Thorpe Park - Derren Brown's Ghost Train

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Morgan

I have a theory on how the vehicle will move (I guess it can be classed as spoilers)
Spoiler
So you board from Side A. The train leaves via Side B (opposite Side A)... but the tube train is suspended itself. Then at some point there is track underneath. It is on both for a while before becoming fully dependent on the bottom rails. Would cause a lovely jolt as well, perfect for a jump/bit of drama.
AndreJD

Thorpe Park Twitter still saying no definite opening date. Very strange stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan

AndreJD wrote:Thorpe Park Twitter still saying no definite opening date. Very strange stuff.

With it being so far past the original opening date I highly doubt we'll see them announce another one.

It'll be very much like The Smiler, it will just open when it's ready without any big announcement.
Owen

I'd expect the resort have a projected opening date for the behind the scenes team, however like Dan said I don't expect this will be publicly available until the day comes.

I personally think it'll be next weekend, but who knows at the end of the day! :)
AndreJD

I did think though that when they decide it's finished they'll say that the opening day is Thursday or something along those lines. They need to let the press know to attend surely. Otherwise it's a wasted free PR day.

lewis97
Admin
Admin

A dedicated media event will probably be organised for a date after the attraction now opens rather than as a preview which was likely the plan previously.
timmy1372

How late is this now? They must be kicking themselves, that's alot of peak season gone already!
Owen

They will most definitely be annoyed, however I'm glad they have decided to loose a chunk of income as opossed to opening a half finished ride. If the ride has technical issues that could ruin a riders perception of the ride then it's only fair they try to fix these, but seeing as preview are now going on I'd be inclined to say that the attraction is more or less ready to go, that being if it doesn't bump into anymore...complications. ;)
NeoXIII

While it's ridiculous how long they're taking with the opening and stopped communicating any kind of specific opening date, I am pleased they've learned from their mistakes and don't open up an attraction with half of the effects not working. I remember experiencing "I'm a celebrity" on its first opening week felt rather...poor. :P
craig.day.92

It just seem like all the hype and communication has gone, I mean are we even certain its going to open next month, On the other hand I would rather have all the kinks ironed out now rather then later, I just hope it lives up to the price, Expections and the delay for it all.
theparklifekid

Next thing you know it won't open at all this year and we will have news like...
BREAKING NEWS: Derren Browns's Ghost train delayed to 2019 :lol

But i am also glad that they are taking time with this ride, it should (hopefully) open soon (I can see this weekend being possible). Lets hope its all worth it....
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!
Aidan Lowe

Because the delay is a creative one I'm guessing perhaps the recent public tests maybe yielded sub par experiences and further tweaks need making.

A lot of hype was created by this as not much was known and a lot of money invested so they need to get it right first time.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Owen

Personally I'm expecting an opening very soon, however we will just have to wait and see. :)
Justin

Patience is a virtue! ;)
xylyx

That it is :) going to Thorpe for my first ever visit on the 20th, should be nice for that to be the opening date :P
dazza4783

Apparently it opened this afternoon. To everyone, not just hotel guests.
Horras64

dazza4783 wrote:Apparently it opened this afternoon. To everyone, not just hotel guests.
According to who?

dannypugh88

People posted on Twitter this afternoon about it
cianjs

Ryan on TPM uploaded photo :)

Aidan Lowe

People today have come away with photos so guessing it is legit.

Credit: @anthony_rudd

Credit: @Lucie_Hannah

Last edited by Aidan Lowe on Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc