Alton Towers Resort Future Discussion

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
JoshRicho-atiR

nicksy111 wrote:
JoshRicho-atiR wrote: Maybe an intamin an drop in 2015 and make it bigger and better than apocalypse. Wouldn't cost that much, and wouldn't  take up Much space. Maybe it could even take the place of duel or they could take away the nemesis arcade? Further more maybe they could add a twist to it to make it another worlds first, would even make DMPs apocalypse look small and old which would give AT more visitors?
That wouldn't happen.

AT already have 3 attractions with a drop as the main feature (Oblivion, Th13teen and Sub-Terra)

Another one would be overkill.

True but can we really count sub terra and thirteen as "thrill rides"?
Dan

Sub-Terra you can.

I'd class Thirteen as a family thrill ride. A stepping stone up to the true thrill rides for younger people. My other half, who isn't into coasters at all, finds Thirteen more than thrilling enough for her.

Not wanting to start an argument but AT wouldnt even consider another ride with a drop feature until at least one of the previously mentioned attractions was removed.
JoshRicho-atiR

nicksy111 wrote:
Sub-Terra you can.

I'd class Thirteen as a family thrill ride. A stepping stone up to the true thrill rides for younger people. My other half, who isn't into coasters at all, finds Thirteen more than thrilling enough for her.

Not wanting to start an argument but AT wouldnt even consider another ride with a drop feature until at least one of the previously mentioned attractions was removed.

True I agree but I don't really like sub terra. But admit it would be good to have a worlds first drop tower?
RCandrew

I definitely think the next big thing will be completely different (wing rider, woodie) or a type of launch! (Possibly still a b&m wing rider as this would make for a great coaster as they can't get big lift hills and drops!)
bensaund

As for a drop tower, remember unless Merlin are going to build a 30 metre hole in the ground, it can't go higher than the trees
If you go down to the woods today
Milgod

One thing I would like to see would be rides that you need to be 1.3m to ride. Right now there is a big jump from the 1.2m - 1.4m rides. The only reason I notice this right now is that my daughter loves rollercoasters, but at 1.36m hasn't been able to ride many super fast ones yet.

I also want to see Beast & Black hole come back, just for old times sake.
Yahna110587

I havent posted here before but log on most days to have anosy at wots new, but i just found this while googling wots new for 2014. It looks like we are defo getting a new childrens area then in old mcdonalds farm.

Alton Towers have released further details regarding their annual Christmas event – Santa Sleepovers.

The package includes access to a selected amount of family rides in the Theme Park which recieves a festive makeover, a visit to see the big man himself, special entertainment in the hotels and access to the Waterpark too.

The full package for 2013 includes:

One night in either the Alton Towers Hotel or Splash Landings
Theme Park access with selected family rides (see below)
Waterpark access for 1 day
A visit to see Father Christmas and his Reindeer
Entertainment and Cinema in the Hotels
Bed, Breakfast and Evening Christmas Buffet Meal served in either hotel.

n a change to previous years there appears to be no Santas Lunches (a similar package, without the overnight stay, and replacing the evening meal for a festive lunch). Also normally Santa can be found in Old Macdonald’s Farm along with the associated farm area rides, however that appears not to be the case this year; adding to speculation that Old Macdonald’s Farm will be leaving the park in 2013 for redevelopment to open in 2014.

The rides and attractions available this year will be:

Sharkbaint Reef – by SEALIFE in Mutiny Bay.
Marauders Mayhem in Mutiny Bay.
Heave Ho in Mutiny Bay.
Ice Age the 4D Experience in Cloud Cuckoo Land.
Frog Hopper in Cloud Cuckoo Land.
Wobble World in Cloud Cuckoo Land.
Driving School in Cloud Cuckoo Land.
Twirling Toadstool in Cloud Cuckoo Land.
Festive Pottery Painting – location TBA.
Reindeer feeding and petting – location TBA.
Santa Secret Grotto – location TBA.

http://www.towersstreet.com/news/
iBacon

One thing I did think of to increase the Smiler popularness (If that's a word) (popularity is the right word though yours sounds better ~ Kirsty Team TTF)

The Smiler - Standup?
Last edited by iBacon on Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks to Lewis97 for my Amazing Signature!
Owen

iBacon wrote: One thing I did think of to increase the Smiler popularness (If that's a word) (popularity is the right word though yours sounds better ~ Kirsty Team TTF)

