Thorpe Park - Derren Brown's Ghost Train

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
nickhutson

Let's just assume The Sun has no idea what it's talking about.

We're talking about the same media outlets that refer to The Wizarding World Of Harry Potter as an entire theme park.
simononestop

Could that train to just be a fake front of a train on the wall. It may do nothing but be scenery. this may just be a walk/queue through section of the ride? it might all just be scenery or the first story section?
Horras64

simononestop wrote:Could that train to just be a fake front of a train on the wall. It may do nothing but be scenery. this may just be a walk/queue through section of the ride? it might all just be scenery or the first story section?
I mentioned this in a few posts above. But if it isn't then I have no clue. Or it's a fake but I realised that it would be a health risk.
simononestop

I mean the train is a fake front on the wall the exit is real you can see the light underneath it. also the exit just wouldn't be there in real life. it wouldn't be at an angle like that next to a train carriage.
Owen

There is no queue line inside the attraction (according to plans), although it could just be scenery yes :)
Last edited by Owen on Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CoasterJames

If it is scenary then that is a great bit of theming

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy A3
Owen

I'm unsure what to think, as it seems as though it should go through into the next section, and so it could mean it begins to creep toward you?

It's all very exciting, I hope the preview day details are revealed soon! Roll on May 4th! :D
Max

The Sun wrote:Tickets for the much sought-after show have already been sold out.
Umm, what on earth are they on about? :lol
Formerly known as NemesisNosh
2016 Ride Count: 888
Benjisstephens

I think the train is a part of scenery. I think it might light up and make a loud noise as you walk past it. I've seen this type of scare in a scare maze in universal studios halloween horror nights
Benjisstephens

It was in the Amerian Werewolf in London maze (2014). I found a video, the train is at 2:58 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-lbYtVsVeE
Owen

NemesisNosh wrote:
The Sun wrote:Tickets for the much sought-after show have already been sold out.
Umm, what on earth are they on about? :lol
Like said in my original post, the 'journalist' who wrote the article was under the impression that the attraction was a one off show and that all tickets had sold out (12p tickets presumably), even with the multiple times that it has been stated to be a ride experience. :)
althorpe

just saw this on facebook page for the ghost train
Horras64

Can you post a link to the original post on Facebook?
althorpe

Its been deleted now
Horras64

Bad news. Maybe it will be a maze, I HOPE NOT!
Owen

I'd just like to refer people back to the plans -

How very odd. A 6 minute horror maze (THE BIG TOP lasted about 5) in a space hardly big enough to fit 20 people (out of 60, referring to the stair case sections) in, not to mention the health and safety risks associated with the stairs. They must expect us to walk very slowly! :lol Or you know, that might just be me... :-k
Last edited by Owen on Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Horras64

I think the guys troll. The guy had claimed to know something, and they don't want people trying to claim to be someone or know something. I really doubt half the attraction, and I beleive Derren said he doesn't like horror mazes.
JonDoesTT

If the first section is an ordinary horror maze I'll be extremely disappointed, if it had illusions and effects, so it was genuinely a maze with some extreme scares, just to mess with your head, it would be good. I know this is unlikely, and tbh I'd much prefer something else.

Credit to NemesisRider
Horras64

I doubt it'll have any maze aspect, the emphasis on the hanging train has been too great, add week as track being spotted, more trains and VR. I am 99% sure it isn't going to be a maze, especially with SAW ALIVE being a fright nights only attraction.
althorpe

is anyone else woried about the vr from seeing galactca?