Thorpe Park - Derren Brown's Ghost Train

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Owen

Nice to see Derren having a laugh about the delays!

timmy1372

In the queue now, completely by accident on opening day! What's the chances.
SkuM001

Spoiler
I also had a problem with this "green gas" part... it can go on for minutes and barely anything happens! People were confused and taking their masks off.

If it's a filler, then the filler needs to be more entertaining than a screen of green gas with nothing to look at. Or maybe just don't bother with the filler, and the ride finishes when it finishes. If we have to wait a minute or two to offload at the end so be it.... better than starting at a green gas screen with everyone confused!
timmy1372

SkuM001 wrote:
Spoiler
I also had a problem with this "green gas" part... it can go on for minutes and barely anything happens! People were confused and taking their masks off.

If it's a filler, then the filler needs to be more entertaining than a screen of green gas with nothing to look at. Or maybe just don't bother with the filler, and the ride finishes when it finishes. If we have to wait a minute or two to offload at the end so be it.... better than starting at a green gas screen with everyone confused!
Exactly!
Adam.W

Sorry to be quite ignorant (as I haven't really kept too up to date), but after experiencing the attraction, can anyone comment on the relevance of 'Minds wanted'?

(remember to use a spoiler tag ;))
Owen

Derren has stated that was just a marketing campaign the resort developed seeing as the attraction will mess with your mind, other than that it has little to no significance to the attraction. :)
jonny9403

I'm actually still in denial that it is open. And that I'm riding it Sunday
Horras64

jonny9403 wrote:I'm actually still in denial that it is open. And that I'm riding it Sunday
You'll suffer with me if its not open on Sunday since I'm going then. It is open because of Thorpe's tweets and pictures, as well as Derren Brown's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Owen

The resort have stated that guest feedback has shown that 70% of guests found the experience made their day more terrifying!
dazza4783

DanSUFC wrote:Great news that it's finally opened, hoping to visit at some point this year! Just a small side note, anyone notice that in the re-uploaded advert this morning they've tweaked the advert slightly again... and now instead of "Derail your mind on a Ghost Train like no other", it now been very obviously edited to say "A Ghost Train like no other".... why have they removed the "Derail Your Mind" slogan, or have I missed something glaringly obvious?
The only thing I can think of is they might think having "Derail your mind" in the advert may bring to mind the accident at M&Ds in scotland where the coaster derailed. That might put people off going to theme parks altogether, so probably not the best thing to have in a theme park advert at the minute.
NeoXIII

Sooo...I accidentally Ghosttrain. Had a meeting down in London which got cancelled last minute, so I snuck in a quick trip to TP.
Without spoiling anything, I can honestly say the wait was worth the wait. The buildup, VR tech and actors where quite convincing!
I do have a fear of empty tube trains now though...
Definitely recommend giving it a go, unless you get scared too easy (like myself). :D
Morgan

Is disabled queue in use yet?
Mermalizer

Very excited to be going on this tomorrow!
Prepare to be mermalized!
Luce

SkuM001 wrote:
Spoiler

I understand that it's like that while it's been in technical rehearsals as I had that when I went on it on Sunday.

But glad to see that it's finally "officially" open as it's such a fantastic experience :)
Jack

Yes, Morgan :)
timmy1372

Luce wrote:
SkuM001 wrote:
Spoiler

I understand that it's like that while it's been in technical rehearsals as I had that when I went on it on Sunday.

But glad to see that it's finally "officially" open as it's such a fantastic experience :)
It's still like it! Even though it's fully open.
Owen

Spoiler
Due to how the system works this time may or may not be increased. It seems to be unavoidable at the moment unfortunately
timmy1372

Spoiler
Is there actually 2 trains? Or do you get back in the same one?
JoeGibbon

timmy1372 wrote:
Spoiler
Is there actually 2 trains? Or do you get back in the same one?
Spoiler
as far I'm aware, you get back in the same one, but there is a second train that another group is using
lewis97
Admin
Admin

It would seem the annual pass event for DBGT will now be held on Friday 5th August.

[align=center]Image[/align]