Thorpe Park - Derren Brown's Ghost Train

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Rob L

You'd like to think their next coaster won't just be a coaster that inverts, they've got enough of them at Thorpe and there is more to thrill than going upside down. I'd love a hyper of some sorts or a woodie. Logic says that it won't invert but this is Thorpe so who knows!

:)

RollercoasterGEEK100

I will try to improve my grammar people. So i think it would be a B&M hyper then because they need airtime. Its not just the loops that we need, its the airtime. Airtime is thrilling and fun. Also i think if it was a megalite or hyper should it be out & back or a unsual out & back?? THORPE PARK FTW, Followed by ALTON! :P

Credit to NemesisRider
.Will

RollercoasterGEEK100 wrote: So if I went with my mum would she be a chav?
Trick question!

It's more of a joke than anything, everybody's aware that 'chavs' (and other people of a tracksuited nature *cough* Nightfall *cough*) only make up 98% of Thorpe's visitor numbers.
dominoes

I am really getting annoyed about having people complaining about chavs. I find it no worse than Chessington, or where I live (Streatham). But then again, people coming from village or something, then it may be bad. But people go on about it. It's not as if you are going to be stabbed.
Jiminy Cricket

i have seen just as many Chavs at Alton Towers !
Islander

dominoes wrote: I am really getting annoyed about having people complaining about chavs. I find it no worse than Chessington, or where I live (Streatham). But then again, people coming from village or something, then it may be bad. But people go on about it. It's not as if you are going to be stabbed.
Yup, that'd be why security there don't wear stab vests just like the other Merlin parks... oh, hang on...

Seriously, though, the general clientèle of Thorpe is definitely far more skewed towards less desirable individuals. That's not for a moment to say that all guests to Thorpe should be tarred with the same brush, there are plenty, plenty of perfectly lovely visitors. Nor is that to say that the other parks are perfect - Towers on a 'Traveller' day is far worse than Thorpe is 90% of the time. It is, however, patently clear that the atmosphere and type of people at Thorpe in very general terms is not as pleasant as Chessington or Towers.
Wildboy

I will defend Tp in so much as to say that a few can spoil it for the many at TP. At Alton you can come out at the end of the day having not recognised any faces but with thorpe being so enclosed its easy to bump into the same few that cause a nuisance or draw attention to themselves. Sometimes at Thorpe you can feel that you are following each other around the place but this is rarely true of AT due to the size.
Enjoying Rollercoasters as part of a healthy balanced diet since 1983
BigAl

You guys ought to stay on topic or else a mod will give you all a clip around the ear hole! :P

Would anyone here object to the 2015 coaster being a mini Intimidator 305? :D

RyanY

I would not object at all, from what I hear that coaster is the most intense on earth. I hope the 2015 coaster is going to be something like that but more Skyrush size.
Rob L

ryanyoxall wrote: I would not object at all, from what I hear that coaster is the most intense on earth. I hope the 2015 coaster is going to be something like that but more Skyrush size.
It is very intense but fantastic. However one day, once the Intamin roughness sets in, it will be unbearable!

:)

Wildboy

I wouldnt mind a nice long custom bobsled coaster to be honest. It would be a nice change.
Enjoying Rollercoasters as part of a healthy balanced diet since 1983
SpinballEdders

ryanyoxall wrote: I would not object at all, from what I hear that coaster is the most intense on earth.
I'm sure that Morwenna would disagree with you

:P
Dingerbell

I think they should get something like this:

Looks good, fast pace and LOADS of air-time- and the curve straight after the first drop is quite like I305 and Skyrush, but the height of this (110 foot) means it fits in under the height limit.

(although I would still prefer a B&M hyper- something GB lacks)
BigAl

From seeing the videos of the different models of that across the world, it looks like it packs a pretty big punch on some of the smaller hills. It's definitely something I'd like to see in the UK, although I always thought one might look better at Drayton Manor. I'm not sure where they would put one though. :? But Thorpe can go a bit taller than that for 2015, so a bigger version of that would be perfect in my opinion. :)
RollercoasterGEEK100

I could see that megalite in thorpe, i was visualising it.

Credit to NemesisRider
Charlee

That could fit onto the Island next to Stealth, but i don't think Thorpe will want a simple off the shelf model, they'll want something unique, as much as I'd love to see it.
I used to think I knew a lot about coasters, but then I joined this forum.
ImURNemesis

Charlee wrote: That could fit onto the Island next to Stealth, but i don't think Thorpe will want a simple off the shelf model, they'll want something unique, as much as I'd love to see it.
Stealth was smaller version of Kinda Ka. Mind you, Thorpe is under Merlin now so it's fair to say that It will be something more original, but who knows...
BigAl

There's nothing wrong with some off-the-shelf coasters though. Especially the highly-rated Intamin megalite. Good off-the-shelf coasters can save a lot of money and offer experiences that are just as good as most custom coaster layouts. If less money is spent on the coaster then that leaves more money for more theming, better marketing and tasteful PR stunts. :)
Alex.D

off the shelf coasters are alright,but I prefer a different layout on most coasters I ride...
still something like that would be nice,also a woody or B&M hyper.
:yes:
THE SWARM, oblivion,air,colossus.all epic.:D
^Made by Lewis97
RollercoasterGEEK100

I think thorpe will go above there height limit.

Credit to NemesisRider