All Day Dining [Withdrawn]

What rides and attractions do you miss? Share your memories of Alton Towers' extensive past here.
stu1980

Confirmed now just rang up on 0871 222 3330 and they forgot it was half term so they dont need to do it.
Has the magic gone for me - yep almost!
suzywoo

Thanks for that. Does anyone know how much the priority parking is (may be worth it with a car-full)? Also how quickly it's likely to get full up, we live within the county but not able to get up there until the afternoon. TIA.
sebshep18

16 for express, 6 for normal parking
suzywoo

Thanks, I know that's the normal price, just surprised they wouldn't take full advantage of the event to charge (even) more for premium parking?
CrewePj45

Checking the ride times on the link http://www.altontowers.com/uploadedFile ... he-day.pdf

Not all rides close at 17:00. It's basically only those which are effected by the Fireworks.
Some rides close 15:30 or dusk.
But beware the * which indicates the Q's could be closed earlier.

Other rides open until 21:00.

Glad they are advertising the 2nd exit down by Air, that was really useful last.

Looking forward to tomorrow.
CrewePj45

Regarding the express parking I would expect that to fill up early.
daboywunda

We were actively offered this on park today by many staff.. We didn't take it (although in hind-sight wish we had)... So presumably they ARE available..
GrapeWizard

^ I Don't know... a powerade is £1.80 at Towers and everywhere else, in morrisons i know they're less than a £1 it's  a ridiculous rip off for EVERYTHING at Towers so this might not be so bad.

Just take a bag, buy this 'Dine All Day' and rob them of all the drinks and sweets you can fit in.
Thom

You can't get bottled drinks or bagged sweets I believe HOWEVER, you can get pre-packed sandwiches from Corner Coffee and Wobble World Cafe, perfect to eat on the way home...
GrapeWizard

Another rip-off from Merlin then!
bensaund

£1.80, thats not a rip off, many places in London charge more, if you really want value for money, get an annual pass quencher or day one. Much better value for money, or bring in your own food.

I have found with the MAP discount on top, the food is very good value for money.

Which other theme park would offer supermarket prices on food and drink, the answer is nobody. Merlin need to make a profit and everything costs money. For me if money is tight I bring in a packed lunch. I don't feel like it is daylight robbery when I go into any Merlin park, the only thing which I feel I should be addressed is the cost of parking and ticket prices. But as I have an MAP, neither of these are an issue to me.
If you go down to the woods today
Kenzie2012

GrapeWizard wrote: ^ I Don't know... a powerade is £1.80 at Towers and everywhere else, in morrisons i know they're less than a £1 it's  a ridiculous rip off for EVERYTHING at Towers so this might not be so bad.

Just take a bag, buy this 'Dine All Day' and rob them of all the drinks and sweets you can fit in.
you can guarantee this is happening, with an attitude like that people still wonder why prices are going up!?!?!
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”
comesmilewithme

O M ACTUALLY G! I went last week and saw a member of staff in the all day dining jacket take off this couples wristband and card. I didnt hear what was said but i can only assume they were sharing as there were 2 cards and 6 people!! aarrgghh! makes me angry because i do all day dining on every visit and people like these make alton put the prices up! Either alton are getting serious with the t&cs and employed some all day dining police or they were taking the mick with it. Anyone seen this guy or was it a one off?
george.cross

So I have booked my next trip to Alton Towers for March 26th 2018 and was keen to purchase the All Day Dining pass however I am shocked to see that it has been removed from the website. When the All Day Dining pass was introduced in 2012 it cost £22.50 per adult, in 2017 the same pass cost £28. 

As of now the All Day Dining option has been removed from the website. I felt that charging £28 was already very expensive, bearing in mind it didn't give you access to the Rollercoaster Restaurant. 

So what do we think will become of the All Day Dining pass in 2018, could it be removed entirely? Could the price be lowered to make it more aplealing?

I think the price should be £25, at that price I will not have to spend every second on the park eating junk food. I also think that people should be able to use it in the Rollercoaster Restaurant. Also, charging that much money when the park can close at 4pm seems scandalous, I feel that the park and the restaurants on the park need to be open until at least 6pm in order for people to be able to enjoy the park and the food within the park.

I would like to hear your thoughts on what price you think they will charge for the All Day Dining option, how it could become more appealing or what they will do with the service in the future. 
Last edited by Dan on Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Grammar
AltonOperator

I've always loved the idea of the pass but could never bring myself to spend so much on it. For a family of 4 it's £112! It's a little ridiculous.
I personally think it will reappear closer to opening day, hopefully with revised terms.
In answer to the Rollercoaster Restaurant problem, I think the pass should allow one visit with one 3 course meal. The problem there is that a meal at RR can get up to £25 so then the price for the pass may increase further.
Thanks Jack
Zach

I think with the recent cuts and specific T&C’s applied to ADD the pass has become too restricted. I think for 2018 the pass needs to be seriously rethought, with more options or prices that reflect opening hours, much like it does at Scarefest. Also with Towers closing many of the mid way food outlets such as Ice Cream or waffle outlets in Dark Forrest, the food choice becomes limited and not reflective of the price. 

I hope for a new kind of Food product in 2018 much like the original ADD we saw in 2012/2013