All Day Dining [Withdrawn]

What rides and attractions do you miss? Share your memories of Alton Towers' extensive past here.
CJH

Eat as much as you want for a great value during your incredible day out at the Alton Towers Theme Park. This great NEW food package allows you to grab something to eat or drink when ever you want at a great price! From just £12.95 per person you can eat as much as you want during your visit at the Alton Towers Theme Park.
Price and Availability

All Day Dining is just £12.95 per child and £22.50 per adult! Act fast, book online now as there is limited availability per day!

Restaurants included with the All Day Dining Package are:

Woodcutter Bar and Grill
Mexican Cantina
Coffee Baaaarr
Nemices Donuts
Explorers Pizza Pasta
Fresh Fish and Chips
Forest Feast
Mutiny Bay Donuts
Courtyard Tavern
Towers Family Restaurant
Refresh @ Ripsaw
Pirates Pancakes
Fried Chicken Company
Spinball Noodles
Waffles and Ices
Corner Coffee and Bar
Pirates Pasties
Wobbleword Cafe
Rehydrator Bar

Great value for money, especially for say Scarefest, and Summer, when the park is open later.
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Treats, Drinks.

I think it is FANTASTIC value, and that is un-heard of with Merlin.
Last edited by CJH on Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris 21 Manchester
Blaze

Looks to be great value, although a bit bizarre it's limited availability and only available in advance.
CJH wrote:I think it is FANTASTIC value, and that is un-heard of with Merlin.
Yeah, those year-round 2-for-1 tickets are really bad value. ;)
Adam

Hmm, good idea I guess. Don't think it's quite worth the money though to be honest. I wouldn't normally have 2 big meals during 1 trip anyway, so buying this, I would end up paying out more money than usual so I fail to see an advantage...
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
CJH

Yes but Blaze not everyone uses 241 tickets.
Yes they are good value. But I mean in park not just entrance.

Instead of the usual route of GRAB AS MUCH MONEY AS POSSIBLE. They seem to be actually trying to prove value for money.

Adam like I said, Summer and Scarefest will prove to be the best times.
Chris 21 Manchester
Badgy

hmmm,

Sounds like a great idea. I just wonder how it would work in practice. Whats to stop just 1 person buying the ticket/pass and then going to mulitple outlets or the same outlet multiple times to feed a hoard.

Like .Adam said, 2 big meals wouldnt be normal for me either, and even Pizza/Pasta twice would come to less than this, and apart from maybe the occaisional drink I would struggle to get good value.

Badgy
WANTED - Schroedingers Cat - Dead or Alive!
CJH

Only one main meal/Side/Drink per transaction.
Not allowed to use same outlet in any 30 minute slot.

But saying that it's like Fastrack Ultimate, Iv seen people swapping the band from person to person etc.
Chris 21 Manchester
Johno

What's to stop just one member of your party purchasing it?
Tom G

This could easily be open to abuse (or acceptable use as I like to call it :lol:). You could easily order a meal for yourself and then a friend. Not at the same time, I have read the small print, but in reality there is nothing to stop you from ordering something, walking away and passing it to a friend, then going to another outlet for yourself.

Unless I'm missing something? Could be an own goal by Merlin really - and I'm not displeased about that.
Adam

I assume they will use wristbands and restrictions on the number of times you can go to outlets within certain time frame. Or something.
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
Tom G

There seems to be nothing in place to prevent the scenario I describe. You can't return to the SAME outlet within 30 minutes, that's all.
CoasterCrazyChris

The terms and conditions were quite explicit about a wristband holder not buying food for other people.
Nathan

Anyone who spends £22.50 on food at a theme park in one (average) day must be living in Cloud Cuckoo Land.
Dormiens-Dave

Its a fairly similar price to Flambo's and that's just for one meal so its not exactly astronomical.
Tom G

CoasterCrazyChris wrote: The terms and conditions were quite explicit about a wristband holder not buying food for other people.
I'm aware of what policy is, but I'm interested in how that will be enforced.

You are not supposed to smoke outside of designated areas, but it is extremely easy to do so and the staff say nothing to people they see smoking.
Last edited by Tom G on Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ritadz

Fantastic Value?

Pizza Pasta = £8ish

I can't see anyone spending more than £5-8 on snacks and drinks. In all honesty, I think it's a rip off.
thefatone

Tom G wrote:
CoasterCrazyChris wrote: The terms and conditions were quite explicit about a wristband holder not buying food for other people.

You are not supposed to smoke outside of designated areas, but it is extremely easy to do so and the staff say nothing to people they see smoking.
It's very different smoking to these policies. I'd relate it to fastrack, where i've seen guests being refused due to not having a wristband, or having a loose wristband, with the wristbands being taken away from them.
Nathan

Dormiens-Dave wrote: Its a fairly similar price to Flambo's and that's just for one meal so its not exactly astronomical.
Fair point, but Flambo's isn't included, nor really a fair comparison to what's on offer in the park IMO. To me, on a average day (opening hours), most people are likely to have a main meal for lunch and then perhaps a snack in the late afternoon, or before they leave for the journey home.

I suppose if you usually buy a refillable drinks capsule then it doesn't seem so bad (not sure how much they are these days?), but then families usually share one to go around.

When you consider admission and parking, are families likely to spend over £20 per head per adult, and an extra £12 per head for the kids?

Guests complain about the price of a standard meal as it is.
AstroDan

£22.50? LOL!

:P
Tom G

thefatone wrote:
Tom G wrote:

It's very different smoking to these policies. I'd relate it to fastrack, where i've seen guests being refused due to not having a wristband, or having a loose wristband, with the wristbands being taken away from them.
Re or actually read the scenario I suggested earlier in the thread. There is NOTHING to prevent that sort of use.

I cans see them being able to pick up on it electronically. They'll notice that people are buying main meals in quick succession, realise they're being fleeced by a flawed system and withdraw the offer.

I also have to take a swipe at the fact that there are very few healthy food options available.
Chris W

Busch Gardens/Sea World do a similar thing for $30 :)