Thorpe Park - Derren Brown's Ghost Train

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Owen

My thinking is that I don't see why they'd set a tent up today at the end of the day if it wasn't going to be used until tomorrow or any other day as it could be done in the morning.

As said, it's a waiting game now so I guess we will all just have to play! ;)
lewis97
Admin
Admin

I'd say it is more likely for evening staff previews and/or the previously mentioned soft openings for hotel guests. A media event won't be scheduled until they've had an opportunity to operate the ride with a significant number of guests so that they can be sure they've minimised the possibility of any technical issues.
Owen

See this is what I thought, but then we can't be sure just how many staff previews have taken place, and with how many staff members at a time - it's a tricky one with how secretive they're being with it!

In my opinion it'll be a media area for interviews and what not, or a place to check hotel guests room keys. I don't see it being for staff as there have already been evening previews without the tent...

I suppose we will know soon enough when either public or media reviews appear online! :)
jonny9403

I'll be on tomorrow so i keep updated
Owen

The tent is now gone, meaning it was likely for some sort of after hours event yesterday evening alone.
Justin

This is so frustrating. I really hope it opens before next weekend!
Kurtis12

On site today! Actors are being briefed in make-up and costume ! Tent has been moved back behind the fences, over members of staff are being spoken to looks like there getting ready for something! I hope it's a soft opening today or tomorrow or Monday !
Owen

Credit to James Allgood.

Lots of staff about. Also that tent is in there. I don't reckon it'll open today though...
Justin

Hopefully we will see some kind of opening within the next few days. It could be that they will open on the Monday should they need to cope with the operations of the ride for a few days before a busier weekend.
Danny

It's all getting very exciting now, although several times over the last month it's looked as if opening is imminent and it didn't, got a good feeling this will be the one! I'll be waiting anxiously with my car keys over this weekend in hope that we will finally be able to experience it :)
Justin

In response to Ghost Train...
THORPE PARK OFFICIAL wrote:We are testing the Ghost Train 24 hours a day to get it open as soon as possible! We will post updates on our social media as soon as we have a confirmed opening date :)
Kurtis12

just spoke to one of the staff in costume they said it wasn't openin today but I will be open soon, they have extra fences near the tent
Owen

Again they are just cycling the same three responses now, it's really just going to be a waiting game I think. :)
Morgan

One of my friends is at Thorpe today- people are in the queue! It's soft opened!
lewis97
Admin
Admin

To clarify, it is not a full soft opening. Guests can only experience the attraction with an invite at present, which may also include those staying at the Shark Hotel.
Morgan

Also to note that guests are signing NDA's, so don't expect any spoilers :P
Justin

Here it all begins!
Dom

Justin wrote:Here it all begins!
Hopefully it will be open for next Saturday :)
dannypugh88

I'm in the line now we have had to sign to say we won't discuss anything at all about it
Kurtis12

Just come off ghost train guys don't get your hopes up its was okay but not great not gonna say what happens dont except to be surprised