Clothes people wear to walk round Alton Towers all day

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
JoshM

Like others, I wear comfortable jeans, hoodie & jeans. The jeans I wear have quite tight pockets so my wallet & phone are safe.

I really do laugh at how some girls come to Alton Towers in nothing more than rags too keep them warm.  :roll:
Blaze

I've never really thought about it this anally! :P

I don't know, something comfortable and decent. Converse or similar shoes, jeans, and then whatever is appropriate for the conditions.
SpinballEdders

At all theme parks, I tend to wear a shirt (with coat if necessary), shorts or Jeans, Trainers or sandals and A cap if needed
Lucieloo

I honestly do not get the high heels thing??
How can you do it?? lol
First person ever to be proposed to on the Smiler! xxxxxx
And because of that I am now Mrs A....
Rowe

Lucieloo wrote: I honestly do not get the high heels thing??
How can you do it?? lol
Walking around the park is tiring and taxing enough on the feet as it is but in high heels, not even I would dream of doing that! It's preposterous, even if it's for the sake of looking good/fashionable (although the majority of us would disagree upon that view point), and gets pulled to a higher tier of silliness when midriffs, busts and legs are being shown off in tight fitting clothes.

:|
NemmyJunkie

Usually leggings - just because they dry easily when going on the water rides, boots & waterproof coat.

Although when I was queing for Rita one day - I saw a girl with a tight top on, skirt & high heels I was like whaaat!?!
Last edited by NemmyJunkie on Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
barmy_scotty

In the colder days i try to stick to jeans a **** ajumper and superdry windcheater jacket.... For summer and warmer days i tend to wear shorts with plenty of pockets that can be sealed so nothing can fall out when on rides.. And a summer shirt or polo.. Also tend to take a pullstring bag to carry waterproof jacket and other things from my missus (god dam make-up)
J01N U5.... Y0U W1LL 5M173.....

Y0U B370NG T0 TH3 5M1L3R

5M1L3!!!

ALWAY5
Voke

It all depends on the weather really. But my theme-park wear usually consists of a hoodie with a T-shirt under that and the good old pair of jeans, and depending on the weather, a waterproof coat. That will also come in handy on the wet-rides aswell! :)
Poison Tom 96

There is only one ride i find waterproofs don't work.

Ripsaw last ride of the day :D
Benjy Alton Towers Kid

Well, I went last October and I saw Mario, Luigi and co. walking around like numpties in plumber suits. Just normal and casual clothing for me and a coat if its rainy or on a waterride as insisted by killjoy parents :(
Theme Parks are my way of life.

Benjy Alton Towers Kid :)
Keep smiling!!! :)
Elle89

Normally just wear jogging bottoms and a hoody in colder seasons, or in summer wear three quarter cargo type trousers and  summer top. Always wear pumps or comfy shoes, I cannot for the life of me understand some of the girls that go caked in make up, fake tan and wear high heels :/
djtruefitt

I usually just wear jeans and a tshirt or shorts if its hot. And depending on the weather ill wear a coat, hoody or just tshirt. I always wear the same shoes to theme parks now, my really old dirty brown ones, they are very comfy and I dont mind if they get wet or anything. I have worn other shoes in the past but by the end of the day my feet usually really hurt.

I dont try to wear anything too nice, because they will only get covered in dirty Flume water.
Lucieloo

I've seen some cool outfits for hen and stag parties!!
At scarefest I saw someone dressed like a jelly baby lol
First person ever to be proposed to on the Smiler! xxxxxx
And because of that I am now Mrs A....
tori_swift

Gotta wear my Nemesis t-shirt and Oblivion hoodie of course  ;)
Fantasmic

Combats, generally. NEVER Jeans! They don't dry well after the flume & rapids! T-shirt, usually layered over a long sleeve t-shirt and a hoody. Light waterproof packed in bag!
Comfy, functional. Easy.
Benedique

I once saw a group of around 6 girls dressed in maxi dresses in oblivions station, they looked lovely, but they clearly hadn't thought about it. They all ended up having to get off the ride, without riding, as the seatbelt had no way of connecting in to the restraint buckle due to their long dresses being in the way. I assume they would have had a similar dilemma on most other rides at Towers.

I never usually bother 'dressing up' for Theme parks. If I'm going to be getting wet on water rides, standing around in queue's all day then I dress for comfort. Usually I wear my infamous 'green coat' (I don't care about it getting wet and battered) along with jeans, very boring and simple. 
Nightfall

My faithful Tracksuits.

I know you’re all shocked aren’t you :P
[align=center]Image[/align]
Pricey ;)

I think I actually wear something different every time however for some stupid reason in scarefest I wore toms, comfy but definatley NOT CLEVER in the freezing queues.
Kaycee

Benedique wrote: I once saw a group of around 6 girls dressed in maxi dresses in oblivions station, they looked lovely, but they clearly hadn't thought about it. They all ended up having to get off the ride, without riding, as the seatbelt had no way of connecting in to the restraint buckle due to their long dresses being in the way.
Haha! There are ways! Same with Muslim women in their long bhurkas. I used to love having a good rummage around for the seatbelt!

I have never really been someone who's been like 'oh my god, I'm going to a theme park, I must plan my outfit like I'm going to the Arctic and prepare for all eventualities' - I wear what I normally wear, according to the weather conditions. I've worn fairly short dresses in the summer, love my flip flops, a boot with a slight heel. :P As long as I'm comfortable and my feet aren't going to get blistered, I'll just dress normally. And I tend to find all clothes dry! :D I'm sitting on some roller-coasters and doing a bit of walking, not hiking to the top of a mountain.

I have learnt the errors of big earrings though, I made my ear bleed on Nemesis once because of a big earring. I love long necklaces, but invariably get whacked in the face on Oblivion.
ukool

Jeans, t-shirt or vest top, comfy shoes, bag. I go for comfort over fashion at Alton.