Park Life

What rides and attractions do you miss? Share your memories of Alton Towers' extensive past here.
Tom M

I've got them all on DVD high quality somewhere, will have to try find it.
lozzyhickers

Big Dave wrote: Yup. I hosted it for a season (2003). It was a good show, but didn't really work in that area of the park and didn't really attract the right audience. I t was suppose to be a family show, but they quickly realised that small kids wouldn't understand it and the illusion was scaring the kids. By the end of 2003, there was a narrator which basically told the audience bit by bit what was going on and we had to tell all families about the illusion in advance which then completely spoilt the illusion anyway.
I was 11 at the time, and that illusion really scared me! Do you know how it was done?
Big Dave

Of course, but that would be telling :P

There was actually a lot of really good effects in the show such as the wall warp (think that was the name given to it), in the original version the webmaster magically appeared from behind a cloud of smoke and towards the end they had the floating ball illusion.
Last edited by Big Dave on Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lozzyhickers

Dayum  :P
Big Dave

To be fair, it realllly isnt that impressive when you know how its done.
lozzyhickers

Yeah I imagine so.
I have a bit of a think about illusions and how they are done =P
AltonTowersNerd

I fully enjoy watching that on Youtube. I really like that Catherine girl. She's so sweet and cute.