Thorpe Park - Derren Brown's Ghost Train

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Morgan

I shall see if it's still there on Saturday and get some construction pics.
Adz
Admin
Admin

The carousel is actually a fairly complicated ride to remove. It has a large pit below ground and is a permanent installation unlike a lot of the other flat rides in the park.

I should imagine they are waiting on a decision as to the future of the ride before it gets removed as that might dictate the manner in which it is taken out.
CJH

I still think an SFX coaster could be coming to thorpe. With new tricks not seen on the Dubai coaster.
definedancing

GThing64 wrote:Did you screenshot it? Can't find it myself and I'd like a bit of proof beyond a typo-filled text post on a forum.

Took me forever to find again.

Also, that carousel is lovely. Its a shame that they feel so compelled to remove it.
MerlinFan

I know what you mean - I love a ride on the horsies :) - also the last remaining memory of Phantom Fantasia/Witches Haunt ride... as well as the original colour scheme for Flying Fish.
definedancing

I'm sad I never got to go on Witches Haunt; my first visit to Thorpe was a year after the fire. But the carousel and the banana boat ride thing was ace when I went as an 8 year old :). Is that ride going aswell?
Ryan.B

Bana boat is safe I think, they haven't announced it's being removed,but IF it is moved I can imagine it could go in ABL themed as one of the boomerang birds- with the most generic name : Boomerang..
definedancing

I'm not sure Angry Birds Land could get any more generic to be perfectly honest. Glad its assumed safe though.
MerlinFan

Banana Boat is on the newly released TP map, so it's safe. Carousel is no longer on it.
TheBeast

"Newly released"? Can somebody send a picture? I womt be going to TP for the next year so ill need one of you nice people to send one?
Credit to NemesisRider for an amazing signature!
Dom

TheBeast wrote:"Newly released"? Can somebody send a picture? I womt be going to TP for the next year so ill need one of you nice people to send one?
I think there is one in the Thorpe Park general discussion topic. :)
paige

I may be a bit late in posting this but on Saturday Ranger County and the general area on that side of X seemed so bare! I never realised what a difference the arena made as I'd never been in it and often ignored it's presence, but that area felt so empty; I believe there were trees around the arena too? It seemed the Carousel had been cleaned or refubished and was still standing on Saturday, but I understand that the deconstruction is well and truly under way now.

In terms of the arena itself- which you get a very good view of on Ninferno's lift and if you sit on the control booth side of Detonator- it is very flat indeed. They've obviously worked hard over the closed season to clear it out and, in my not-so-knowledgeable-about-construction eyes, it looked like they'd done a good job of it.
TheBeast

Flat land...perhaps they intend to make another SR there too after this ride? it would make some sort of sense I guess...as they haven't really done many SRs (depending what you count Storm Surge as). Ik they have the Im a Celeb maze now but that doesn't really count. Is that any good, btw?

What about the Swarm Island? It does kinda imply nothing will be happening over there until the new development plan...could we see something big in the near future? Probably 2018 earliest though...I think 2019-2020 is more likely though
MerlinFan

What's an SR ride?
TheBeast

A standing ride, as in one that can't move, unlike a rollercoaster. Examples include Detonator, Slammer, Rush, Ripsaw, etc
MerlinFan

Thanks!
Alex

Teasers have appeared at the park, SouthParks have images on their FB page

Morgan

My money's on Hunger Games
Danny

With Thorpe introducing an IP this year (IAC) I'd like to think this dark ride would have an original theme, but I wouldn't put it past thorpe to do someonthing stupid like that. Please, not IP Land :no:
Owen

The other teaser for those who missed it - Image

Although I expected an IP - I suddenly have a very very very bad feeling about this...