All Day Dining [Withdrawn]

What rides and attractions do you miss? Share your memories of Alton Towers' extensive past here.
Anthony

Play all night

Let's get it poppin'
CoasterCrazyChris

As far as i'm concerned if you've paid for food you should be able to give it to whoever you like.

For example, with a buffet, if just one person in a group pays for the buffet they get given ONE plate and only they can go up and get food. But who they choose to give the food they have collected to at the table is their business.

It is wrong that the restaurant stops you from doing this.
CJH

Ok so a lot of you don't see it as a great value for money.
I agree in short opening hours.

BUT in Summer:

I have breakfast £2.99 ish
Lunch: £8.99 pizza pasta.
Drinks (without a capsual) £2.50 ish (3 per day)
Dinner: Woodcutters or ChickenCo, say £6-£9
Doughnuts: £3.99

So yes would be value for me tbh!
Only a little saving but still.
Chris 21 Manchester
CoasterCrazyChris

I know it says you are only entitled to one main meal, side order and drink per transaction but what happens if you go to one of the outlets which just serves donuts, pasties or the like?

Are you limited to just one portion as well?
garyh

I dont think its that good value for money unless you intend on having 2 full sized meals during the day and many a snack and drink.  Most people will enter the park after they have had  a hearty breakfast (at home), maybe have a coffee then spend as much time as they can on the rides, maybe have lunch in Pizza Pasta then spend the most of their time in the afternoon on the rides, before grabbing a snack or a drink for the way home.

Given the entrance price of Alton this year, and the opening hours, and queues, people will always want to spend as much time as they can on the rides as opposed to sitting in a restaurant.  I applaud AT trying to introduce a deal like this, but £22.50 is waaaaaay over the mark, I would say on average, each adult would spend about £12-£15 a day in AT on food and drink.
Tom G

CoasterCrazyChris wrote: I know it says you are only entitled to one main meal, side order and drink per transaction but what happens if you go to one of the outlets which just serves donuts, pasties or the like?

It's per transaction. That means per time you go to any one outlet. It doesn't mean one main meal per day and that's it.
AstroDan

In summer, Alton isn't exactly open late.

It is only worth it, and even then at a push, for 9.00pm ride closes.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk
CoasterCrazyChris

Tom G wrote:
CoasterCrazyChris wrote: I know it says you are only entitled to one main meal, side order and drink per transaction but what happens if you go to one of the outlets which just serves donuts, pasties or the like?

It's per transaction. That means per time you go to any one outlet. It doesn't mean one main meal per day and that's it.
Yes but say I wanted to order a waffle and a pancake in the same transaction - could I?

I know that would be greedy, but hypothetically...
DanteNero666

I saw this yesterday, to get good value you would have to spend all day eating rather then enjoying the park x). I think the food voucher is a much better deal.
Give me a coaster handshake!
Rowe

From menu board memory, I believe this to be a good value deal for anybody who prefers a fixed price over a big range of food and especially when it comes to main meals.

It would successfully cover a (hypothetically speaking):

Breakfast: Towers Family Restaurant fry-up and cup of tea/coffee
Lunch: Explorers Pizza and Pasta Buffet and refillable drink
Dinner: Woodcutters meal

TFR and Explorers have all their meals under £10 whilst Woodcutters goes that little bit more with up to £15 so the £22.50 would easily encompass it... Of course meal depending with Woodcutters and TFR! Then you have the snacks and drinks which usually zap the £ coins from your wallet/purse fairly easily.

As for the popularity, considering the £42 price to get in and the optional Fastrack, it could make it as a well known no-faff deal for families or people who've travelled a long way (Though this could also apply to the vouchers) or break it because of the inflated costs.
AWTSW90

Who has three meals within 8 hours?... :?
I have never, and will never spend £22.50 on food while at Alton Towers! I know Pizza Pasta is fairly good value but I'm tight so it still pains me to part with that cash. But at least that fills me up for the day and I don't have to worry about eating again. I often buy a bottle of water during the day which tends to last me a while (I'm really not a fan of fizzy pop) So if I don't go with this 'offer' that saves me a good £10  :D I'm sure there is someone out there who eats enough to make a saving with this deal, but it's not for me thanks. :)
Chris wrote: Busch Gardens/Sea World do a similar thing for $30 :)
Busch Gardens and SeaWorld are generally open long enough to justify that. Although that feels a bit steep to me too, don't think I spent anywhere near that on food at either of those parks!
Stelios7
Location: Somewhere near Disney Land Stafford. I mean... err... Derbyshire.

These would work really well for groups and Scarefest, this is a clever move and great for both parties. I think I will use this! But I wouldn't pay £22.50 for food at a theme park if you have 7 hours there, unlike Scarefest where you have longer.
Officially, TTF's Only EasyJet founder.
Nathan

Which then raises the point; why not have a different price structure based on the time of the year?
scubahood

This is nothing new in the theme park world. Universal have been doing it for years for around $22. I don't know who actually spends that much in a day on food or who is greedy enough to need to eat that much in a day so its really not for me. For those debating how it is going to be enforced it is probably priced so stupidly high as they know in reality people are going to abuse it.
NemmyJunkie

..Why are people going on about america theme parks!? ..We are not in america it's the UK and not much happens like this in the Uk so personally this is a good deal - Just saying :D
scubahood

How you can say this is a good deal is beyond me. Do you honestly eat £22 worth of food on a trip to Alton Towers?
thefatone

I imagine they're testing the market. No doubt we'll see reduced prices or special offers if they're taking this idea seriously enough.

They just want to see how things work realistically - we all know things on paper are completely different to what actually happens..
DanteNero666

There are 2 new food thingies, one is what I discussed, the voucher packages, which offer what is described on my post.
This is a dine all day voucher, a totally different offer, therefore deserves its own post.
Give me a coaster handshake!
scubahood

Oh god not hashtags on here as well. I swear people don't know what they do or don't do as people seem to use them more on websites that don't even use them