Thorpe Park - Derren Brown's Ghost Train

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
SwEDEN

DeanGaryCox wrote:Well apparently there's another Saw movie being made
Oh no... Please god no.... ](*,)
lf2001

SwEDEN wrote:
DeanGaryCox wrote:Well apparently there's another Saw movie being made
Oh no... Please god no.... ](*,)
It's very unlikely that there will be another Saw themed coaster. There is no point really when they've already got one!
Chris
Admin
Admin

The quoted message was in reference to another movie, not coaster. They'd be silly not to renew the contract if another movie was to come out as it would only legthen its appeal.
stealthsmiler

Yeah I think they meant Saw will get its sponsorship renewed , not another Saw coaster.
RollercoasterGEEK100

Okay, this is what I saw so don't take me literally, someone on Thorpe Park mania hub, when they were at the Nemesis Inferno backstage thingy they heard that the next coaster was going to be a B&M and its going to be behind The Swarm as they heard from someone there. Don't know how true this is... Going from what I saw
sw7nutter

RollercoasterGEEK100 wrote:Okay, this is what I saw so don't take me literally, someone on Thorpe Park mania hub, when they were at the Nemesis Inferno backstage thingy they heard that the next coaster was going to be a B&M and its going to be behind The Swarm as they heard from someone there. Don't know how true this is... Going from what I saw
I think that may be more rumour than absolute fact, although it does seem highly likely that it will be a B&M behind swarm. Although with the change in marketing the coaster may not come into existence for a few years.
Coaster freak

In went Thorpe park with my mates the other day and we rode swarm and saw ground work being done to the island behind the ride and next to stealth, if that's any help to any of you?
awsomelycoolboy

In went Thorpe park with my mates the other day and we rode swarm and saw ground work being done to the island behind the ride and next to stealth, if that's any help to any of you?
They are or ably getting ready for the new and more permanent hotel that's been talked about. Rather than the crash pad.
Danny

I thought the island behind The Swarm is where the new coaster is speculated to go? The hotel was going to be at the front I thought
awsomelycoolboy

I thought the island behind The Swarm is where the new coaster is speculated to go? The hotel was going to be at the front I thought
I honestly have no idea. All I know is that there is a new hotel, costing around 14mil (or so I have been told) and that there probably won't be a new coaster any time soon. I have also heard that construction is meant to start this year and finish by the end of 2015/early 2016 (so I have been told again) so I won't be expecting a new ride anytime Soon, maybe the odd flat ride here and there but other than that im I pretty sure there main attention is the hotel. Because people who travel long journeys would probably like to stay for a day or two before they head back.
Danny

Where's your source if this information?
Alex

You seem to have a lot of sources :lol you might want to check the validity of them though ;) TP should be getting a new coaster in 2016 hence why the island near swarm is being prepared.
awsomelycoolboy

Yeah, that's why I'm not sure D: I seem to hear a lot of information and not take down where I got it from. Most of the information is probably a resolution rather than park plan.
Alex

In future it might be better to back up what you say with sources or no one will believe you as there is lots of hearsay in the roller coaster community.
Dom

We can speculate all we want. Guaranteed Merlin will choose something that people don't expect
Jared

2017 at the earliest I'd say for a new coaster
Jack

All I think any of us can say with certainty is, that the ride WILL involve shipping containers ;)
bensaund

My opinion is it will be big, impressive, and maybe unique.

But Merlin will have to build something good at both Thorpe and Alton for me to get another MAP. I have 3 weeks to go and I am really looking forward to the pass expiring!
Danny

If Merlin are following their normal development schedule then Thorpe's new ride is due in 2015. I'm not sure if it has been confirmed, but these rumours that they have put it back could be staff playing with enthusiasts mind so it comes as more of a shock during the release.
Who knows :)
Alex

Well if its 2015 they better get building the ride pretty quickly, also no planning applications have gone in ;) 2016 is the earliest we will see a new coaster.