Thorpe Park - Derren Brown's Ghost Train

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Charlee

Its early, but why not?
Last edited by Chris on Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:58 pm, edited 7 times in total.
I used to think I knew a lot about coasters, but then I joined this forum.
JaykeAT

Lol I was wondering how long it would be until something like this came up
Jared

There's nothing to discuss yet, we know nothing.
JaykeAT

there is stuff to discuss,we can speculate about what we want,we have a sw8 topic so why not one for thorpe park
dominoes

Well there are the plans to discuss...
It's the one on the left

Dingerbell

Where are these plans from?

Anyway, this coaster doesn't look like it will be very big at all- nor does it look very interesting to be honest. It looks like it will be a kiddie coaster- look at the lift hill compared to Swarm. These plans look very rough anyway- I could be wrong- as the Swarm layout looks very rough- these plans were probably from a while back (or maybe they were planned for this year, but not implemented). If these plans are correct, it looks as if the Swarm will get its own area.
Cariba

I think I may be correct in saying that this ride could potentially be taller than Swarm, after they swapped the maximum allowed heights over. But I agree with Jared, this topic is way too early.
Jiminy Cricket

im praying for a woody or a hyper coster or even a thrill flying coster like Manta!
AdrenalineAlex

I know the GP doesn't want wood and clearly Merlin think it won't work atm but...

PLEASE BE WOOD OR A CROSSVALLEY WOODEN COASTER :'(
Cariba

AdrenalineAlex wrote: I know the GP doesn't want wood and clearly Merlin think it won't work atm but...

PLEASE BE WOOD OR A CROSSVALLEY WOODEN COASTER :'(
What valley will that be then? ;)
ponder

Jiminy Cricket wrote: im praying for a woody or a hyper coster or even a thrill flying coster like Manta!
I've always thought that'd work really well at Thorpe. Swooping above the water...

Loop - Roller coaster and Theme Park inspired T-shirts
http://looptees.com / https://www.facebook.com/looptps
JaykeAT

What about a lay down coaster that does a twist at the start so its upside down at the way and does a loop really close to the water
Charlee

it is probably too early, but there's already a discussion on SW8 so why not :P
I used to think I knew a lot about coasters, but then I joined this forum.
jb19852

i think that plan shown is just an illustration as to the size of the ride proposed.  I am going to say it wont be a flyer, i dont see the point when you have the swarm next to it (although to me wing riders and inverts look to offer similar experiences)

I do believe it will be B&M, get the feeling Thorpe may have tied themselves in to a 2 coaster deal. No bais on that it just makes good business sense to order in bulk. Something merlin appear to have done with gert as well for saw and SW8

Could it be an extended dive coaster, or a small hyper? My money is on a hyper anyway
WillXav

I personally think the 2015 coaster will be a Flyer or a Hyper.
JoshC.

That picture shows absolutely nothing.

It is taken from Thorpe's MTDP, which is used to give the local council a rough indication of where rides and coasters will go.  Notice how the 2012 coaster's layout looks very unlike Swarm's layout. 

From what I'm aware, all we know about the 2015 coaster is:

-Not to exceed 850m in length (as said in the MTDP).
-Only a small amount of supports that can go in the water (under 10 I think, again from the MTDP).
-Will most probably go on the island next to Swarm (Island A), but could possibly go on Island E (the one next to the bridge, which currently has a big advertising board saying about visiting the park's FB or Twitter pages).
-If it goes on Island A, as said, the most probably one, the ride will most probably extend onto Treasure Island, have bridges with Swarm island and Stealth (spelling the end of Octopus Garden), opens up room for more round rides and 'thematic experiences' (by comparison, the blown up fire engine adjacent to Depth Charge seems to be such an experience that was outlined the MTDP).
-I've heard that because Swarm didn't exceed 40m, despite being in the spot which outlined a coaster of 50m maximum in height, that the 2015 could go above 40m, but not go above 50m.

As you can see, there's not a lot to go on really.  All of what we know comes from the MTDP, and all it tells us is not an awful lot really.  In honesty, I doubt Thorpe have had any serious thoughts about what the coaster will be yet (maybe the odd idea thrown into the pile, but nothing major). 

So, time will tell I guess...
Who is Lez Cougan?
I am Lez Cougan.
We are Lez Cougan.
TB2

Considering the 2008 planned coaster on the 2003 MTDP plans was Air's layout, I don't think we can really get anything out of that. We know they want a coaster for 2015 but anything we say is guess work at best.
1. Expedition Everest 2. Hollywood Tower of Terror 3.Superman De Acero 4. Katun and Nemesis 6. OzIris 7. Blue Fire 8. Black Mamba 9. Manta 10. Oblivion

AdrenalineAlex

I wonder what theme they're going to go for...
Benzin

Maybe a crashed cargo ship and a ruined dockyard...

MORE CONTAINERS!
ATJoseph

Considering if the coaster goes on Island A,ajecent to The Swarm with two flat rides im assuming this may be an extention of The Swarms themed area (I dont know its name) the other coaster might be a force trying to defeat The Swarm if so this could start huge advertising about the fight and battle between the two coasters.... :)