Thorpe Park - Derren Brown's Ghost Train

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Aidan Lowe

Owen wrote:I wouldn't expect that this is fully enforced, I mean Nemesis:Sub-Terra is technically 12 and up and so it's restriction is 1.4 Meters. I think we can see the same with this :)
Probably true but think this may be a bit more stricter than Sub Terra. It does seem to be a darker experience when he states people will question whats real and not. You go into a horror ride you know it isn't real.

Interesting the Mind Gap page has been updated now but has posts from as far back as 22nd October that weren't there 40 minutes ago lol.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Georgie

I found the clue! I won't spoil it, but it involves typing something into your browser...

EDIT: And I just noticed that icon in Derren's coffee tweet and the image of the scare actors blocking the park entrance is in the background. It obviously has some sort of significance.
1. Helix | 2. Taron | 3. Nemesis | 4. Expedition GeForce | 5. Wodan
Aidan Lowe

Don't know what the sequence is to get to this page but it says:
You’ve found our secret Derren Brown gallery and you’re now one step closer to riding THORPE PARK Resort’s newest attraction. Keep a look out for the remaining clues in the coming months..
The gallery picture can be seen on this tweet here.

The website only has these so far in the source code:
Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right
Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Left, Right, Right
Up, Up, Down, Down, Right, Right
Last edited by Aidan Lowe on Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Georgie

It's not a sequence. You have to type something into your web browser (not the page, the browser itself) to find it.
Aidan Lowe

Ah yea I got it, go back to the picture of the eye I posted on the last page here. This also updates your progress.

www.mindswanted.co.uk/iseeyou
Last edited by Aidan Lowe on Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Owen

I noticed this in Mind Gap -
MIND GAP wrote:A chair is still a chair...
But who will be sitting there...
This got me thinking, could this experience possibly be meant to be taken, or made to feel like you are on your own in the ride?

If so that would really make some people nervous and maybe even mess with their heads a little bit...
theparklifekid

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Well, that confirms the derren brown thing.
Ohh a worlds first
archie.mm

The minds wanted website has also been updated. It now says that Derren has chosen an abandoned warehouse to show you or something like thay. That explains the outside.
xylyx

I'm guessing it will be staggered like hex or sub terra, one group gets on the ride while the next queues and the next enters the pre-show, stuff like that.

Love all this mystery even with the snippets, and as a huge fan of Deren Brown I love that he's involved. Glad well be making our first ever trip to Thorpe this year now :D
MakoMania

My expectations for this attraction just plummeted.
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
NemesisRider

I'm just hoping now it's not going to be Derren Brown: Svengali experience or something... Hopefully they've done an original theme that he helped make.
nickhutson

I am sure they have. Svengali has been and gone. if ANYTHING - it'd be down to his new MIRACLE show - but I also doubt that will happen.

If it's been three years in the making, it may be a combination of Svengali, Miracle and ... whatever-the-other-show-was.

I have a feeling if DB is involved, he won't let it be terrible. He's a master of theatre, showmanship and trickery. Who wouldn't want the world's greatest magician involved in a theme park ride?
Dr_emmett_brown

I am pumped for this ride- I have a feeling that it will be something truly new and mind-blowing.
On the Thorpe Park Facebook page, it is described as a "smart ride"... Suggests high-tech ride system?
Owen

THORPE PARK Official wrote:Meet the maker of THORPE PARK Resort's 2016 attraction, Derren Brown. Prepare for the worlds only psychological attraction, a smart ride that promises to blow your mind... Visit http://www.mindswanted.co.ukto find out more information over the coming months...

Last edited by Owen on Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ryan.B

The word 'experience' says to me it will have ,multiple features, I wonder if it's going to have a thrill element though. It's a pyscho coaster in the dark! Thirteen clone confirmed.
Owen

Scruffy Dog are working on this project.
Scruffy Dog Design, Create & Deliver wrote:Something our Design studio have loved working on, and had to seal their lips about until now! We can't wait to see the finished product!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebri ... -ride.html
Derren Brown wrote:First and foremost it's a theme park attraction, the psychological part of it is a layer to it but its ultimate reason for existing is to thrill.

So, it's a theme park attraction that I've come up with over the last three years, working with the Thorpe Park guys trying to push the boundaries of what's possible.
So according to Brown, it's going to be a thrill ride - so I'm expecting some fast moving elements during this one...

Also, We have all gotten excited - however we really don't know much more than we already did!

We know that Derren is the 'maker' and that's it, now the theme has been completely thrown off - but the way he talks about fear makes me think of phobia again...

I guess the next clue in november will bring to tease the theme!
Dr_emmett_brown wrote: On the Thorpe Park Facebook page, it is described as a "smart ride"... Suggests high-tech ride system?
If the cost rumours are true - I can see an extremely high tech ride system implemented.

Also, it says 13 minutes however this is likely referring the experience as whole including the pre-show ect.
MerlinFan

Getting very excited!!! Loving all the clues and reveals so far...
My-two-lives

I've got the second and third clue, but, i still cannot find the first.
Am i just being stupid? Is this clue really as easy as you guys are making it sound?
I'm new to this website and new to the Minds Wanted thing as i only found it today.
Did anybody else struggle with the first clue?
Georgie

You have to visit the site at a certain time. Watch this video to find out when.
YorkshireLass

I've got the first clue, but I'm struggling with the second. I've found Kenny but that hasn't updated my progress. The third clue says watch the video so I guess that's I See You but what's the second clue please?