for spinball
• Larger family flat rides
• Retheme of riverbank eyespy, tractors, Berry Bish Bash and carousel.
• New eatery
• Large multi-story indoor playground

Coaster Corner/CCL

• IP themed area - possibly dreamworks
• New train station to link to front of the park
• Indoor family coaster/possibly Spinball
• New eatery
• New flat rides
• New dark ride
• New live theatre
• Reopen Nick funhouse under new theme
• Retheme CATCF & other current rides
Last edited by schmatt on Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arsenalfan-1

I think that Alton seriously needs some new flat rides because I think in that area the park is most lacking. I can't really remember a recent, thrilling flat ride investment by Alton.
Anyone got any ideas of modern flats that AT could invest in?  :|

Edit: Now I think of it, I guess sub-terra is a flat ride but in terms of the actual ride, that was pretty lame. But still, the question still stands.
Last edited by arsenalfan-1 on Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks Lewis97
Toonsville

schmatt wrote:
Storybook land/Adventure Land

• Refurbish the book worm to have interaction between guests (similar to the fountain in IOA)
• Expand storybook land into adventure land to make one large area.
• Relocate or sell Spinball
• Convert the hospitality suite into a themed restaurant
• Add a child friendly coaster and some children's flats
• A dark ride (similar in size to Dora's world adventure) on the old beasite site
• Refurbish the ice tent and start daily shows again
• Add a train to connect the area to a new area in coaster corner/CCL

Old McDonald's Farmyard

• Retheme the area
• New large family coaster/possibly relocation for spinball
• Larger family flat rides
• Retheme of riverbank eyespy, tractors, Berry Bish Bash and carousel.
• New eatery
• Large multi-story indoor playground
I would love to see these themed areas to merge into one themed area as Nintendo Land even if Alton Towers sign contract with Nintendo (like what I mentioned before), The Old Beastie ride would be a Luigi's Haunted Mansion dark ride (smilar to the Original Haunted House Ride in Alton Towers), The family coaster would be the Donkey Kong Country themed rollercoaster, The New eatery would be the Pokemon Centre themed restaurant and Mario themed Pizza eatery, and the flat rides would be the likes of Mario Kart Dodgems, The Legend of Zelda themed Tower Drop ride, and The Pikachu Forest which would allow kids to ride on the back of Pikachu.
schmatt wrote: • Reopen Nick funhouse under new theme
Yes, It was abandoned for the very longest time, It needs to be reopened as something else new like an Indoor Play Area, some Dark ride (like Mr. Bean themed (as Mr. Bean's Wild Ride), or even Garfield themed which I love to see (as Garfield's Nightmare based on Kennywood Park: http://youtu.be/BNv3_ZotdFI), or even a funhouse attraction which could be based on some popular preschool show for example.
Stfcsteve

Alton towers do need to invest in some flat rides. Possible developments in the coming future in my opinion,

I think over at the dark forest they need something. To tell a story of the forest, the girl, rita and the wraths. With live actors and some awesome 4d affects like this video
Also with a bit of terminator effects to the area is lacking something and it is a scary story telling flat ride.

Duel I can see going as it is dated and rubbish flat It's so gimmicky now, i visted last week for two days and I didn't even bother with it. They need to re theme the area badly and it needs most attention I think.

X sector aswell is lacking a flat ride, I know the smiler has just been built and now it needs a flat to build that story as most people who visit don't even know who dr kellerman is.

Charlie will be re themed to a new child's book or possibly a alton towers own story maybe of sir algernon and his voyages??

To other rides

As we all know the flume is falling apart needs to be scrapped, they should build a water-coaster ( sw8/9/or 10) or do a new flume.
Rapids should get some much needed tlc, include some new scenery and effects to get you wet.

Ripsaw should go along with the blade. Two new rides in its place.

spinball whizzer to be sold off or moved and sw8 in its place.
New sw9 by air.

Development of new hotel by 2017 latest
Last edited by Stfcsteve on Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wise men say.........
TomL

What about, tower move spinball to the storage area behind mutiny bay/ coach car park on the side of the monorail closest to MB and they keep old mcdonalds farmyard... Close the flume up and built a new log flume in a new themed land where spinball is. If they knock down the ice arena tent at the same time, applying for planning permission will be a lot easier. What the theme will be of the new area, why not branch out old mcdonalds farm? Its a very good area in the park like a hidden jewel that includes very good theming and kids enjoy it! The log flume won't create much noise to disturb animals either
Hari

Hello, this is my idea on what should happen within the next few years :

-Re-theme Adventure Land into a jungle theme.
-Re-theme Sonic Spinball to fit in with the Jungle theme and call it something like Jungle Whirl or something. :)
-Get rid of StoryBook Land and Ice Arena and expand Adventure Land.

-Remove Ripsaw and Blade to make room for SW8.
-Flume to be replaced with a Pirate themed AquaTrax :)
-Removal of Ice Age 4D and replaced with another cinema.

-A wooden coaster opens as SW8.
-Re-theme of CATCF
-Re-open Nickelodeon: Outta Control! under another name like The Wacky House.
-Re open the Slurp and Burp cafe.

Thats all I can think of!
NR
Liam-AltonTowers

Hari wrote: -Remove Ripsaw and Blade to make room for SW8.
-Flume to be replaced with a Pirate themed AquaTrax :)
I agree they should remove The Blade but not Ripsaw, it's one of the leading flat rides, all it needs is refurbishing.

Plus SW8 in my opinion should be built either behind Air or on the site of The Flume so it goes over the lake at interwinds in the forest.

Credit to Lewis97, thanks for the amazing signature!
Toonsville

My idea for the fast food eatery to replace the Burger Kitchen in Cloud Cuckoo land would be Augustin Burger. They would sell the combined meal of Burger, Fries and a soft drink with the name 'The Augustin Combo'.

Here is the Logo of Augustin Burger:
Last edited by Toonsville on Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.