Thorpe Park - Derren Brown's Ghost Train

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
CoasterCrazyChris

Water coaster.
BigAl

SpinballEdders wrote:
Are you seriously suggesting that Thorpe should get a STAND UP?! :shock:
Hey! There's nothing wrong with a launched floorless wooden stand up looper! :P
DiogoJ42

You left out "inverted" ;)
RollercoasterGEEK100

Hmmmm. What about a B&M Dive machine?

Credit to NemesisRider
Adz
Admin
Admin

Hmmmm What about you stop proposing every coaster type going?

For the record:

Flyer: Not gonna happen. The Swarm has fulfilled any need for that kind of sensation
Dive Machine: Also out. Saw has the vertical drop covered.
Floorless: Not marketable to be different to Colossus.
Standup: They're crap.
SpinballEdders

RollercoasterGEEK100 wrote: Hmmmm. What about a B&M Dive machine?
Please, PLEASE stop suggesting Bolliger and Mallibard coasters, it's really annoying. Listen, the 2015 coaster MIGHT be a B&M MEGA, but if it isn't, it probably won't be a B&M, so please just shut up.

:roll:
Last edited by SpinballEdders on Sun May 13, 2012 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JoshC.

I'd love to see a ZacSpin at the park!  Think it would work beautifully for the park, though not as say a major coaster for 2015.  More a medium investment (though, of course, a large scale one :P ); say adding one next year, and not adding anything new for 2014 for example. 

Glad to hear that it's even been vaguely considered; just hope that it ends up coming to fruition.
Who is Lez Cougan?
I am Lez Cougan.
We are Lez Cougan.
Charlee

Thorpe need a another coaster without inversions, a B&M/Intamin/GCI Hyper/Mega/Woodie would be perfect for them.
I used to think I knew a lot about coasters, but then I joined this forum.
RollercoasterGEEK100

I agree! ;)

Credit to NemesisRider
RollercoasterGEEK100

Ok. Its gone dead now. We need to think of a good theme for thorpe park to have now, any ideas? I was thinking of one with the theme of a mountain like shambhala called yetti: No return and like the area is a mountain village and your stuck there forever and you cannot return if you meet the yetti. ;)

Credit to NemesisRider
Dingerbell

I think it's called Expedition Everest ;)

http://www.rcdb.com/2389.htm?p=29079
James6

To be honest, for 2015, anything with airtime I'd be pretty pleased with. :)
If you go down to the Towers today, you\'d better ride Th13teen. :P
BigAl

The one thing that Thorpe doesn't need more of is inversions.

Inversion count:

Colossus= 10
Nemesis Inferno= 4
Saw= 3
Swarm = 4 (or 5 if you count the incline loop like RCDB)

Total coaster inversions = 21 or 22

Now let's compare this to Alton Towers:

Nemesis= 4
Air= 2

Current total = 6

+SW7 next year = at least another 8
2013 total inversions= 14 (unless there's another in the SW7 building?)

The idea of another looper is pretty boring. Thorpe needs to offer a wide range of thrills, not just the same sensations in a different package. Air time should be a must for 2015.
Last edited by BigAl on Sun May 13, 2012 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
JoeGibbon

But Thorpe's target audience don't like anything without inversions, except Stealth because that's da well sikk fast one innit bruv. So unless they can come up with something unique without inversion then they won't be interested. That's why I think a woodie wouldn't work (as much as I want one).
James6

How do you know they don't like anything without inversions when there aren't any without inversions? (Other than Stealth which you already explained)

I've never heard anyone come off Oblivion and say it was crap because it didn't have any inversions. (Only heard people saying how short it is :P )

As long as the ride had other aspects, for example, airtime, they would lap it up. I really don't think inversions are the be-all end-all to "Thorpe's audience" as people make out to be. If that was the case, care to explain why Rush is one of the most popular rides on park?
If you go down to the Towers today, you\'d better ride Th13teen. :P
BigAl

The new coaster will obviously be tall so there's one plus point already. If it's a mega coaster then it'll get a good amount of thrilling airtime over lots of hills, another point. It will also most likely be quite intense too which is another point in the bag. The fact that it'll be the second tallest coaster means it'll get a fair amount of speed (between 60 and 70mph probably) on some of the larger drops.

A coaster with all of that AND some great theming and appropriate marketing won't need inversions to sell itseld to the public/Thorpe's target audience.
Bear

I'd personally love to see them build one of the RMC Iron Horse coasters, you know who re-tracked Texas Giant? They can build woodies that can do inversions and over-banked turns and all sorts. The ride itself is probably insane and definitely would have a place at Thorpe with their thrill-seeking clientele.
Last edited by Bear on Sun May 13, 2012 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AdrenalineAlex

I can't imagine them getting a Intamin Blitz because they've already got a launched coaster with Stealth - I'd still love to see a cross valley ground hugging woodie like Boulder Dash (I think) and build man-made hills for it but I know that would be very costly. I'd love to see a Mack coaster installed - maybe a spinning coaster? Or maybe a Th13teen 2.0 ;)
DiogoJ42

Errr.... what valley would this be at Thorpe?
BigAl

I think he's implying that Merlin should nuke Thorpe Park and then build a wooden coaster in the crater?