All Day Dining [Withdrawn]

What rides and attractions do you miss? Share your memories of Alton Towers' extensive past here.
mrbrightside

It all depends on personal choice. I'm not one for eating much on park - my appetite tends to wane until I leave as I am more bothered about ride time. Therefore Flambo's is great. Plus, if you take a relaxed approach and make it last a couple of hours, you can eat a hell of a lot ;)

But I agree with you, food quality on park is fantastic (although Flambo's was brilliant last week) and if the dine all day option fits better then it can be a fantastic idea for families and other groups of people.
ImageImage
crofty2009

i have now used this twice on park.

i can happily report that i have got my monies worth on both occasions.
the freedom to travel from land to land and grab a snack when a ride goes down is a real benefit.

but i do note it will vary depending on peoples tastes and eating habits.
AstroDan

£22.50 .

LOL is the only real answer for a park which is only open for 7-8 hours a day.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk
Kaycee

I think this prices most people out, realistically. I would never get my money's worth. I'd probably pay the child's price at a push.

I think it's a good idea in theory, but the price is just set too high. And you can never police the abuse, short of monitoring what food is going in what gob. But they'd probably still make money on it regardless!
ThomasBoothman

So how exactly does Dine All Day work? I've read what's on the Towers website, but I was wondering if anyone had used the system and could give me a review? I'm just thinking of using on a Scarefest Trip I'm organising with friends this October ... Thanks! :D
jenbax

I'm going to AT on 9th May so the park is only open til 5pm or 5:30pm (i think)
We are travelling from scotland and have booked into splash landings hotel and what with cost of petrol, hotel, tickets etc we are really trying to save money so this idea sounds great for us.  However it would only be great value if we're able to have dinner in the park using the unlimited voucher.
Does anyone know if the restaurants you can use the voucher in stay open after the 5:00/5:30pm or do hey all close when the rides close?
It's just that we would probably have dinner after all the rides etc close and if the restaurants close and we need to get dinner somewhere else then this probably wouldn't save us money.

Thanks Guys

Jen
djtruefitt

I think the majority of resturants close around ride time. They certainly arnt open late in the evening or anything. Apart from the ones in the hotel, which I dont think are included in this offer
Stelios7
Location: Somewhere near Disney Land Stafford. I mean... err... Derbyshire.

djtruefitt wrote: I think the majority of resturants close around ride time. They certainly arnt open late in the evening or anything. Apart from the ones in the hotel, which I dont think are included in this offer
Nope, it's just the theme park as stated on the park's website.

http://www.altontowers.com/site/templat ... 0all%20day
Officially, TTF's Only EasyJet founder.
ThomasBoothman

A quick update...

A few days ago I tried to book the 'All Day Dining' package on the Alton Towers website for a few days during Scarefest, however, the website now marks these days as 'unavailable'. Scarefest isn't mentioned in the excluded dates for the package (only the 2nd, 3rd and 4th November are), but after emailing Alton Towers, I have been told that the package is 'under review for over Scarefest and the website will be updated soon.'

Great.  :roll:
TowserIV

Surely, a steak dinner plus two snacks covers this? Then again you have to need to want a steak I suppose
marita

We have used the all day dining and it has been great kids can grab whatever they want. If they are not with us then they don't have to wait to meet up or risk loosing money.

However I have just gone to book it for next week, last time I paid £22.50 it is now £24.95 tut tut...

Scarefest is  £28.95 i know not much more but over 6 of us thats a lot of money
JoyfulSin

The most I have ever spent on food is a tenner. I very rarely eat on park nowadays. When staying in the hotel, I eat as much as possible for the breakfast, which then keeps me going for the whole day.

However, for a day trip, I'll eat about 1pm (usually nachos or a burger) and that too, leaves me full up for the rest of the day. Drinks wise, I just buy a refillable drinks capsule or bring my own bottles of water.

I can understand if you are planning on eating three courses throughout the day, along with snacks and drinks but for me personally, it just isn't good value.

Less time eating means more time riding!
stu1980

Hello i thought ied post my thoughts on this.

I live 200 miles from the park so when i go being a MAP holder i need to leave around 6.30 - 7am to get there for 9am - 9.30am ish depends on traffic.

I have to say i thought the same as a lot of people here - how on earth can you charge £22.50 for all day food and drink.

Well one day when i got to the park i went to the box office and said to a lady - tell me how you can charge that price not nasty just to question it.

Her reply was easy - all drinks bar beer and any food you want only you cant go to the same outlet within 30mins of being there.

Right so its 9.15am now

So not to sure its a good idea i but one band at £22.50

head of to towers family rest and have a 8 item brekie and hot drink which would of cost £6 - so walking round i,ve still got 16.50 to spend to get my money back so to say.

it was a red hot day when i went so i go 2 icecreams at £3 from Duel - £13.50

At 1pm i had fish and chips and a cola at nem - £7.95- £5.55 left

In the dark forest i had a large cola - £3 - £2.55 left

and before i left i had ribs and chips with a cola at the food court in MB - £9.55 - +£7

that is on a 6pm close.

So i saved £7

I went back to the lady and said thank you i saved £7 on my day.

NOW of course i would never pay full price for the food unless its the buffet at the RMT as i see that as a good price however thts now £9.25pp so tbh next year it will be £10pp probs.

So to spend a little bit bit more to eat what i want when i want is a fine deal if you ask me - YES it sounds alot even now its £24.95pp but its not work out how much you will save as you go round the park and remember its any food or drinks or snacks just not beer.

As i said to the lady last week at the new chicken shop in X Sector can i have a bucket at £14.99 each with my band and the reply was you can have what you like - i said so can i have a bucket she said yes if thats what you like.

I did not get the bucket but that just shows you can have what you want when you want. As many times as you want. like dougnuts 12 is £5 or summit you can take a box of 12 ive started doing it now as i leave in MB get a box of 12 and a large cola sees my trip home.

That costs £8 so ive spent just £8 on my trip home.

I think even at £24.50pp these are good and would deffo get them again - one point i will make is the people who dont get to the park early its not worth having these so get there early you need to to make them work.

Also RE - Scarefest and fireworks - i did ask last week when i was there and had a band and said can i book now as know its busy - she said yes the bands will be on sale but at a higher price as park open till 9pm i asked what the higher price was going to be and the lady sadi there looking at £30 - £35pp which again if im there from 10am aint bad really. When i asked where can i buy them she said watch the website or on the day but get here early.

should all merlin themeparks role this idea out - YES THEY SHOULD.

should a MAP be done for food YES
Has the magic gone for me - yep almost!
stu1980

Hokeystokie

Do them food prices have the MAP 20% discount taken off?
Tom G

There is no 20% off on this.
Kenzie2012

Anybody know about All Day Dining on The Fireworks???
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”
stu1980

Kenzie2012 wrote: Anybody know about All Day Dining on The Fireworks???
All day bands when i asked last week at the box office are ment to be onsale on the day for the fireworks but its not fully confirmed anyone no more.

Also the lady said the prices will be the same as now.
martinp01

According to the website, no all day dining on firework days
stu1980

Just to let everyone know there are no cheap tickets like the other years after 4pm (think it was £15)

So its full price or nothing (dont bother me as im a map)

AND

No all day food bands too

The park has took all offers off as its still in the UK October half term.

People are going mad on facebook on alton towers page as phone lines are saying yes its all ok and then the park are saying no.

also for anyone going http://www.altontowers.com/uploadedFile ... he-day.pdf

All rides close at 5pm and open again 8pm
Last edited by stu1980 on Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.