Guilty Pleasures...Secret Things to do at the Towers

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
TomahawkTom

^ you mean the rooms that birds use as toilets?
RustyRider

By birds, I hope you mean of the ornithological variety, as opposed to women squatting in the towers??!! :?
Ladies and Gentlemen, our first SuperHero TTFer :D - Magrathea.
Nemmychick
Location: Wished I lived in Alton, but I live on the border of Wales

My Alton Towers guilty pleasure?

Trying to freak people out on the Skyride by saying ''Get ready for the drop!'' Their faces are so freaked :P
I live, breath and sleep Alton Towers.

I also produce the funniest ORP's in the planet!

Wuv yoooooooo <3
MinteButtons

TomahawkTom wrote: ^ you mean the rooms that birds use as toilets?
It's sad really to see such a beautiful building, then you go in to see broken windows, graffiti and carpets of pigeon feces.

Due to the lack of windows and coverage though birds will get in, the money needed to spruce-up the Towers, repair windows etc (though in no way a full renovation) will never happen. If Merlin put the money towards it, they'd never get it back as if they advertised "New for 2014 - renovated Towers" it'd hardly bring in guests.

Sorry about that little rant!
I must say for me, a day isn't complete without a minimum of 30 minutes of whoring Oblivion at the end of the day, and I quite like to go up to the roof of the Towers and just stay there for a bit, taking in the view or listening to some music.
Doodle Doo Derby and The Farmyard are my guilty pleasure primarily due to the lack of game stands. I think are the best areas to "escape" in and the theming and are lovely, and the hosts are generally very friendly.
marita

I would love to take a load of soap stuff and put it in the flume or rapids right by the jets......i dont have the bubbles to do it tho  :oops:
JaykeAT

when I went once last year i had a bald patch on one side of my head due to a dodgy hairdresser,so i decided that after every ride i would exclaim to someone selling the orp "LOOK WHAT YOUR STUPID RIDE DID TO MY HAIR,I DEMAND A REFUND" not once did it work though
Magrathea

marita wrote: I would love to take a load of soap stuff and put it in the flume or rapids right by the jets......i dont have the bubbles to do it tho  :oops:
Image DEFOAMER!

A visit to the Towers is a must for me; though never on my own...*shudder* They absolutely terrify me alone.
Stelios7
Location: Somewhere near Disney Land Stafford. I mean... err... Derbyshire.

owenjones92 wrote: Going on berry bish bash even though I'm 19!

Sent from my HTC EVO  using Tapatalk
It's ok, we all know that BBB is secretly for adults. See TTF'ers hoard Berry Bish Bash on the Birthday Meet.
Officially, TTF's Only EasyJet founder.
LordOfDarkness

Im sharing a secret with you, If you go into the towers at exactly 5:01PM a mysterious door will appear.

Once you see that door knock on it and say the code word: 'The Magic'. A mysterious man who looks abit like Jasper Carrot will great you and take you towards this steel contraption. After passing through some abandoned Toyland Tours boats and the boneshakers main arm you will take your seat on this ride. You look to your left,  B&M engraved on the wooden pillars. The ride starts, you go up the chainlift to the peak... You look out over the gardens and soon plunge into them.

This is not included in the Standard Admission Price.
Last edited by LordOfDarkness on Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
[align=center]Image

SamRyan ~ @SamRyanSport [/align]
GoldWolf

Singing/screaming Bohemian Rhapsody whilst on the rides.

Enterprise, Submission, Ripsaw, Rapids and Oblivion get the best reactions!
Vladimir Bobinski

Insisting on cutting through the towers to get to the X Sector because I can't be arsed to walk all the way around, while confusing those around me that don't go so regularly.
Benjy Alton Towers Kid

Tugboat wrote: My guilty pleasure is working there.
Ultimate WINNING! Love to work there when I'm older as I will always be a stupid kid inside of me :)
Theme Parks are my way of life.

Benjy Alton Towers Kid :)
Keep smiling!!! :)
Delta79

DanteNero666 wrote: This isn't something I've done, but would do if I had the balls. I've always wanted to ride oblivion, and then just before it drops, hold up a bolt and shout "Wait, this isn't supposed to come off" Very mean, I know.
Confession time
I almost shut a ride down after finding a m8 bolt in my coat and jokingly saying to my mate "look what i have just found" when loading, the look on one of the ride ops face was a picture. I quickly say " only joking, its out of my pocket" it did go back in the zipped pocket.  :oops:
MinteButtons wrote: the money needed to spruce-up the Towers, repair windows etc will never happen.
It will get money if they find a way of making money from it. high price on park hotel anyone?
Wiggler

I'd say mine is taking a scanner with me so I always know the queue , what rides are down, why they're down, when they are back up, and just to hear the general radio chat to keep me amused whilst in the queue lines...

It's also ridiculous hearing how many nupties leaves cars open/unlocked!!
MatthewR1990

Oli wrote: Doing a massive dump in the farmyard toilets and not flushing.
Holy crap that was you??? That thing was huge! Lmao

My guilty pleasure, is making sure to run as quick as I can through the queue lines especially Hex and the main kiosks to get into the park. It's a definate way to get funny looks,
West Bromwich Albion until I die! I bleed blue and white.
Charlee

Riding Submission.
I used to think I knew a lot about coasters, but then I joined this forum.
Rollermad

I'm innocent , sort of :P
Delta79

Wiggler wrote: I'd say mine is taking a scanner with me so I always know the queue , what rides are down, why they're down, when they are back up, and just to hear the general radio chat to keep me amused whilst in the queue lines...

It's also ridiculous hearing how many nupties leaves cars open/unlocked!!
any chance of posting or PMing me the frequency(s). 
I'llookdownifiwanto

Saying to friends; 'Did you not see it on that board then? It said the Skyride queue is 45 minutes! we'll have to walk through the gardens instead' Even though it doesn't say the Skyride queue times on the boards, just so i can have a lovely walk through the gardens  :lol: hehe silly gullible friends  ;)

*sniffs* "Don't like m£rlin" :(
NF2

I Put my iPod in during Duel and sync up all of the Haunted House music to play in the right places.

I don't do it every time, for example sometimes i'd rather shoot, but if i'm looking for the old HH experience just stick on the music at a volume thats loud enough to drown out the Duel music but not the SFX and its like being back on the Haunted House...

well almost anyway ;)