Monorail: 2008/9 Train Re-Themes

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Dave

do peopel still make monorails? tahs sounds so stupid i know but i cant think or many other examples.

i think the existsing traisn would be ok with a bit of a revamp. new seats. maybe replace the windows to remove the scratches. paint job, purples and reds with AT logos. maybe a bit of audio again?

as for the stations id start from scratch myself. maybe theme the carpark one like splash landings seeing as its right next to it? and maybe make them a little less sterile? hmm i might do some desohns for them if i get any free time at uni this year just for the hell of it. lol. :roll:
Wes

I honestly think this will happen next year without a dobt!
Last time I went the train I was in was fine, seats looked ok but it realy lacks something! I think they should have Tv screens playing the video they do in the station but It would be talking about what it is when they go over it on the monorail!

I do hope that they do this next year or coming years as it would be a great improvement :D
Anonymous

make it go 60mph
jackwakeman

I think that the monorail needs to be updated because, to be frank, it's getting kind of old now - has anybody else got views on this?. :D
Nemesis: 15

Air: 13

Rita: 4

Corkscrew: 8

Duel: 15

---------------------
No. of at visits: 5
Lauzi

The seats could do with a re-covering but apart from that I don't think there's anything wrong with it. It does it's job and I'd prefer AT to spend the money on a new ride or attraction.
Redcoat Jase

I wouldn't say it's one of the park's major problems and it's only people who use the Hotels/car parks that use the Monorail!
I think it could do with a fresh coat of paint and a bit of a spring clean, but it works fine, and if something's not broken, 'dont fix it!' :)
...is no longer a member of TowersTimesForum
Wes

I wouldn't expect you to know this but there has been another topic in the Futrure section http://www.towerstimesforum.co.uk/viewt ... 9&start=60

There were many roumers of a complete re-theme over the coming years, and that was ment to be a Chocolate/Cadbury re-theme but all I can say is lets wait and see ;)
MJT

I think it could do with a new paint job and i think they should put the logos on each train which would make it look nicer. Plus the windows arent very good and could do with a clean! I also think they should put some sort of music on the insides of the trains.

As for the stations i think they should just update the screens so that they actually have sound then it will be perfect! :D
SilverSky

[quote=""Muggins""]There were many roumers of a complete re-theme over the coming years, and that was ment to be a Chocolate/Cadbury re-theme but all I can say is lets wait and see ;)[/quote]

Well with CATCF coming next year, that's a possibilty.
Nick

That was supposed to happen at the strat of this year if i can remember, teh chocolate theme monorail.
Tom M

They should get the speakers fixed inside the cabins so it plays the Towers Street Theme once again.
Soph

It could do with a splash of paint I suppose, and renewing it a bit, but I dont think they should spend lots of money on it when the money could be put towards something better like a new ride
Redcoat Jase

It would be good if the Trains were themed as different rides and attractions on Resort - eg. The Air Train (Baby Blue and White with the Air Logo on), The Oblivion, Rita, Splash Landings etc etc.

The thing i love the most about Alton Towers is when the doors are about to open on the Monorail 'Mind the Door Please, Mind the Doors' hehehe :D :D
...is no longer a member of TowersTimesForum
Lon

Heard some funny recordings on the monorail today playing on the speakers. Telling people that the wearing of Corduoy was banned in the park for 'your own safety' anyone else here these funny announcements?
Anonymous

Topic merged with existing Monorail topic. Please check for existing topics before creating new ones. :D Thanks.
Lauzi

Whoever said about the different ride themes, thats a really good idea! But maybe instead of each train, it could be each cabin :?:
genesis

I would do the following:

* Theme every train with a different ride - Nemesis could be painted very sinister, Air could be bright and airy (no pun intented), Rita could have race track colours, etc.

* Put all new seats in them to match the theme of the train you are in.

* Flat panel TV's adverising whats coming up in your day on the way in and on the way back adverts for The Alton Towers Hotel and Splash Landings.

* Paint the track different colours, depending what area you are passing over - Aqua for the Oasis, Redish blood colours for FV, Green for Gloomy Wood, brownish for Katanga Canyon, Yellow for the entrance and cark parks another colour.

* Lastly have one special train - Paint one in gold with black leather seats, this would encourage people to use the monorail even more than they do now as you'll never no if you get the Gold train!

What do you think peeps? :wink:
Lon

Some good ideas. You have to remember though all of these would have to be vandal proof as any kind of screens could be scratched and seats ripped etc.
However nice AT make it someone will try and wreck it. Hence why often things like the monorail are quite plain.

How would you make these ideas vandal proof, without costing the earth?
genesis

I hate mindless vandals that ruin things, I REALLY do. Maybe the could put security cameras in the trains and actually monitor them and prosecute vandals when they're caught and ban them from the park for life. Then again the culprits are never caught are they. Winds me up!
Wes

I had a dream last night that I was at a meetup and we looked throught the gate next to duel and we saw the new monorails! :D

But it was a dream and they were all clean and new and sexy . oooh so sexy.

Anyhow, I see no problems with the current ones, but they can be improved and no dobt will be, so lets hope my dreeeeam will some twue.

Mugz
:D