Thorpe Park - Derren Brown's Ghost Train

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Dom

If you looked at social media after the announcement was made, they gave people an email address they could contact if they had booked tickets etc for that particular day. As and what they offered i'm not sure.

Also, please take the time to read over previous pages as some of the questions you have been asking have already been asked before and the answers will be somewhere in this topic. You just have to look :)
Owen

Short update from Theme Park Incorporated.

There are two ride information boards outside the entrance, with one featuring the queue time board.

More testing of the ORP screens and the addition of the glass jars your head is supposedly going to be projected into.

The broken (and very smokey) train from a few other angles!

The audio has been testing today, and I must say it's very atmospheric!

Listen Here!
Last edited by Owen on Sun May 01, 2016 12:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
salamanderman

The jars look like urns I think
Spooky
Ttsp's resident psychopath and coaster enthusiast
Owen

This is the other board, credit to Thrill Nation.

swooddow

The audio sounds amazing ! , the whole ride is really coming together now ! , I wonder if they will have the same type of ride photo system like Galactica , where you stick your head through a hole , to get just your face. And that is what will fit in the jar. And maybe as some cool merch, you could buy your own preserved head in a jar !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Owen

There's rumoured to be two photos involved, so I have no clue! :lol

I would think one would be done like Galactica, what I'm more focused on is how this attraction will have 60 people exiting, with only that amount of screens....
Morgan

I could imagine, assuming it's a green screen, that more than one person would be in the picture :P
Owen

This is a good idea, however it still seems very odd that there isn't even a quarter amount of screens as guests. Very intriguing :-k
Morgan

Disabled entrance might not have the green screen option, like Galactica?
lewis97
Admin
Admin

We know that the attraction lasts between 10-15 minutes, presumably depending on which of the 12 journeys you take and which of the 2 endings you experience, so I wouldn't be surprised if the 60 guests that enter the train carriage at the beginning will be partly split up accordingly and therefore exit at different intervals.
Owen

Even if this were the case Lewis, the screens wouldn't be able to cater for half of the group :-k It's all very intriguing, I suppose we will have to wait and see!

Theme Park Incorperated have posted that a second gas mask poster has been added to the building exterior -

jonny9403

Martin.C wrote:As for the 12 different experiences offered, this might seem obvious to many already, but it's only just occurred to me.

The ride carriage has 60 seats, right? On each side there are 30 seats facing inwards just like the underground. Now, if you look at the logo for the ride, it is essentially 5 people holding shoulders together.

So with this in mind, there must be 6 rows of 5 seats on both sides of the carriage, all of which together make up the 60 seats. So, for every 5 seats down the carriage on either side, those 5 people will experience the same VR content, but the other 11 remaining groups of 5 experience something different, hence the 12 different experiences offered.

If this is true, I would imagine they organise you into groups of 5 beforehand and when you board the train, you sit into the designated seats they told you to sit in earlier.

That is what significance the logo must have on the ride experience I reckon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is either coincidental but there is 5 seats on one of the early teaser trailers Image
COASTERGENICS

i went to Thorpe yesterday (30th April) and saw a lot of activity around the studio north trailer. also one of the fire exits was open and it looked like a walkway type structure or some form of permanent scaffold structure. also when i was in the ghost train shop the member of staff said that they were aiming for a late may opening and they were waiting on a few more "items". i dont know whether they are ride components or just themeing.
full credit for signature to NemesisRider!
swooddow

Well that settles it then , late May looks and sounds about right !

Owen

Once again, the staff won't know too much in terms of when this attraction is opening, so anything said should be taken with a pinch of salt. :)

On another note, as it's more or less confirmed that the suspended Victorian train is going to be a shell that the ride vehicle will enter/exit, we must not only be seeing this. I say this because the ride vehicle has also been themed on its exterior, and so we must be seeing that at one point in the ride - otherwise why bother theming it instead if just leaving it blank and saving some money? :-k
thorpeparklocal

So here is my theory.

Step one. preshow one host involved.
you go to 12 different rows if 5 where there is screens above you to play the show. Abit like Nemesis Subterra.

Step 2. Boarding.

this will have two hosts to help with VR you will physically see the train enter the platform like the underground style but more dingy with flicking low lights and dark areas. 12 rows will remain the same when boarding

Step 3. Train Experience
"hobo guy" plays a big part maybe a guide to the journey MORE IDEAS ON THE TRAIN EXPERIENCE WOULD LOVE TO KNOW??????

Step 4. Train will arrive maybe a version of the underworld but London underground style platform where you'll be rushed out of the train to go through this experience. Ideas of the wakthrough would be interesting too??????
swooddow

Yer that's true Owen , I think it could be where we are queuing or possibly we will walk up to it ?

Horras64

Do you mean the trains outside the building that have recently gone in? If so, maybe we'll encounter it as a part of a walk through or something. As we did see a tunnel in the Scare Prank video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
swooddow

Surly those trains , will be the fake tube carriages we sit in no ?

Owen

At this point it will be speculation, however it seems likely to be the ride vehicles based on how they have been stored, placed into the attraction and the capacity of each ride vehicle. :)