Thorpe Park - Derren Brown's Ghost Train

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Dan

The DBGT shop looks amazing! Without doubt the most well themed Merlin shop I've ever seen.

I'm liking the range of merch they have on offer too, especially that levitating train carriage! :love:

Looking forward to getting down to Thorpe and picking something up.
Justin

I've been thinking what the shop reminds me of and now I know. It looks very similar to a Superdry store!
Owen

The levitating trains are reportedly £50 each. Not too bad!
Dan

Owen wrote:The levitating trains are reportedly £50 each. Not too bad!
That's actually quite reasonable!

When you take into account MAP discount, £40 for such a unique piece of merchandise is an absolute steal.
Justin

I'm happy to pay that, as long as the quality is there.
Adz
Admin
Admin

I do not believe the experience will have a traditional ORP and will instead offer something similar to Galactica.
Owen

According to Theme Park Guide, you will not have one photo - but two photos taken through the experience. If I were to guess it would be one before the experience and one of the entire train in the experience?

Although I have no real idea what these could be?! :lol

You can also buy the Immerse VR headset available within the Galactica Store within the Ghost Train Shop. However not the HTC Vive, which is understandable because it's not been released yet, and I don't think many have £700 handy! ;)
Hari

I was on site today and at around 5pm they were testing the music outside the ride. It sounded pretty cool ngl but it was torture not being able to go inside... ](*,)
Owen

Hari wrote:I was on site today and at around 5pm they were testing the music outside the ride. It sounded pretty cool ngl but it was torture not being able to go inside... ](*,)
Did you manage to get an audio clip? :O
Chukensky

Visited Thorpe today and after waiting for a few friends to come off Colossus, I spoke to the guy running the on ride photos. He told me that the attraction itself needs 9 staff members just to cover the on-ride photos. He also said that there were two different photo types, one named "head in a jar" and the other I can't quite remember, but it was a photo in a prism that can be viewed in 3d. I'm not sure as it was quite vague, but either way some pretty useful info.

Also, the music they had testing was pretty good. Overall, I was really impressed with what they've done.

Oh, i also updated my annual pass and got this cool DBGT pop badge thingy fyi :)
Owen

We can assume the the head in a jar will be done the same way as Galactica, however I'm unsure about the second one. I hope these pictures aren't super expensive, also was there audio inside the shop?
jonny9403

Owen wrote:We can assume the the head in a jar will be done the same way as Galactica, however I'm unsure about the second one. I hope these pictures aren't super expensive, also was there audio inside the shop?
I don't remember there being any but i wasn't paying full attention to audio
Chukensky

Owen wrote:We can assume the the head in a jar will be done the same way as Galactica, however I'm unsure about the second one. I hope these pictures aren't super expensive, also was there audio inside the shop?
I'm not too sure, I never really took note. I heard some noise coming from the building, so i got closer (thinking it was testing or something), but it turned out to be the music. It was pretty quiet though, nothing like the volume you'd expect from Inferno or Colossus :)
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Thrill Nation have posted a short clip of the ride's audio testing. Sounds both imposing and impending - I look forward to hearing more.
Owen

Here's a slightly longer clip from Theme Park Incorporated!
Altontowersbarlow

This attraction seems to be reflecting a themed experience which is something we've wanted to see at Thorpe Park for a long time. From viewing pictures, the shop, queue and the attraction itself appear to form a nice unit of theming and I look forward to actually trying out the ride myself.
Owen

Here's a video of the shop from Theme Park Incorporated. It seems the shop doesn't have separate audio at this point in time.

There is also a second limited edition item. "Three Player Chess". You must also speak to a member of staff about this.
Horras64

How much have Thorpe park invested into Derren Browns Ghost Train?

Sent from my XT1021 using Tapatalk
Owen

Horras64 wrote:How much have Thorpe park invested into Derren Browns Ghost Train?

Rumoured between 30 and 40 million pounds. Closer to the 40 mark.
Horras64

My dad thinks that it can't cost more than 15 million, well he's far off lol. I think that a lot of money must go to Derren Brown so that they can just his name etc.