New Feature: Alton Towers Year by Year

Attraction Source and TowersTimes website news, comments and suggestions.
Squiggles

Evening one and all. It's good news abound... today is a new feature saturday.

By popular demand, welcome to the wonderful world of Year by Year, a look at how the park has developped over the years. If you've ever wondered what was added, updated and removed in 1988, this is the feature for you!  ;)

As you might expect, this is very much a work in progress, as there is an absolute shed-load of information, so if you have a read and see something you think might not be right do feel free to shout up. If I've got something wrong it means I can update the page; and if I've not then I can explain why and we can all revel in a nugget of Alton Towers history. So it's gotta be a win win situation, right?

Enjoy! :dizzy:

Also, currently it goes back as far as 1980, but I will be expanding it backwards at some point into the dark and hazy days of the park's earlier history.
Last edited by Squiggles on Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Edwardo..... move me!
haydn!

I like it. But... I don't know, I keep thinking it would have worked the opposite way around with 2012 at the top, working backwards?

But, I still like it!
Blaze

Absolutely superb.

Give yourselves a pat on the back.

:clap:
CoasterCrazyChris

Excellent job!

How very Facebook Timeline.....talk about jumping on the bandwagon! :P ;)

Really, really great. Completes the site.

:)
AWTSW90

Love this feature, had a good read through and learned a few new things which is always good  :D

Just a slight spelling mistake I spotted. In the updated section in 2010 for Sharkbait Reef it says 'Thiteen tank'

Anyway, this is brilliant, I look forward to any updates!
Mi-Nigle

Just noticed this, I don't tend to go on the Hope Page that often. Very good, much easier to see the park's development through the years :)
Pennywise

What a fantastic new feature! It's such a simple and yet effective tool which will undoubtedly prove to be a useful addition to Towers Times. Thank you, it's always good to see improvement.

:D
daveclarkedaveclarke

Looking good guys, keep up the good work on it. I think it needs some more picture on it though.
Stelios7
Location: Somewhere near Disney Land Stafford. I mean... err... Derbyshire.

Looking superb, I would prefer it to start with 2012 if it is going "through" the years. It would also be easier for more milder enthusiasts to read to see when there favourite rides were first here. A good move putting it on the main page.
Officially, TTF's Only EasyJet founder.