Alton Towers Timeline

Attraction Source and TowersTimes website news, comments and suggestions.
pday2387

It would be good if Towers-Times had a timeline like the one on this page at http://www.towersalmanac.com/history/index.php?id=2.

It could be made better by having the columns named:
  • Areas created
  • Areas rethemed
  • Attractions added
  • Attractions moved
  • Attractions rethemed
  • Attractions removed
The date range would be 1950's - Present
Joel

Hi pday2387,

Thanks for your feedback and idea around this sort of feature for the TowersTimes website.

The timeline certainly does look fantastic, but obviously just lifting that idea from another website (particularly from ATA too) wouldn't really be in keeping with our play fair, play nice and be original as possible ethos.

Presumably you don't use the ATA one as its not been/being updated? I unfortunately don't follow the activity of other sites so I'm not sure how active ATA are these days.

We'll certainly add it to our future ideas though and see if we can come up with something along a similar line but hopefully original for TT though :)

Thanks again!
Big Dave

Always worth popping an email across to Dan (or whoever runs the site now) and make a revised version for TT. It wouldn't be copying, but using their idea, so out of courtesy, popping an email across would probably be the best thing. If they say no, then there are other ways to make a similar thing. As a matter of fact, TT already has a fairly decent timeline so to speak, just needs tidying up and tweaking, which Im sure its going to get when ( if ) the new TT comes around.
Squiggles

As Joel mentioned the main reason we've never really invested the time in putting one together ourselves is that ATA already have a perfectly servicable one on their site so it was never really felt it was needed, especially as our "Retired Attractions" index covers most of this ground (and much more) anyway, though in a different format. It's similar as why we've not recently actively seeked to update out Ride Simulators section as Towers Nerd have this corner of the market pretty well covered.

I am aware that there are a few attractions missing off the ATA one and it currently finishes in 2010, but as it covers most of required ground, it's not incredibly high on the priority list, as there still so much stuff in the archives not covered anywhere on the web, which really has to take precident.

And of course we wouldn't want to discourage people from checking out the ATA history archives as well as our own, since they have quite a range of stuff over there that we don't (and of course vice versa ;)), and a bit of friendly competition never hurt anyone. :)
Edwardo..... move me!