The Smiler - Standup?
That's sounds cool,but the near misses freak me out all ready don't wanna be closer! Haha
Also,couldn't it be quite painful?
iBacon

Thrillmad wrote:
iBacon wrote: One thing I did think of to increase the Smiler popularness (If that's a word) (popularity is the right word though yours sounds better ~ Kirsty Team TTF)

The Smiler - Standup?
That's sounds cool,but the near misses freak me out all ready don't wanna be closer! Haha
Also,couldn't it be quite painful?
I guess, Shockwave Drayton Manor is already painful! I also think the vertical lift hill would hurt me, guess I didn't think it through.
Thanks to Lewis97 for my Amazing Signature!
bensaund

Yet again they have missed out Charlie for these out of season events. This would be an ideal ride for Christmas.
If you go down to the woods today
Liam-AltonTowers

In my opinion, for 2014 if it is true about the two new family rides. I think one of them should be:

A completely new water ride on the site of The Flume, it's outdated and there's only so much painting and refurbishing you can do to a ride. Something like Valhalla at Blackpool however more outdoors with a possible indoor section, that way it would actually be pirate themed and people would know its part of Mutiny Bay, these days you don't know what The Flume's part of, it's just a random ride inbetween Mutiny Bay and Katanga Canyon. Also the boats coukd be pirate shaped and it could feature a taller drop that could dip slightly underground. Here's some pictures to show you what it could possibly be like:

Credit to Lewis97, thanks for the amazing signature!
day54

Yahna110587 wrote: I havent posted here before but log on most days to have anosy at wots new, but i just found this while googling wots new for 2014. It looks like we are defo getting a new childrens area then in old mcdonalds farm.

Alton Towers have released further details regarding their annual Christmas event – Santa Sleepovers.

The package includes access to a selected amount of family rides in the Theme Park which recieves a festive makeover, a visit to see the big man himself, special entertainment in the hotels and access to the Waterpark too.

n a change to previous years there appears to be no Santas Lunches (a similar package, without the overnight stay, and replacing the evening meal for a festive lunch). Also normally Santa can be found in Old Macdonald’s Farm along with the associated farm area rides, however that appears not to be the case this year; adding to speculation that Old Macdonald’s Farm will be leaving the park in 2013 for redevelopment to open in 2014.

Heave Ho in Mutiny Bay.

The whole area looks set to close at the end of summer. They have signed a deal with some big film company. Probably going to be likr Thomas Land at DM or more like Nickelodeon Land at BPB. New restaurant, loads of rides. Exciting!
Yahna110587

oh wow that sounds good. im bringing my 3 and 4 year old for the first time next year. Any ideas who they signed up with?
Owen

day54 wrote:
Yahna110587 wrote: I havent posted here before but log on most days to have anosy at wots new, but i just found this while googling wots new for 2014. It looks like we are defo getting a new childrens area then in old mcdonalds farm.

Heave Ho in Mutiny Bay.

The whole area looks set to close at the end of summer. They have signed a deal with some big film company. Probably going to be like Thomas Land at DM or more like Nickelodeon Land at BPB. New restaurant, loads of rides. Exciting!
How do you know this?
Danny

It's been common knowledge for a while now that the Farmyard with potentially Storybook Land is being axed at the end of the season for a retheme to a family area, most likely with an IP. However I have my doubts it'll be based around a big film franchise [look what happened with the whole Shrek failure resulting in no new additions in 2011] and they'll aim it at some form of TV show/ TV franchise.

I also doubt it will close at the end of summer.
Yahna110587

Thrillmad wrote:
day54 wrote:

Heave Ho in Mutiny Bay.

The whole area looks set to close at the end of summer. They have signed a deal with some big film company. Probably going to be like Thomas Land at DM or more like Nickelodeon Land at BPB. New restaurant, loads of rides. Exciting!
How do you know this?
day54

CBBC land is coming to Alton Towers :)
Yahna110587

day54 wrote: CBBC land is coming to Alton Towers :)

How do you know its CBBC?
Toonsville

Not to mention Super Mario creator, Shigeru Miyamoto was thinking about the possible theme park of Nintendo Land, Merlin should sign the Contract from Nintendo to open The Nintendo Land Themed area for Alton Towers which I would love to see.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/0 ... the_future