We need YOU! TowersTimes 10th Birthday....

Attraction Source and TowersTimes website news, comments and suggestions.
Joel

We need YOU!

As you are possibly aware, TowersTimes will be celebrating its 10th birthday this year, and we'd like to do something a little special to celebrate (Yes yes aside from the Birthday Bash!) with everyone on the forum and make something special for our community :D

So we'd like you all... and in fact challenge you all to a little contest for our upcoming birthday!

Ooh, what is it, what is it?!!?

To celebrate our 10 finest years of a great Alton Towers community, we'd like to put together a little montage of movie clips into a birthday video to use hopefully on the site and the Birthday Bash event at Alton Towers. And of course, we want it all to be about celebrating our most successful and important feature - you, our fantastic members!! :D

So whats the brief?

Well we'd like you to record a small clip (of around 10 seconds, but more on that later) wishing everyone at TowersTimes a happy birthday, which we will collect and collate into a giant video for the site and event. Simple, right?

Well there is a small twist - as we said before - there's a bit of a 'contest' for the most creative and inspirational ways in which people wish us a happy birthday - so marks awarded for original ways and videos sent in, and maybe even a small token prize too (No, we can't offer out team members as prizes, before anyone asks ;))

So, whatever your talent (or imagination!), we'd like you to think about the best, funniest, craziest, more creative... inspirational way to send a birthday greeting to all of TowersTimes. Exploit a talent of yours, and get it into a video clip and send it to us! Your chance to be budding movie stars once again, and of course wish all of the community a giant happy birthday too! :P

So, whats the specifications?
  1. It must be no more than 10 seconds. Doesnt mean you can't speed up your video to fit it into 10 seconds though!
  2. You need to convey the message 'Happy Birthday TowersTimes!' in your video somehow. It doesn't need to be expressed by audio (i.e. you dont have to physically say it!) if you don't want to, although some clips of people saying it would also be great. But it can be written, constructed, formed... however you want, so long as it says happy birthday of course!
  3. Try and avoid using music in your video Unless that is your talent of course, then please feel free! But using commerical music would be best avoided, as the video is likely to be set to a music background anyway, and dipped for any vocal birthday wishes of course!
  4. Your video doesn't have to contain yourself if you feel camera shy! But including yourself would also be awesome, and you will still have the video credited to yourself too!
  5. Anything goes! Well.. almost. Nudity (in the full sense!) probably won't make it to the final cut, nor swearing or anything abusive. Sorry. Its being shown to a big audience, so risque is okay, but nothing more!
  6. Theres no limit to how many videos you can submit Feeling adventurous? You can make 5 or 10 clips if you want to! Theres no limit on how many you send in, and they will all be considered for the contest too!
  7. We'd much like it in HD, please If you have access to a HD recording device, it would be much much MUCH appreciated by us and the viewers so its crystal clear for all! But its not a requirement if you don't have access, of course
  8. Got an iPhone or other mobile recording handset? Please record your video in LANDSCAPE mode - that is, turn your phone on its side and record! Thanks!
Where do I submit my clip?! When do you need it by!!

Good news - we're letting you know so early on so you can have a good think about how you can best compose your birthday wishes for TT - so there's no rush yet. We'll give details in a few weeks time on how to submit your clips, and we'll probably need all of the clips in by mid-March time, so you've got plenty of time to get your thinking caps on!

The legal terms and shiz...

Please be aware that any clips submitted may be used by TowersTimes officially in promotional videos on the website and at events hosted by us, such as the Birthday Bash at Alton Towers. Respectively, any clips submitted may not be included also, and quite frankly if we don't get enough, the whole thing might not happen at all! </sadface> :(

We are unable to take responsibilty from any accidental fame, stars made in the making, or anyone who tries to stalk you from dancing in front of your house, so its a good idea to make sure you're not revealing your address or any details accidentally, or any dirty underwear hanging in the background and all that.

Any prizes or rewards given for submission of videos will be at the final discretion of the TT team. The 'contest' is open to all existing and new TT members. Unfortunately we can't return any tapes which you send into us, and theres no £250 prize for making a tit of yourself either, sorry.

Got MOAR questions? Ask away below!

So, I hope you can help us out and join in the biggest happy birthday wish to all of our community to celebrate 10 years of the greatest Alton Towers community website! :D

Thanks all!
Last edited by Joel on Sun May 20, 2012 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DiogoJ42

*wonders just how "risque" he can get away with....*
Joel

I was rather hoping you'd just build a giant HAPPY BIRTHDAY and a TT logo in Lego tbh, but meh :P lol!
DiogoJ42

So, pirates boinking with Lego cunningly obscuring the good stuff it is then!
Nightfall

Joel wrote: I was rather hoping you'd just build a giant HAPPY BIRTHDAY and a TT logo in Lego tbh, but meh :P lol!
Damn now you've mentioned It I can't do it anymore!

Actual I've been waiting for something like this for a while. I have a couple of ideas for what to do and I'll warn you now It's probably going to be recorded in RCT3 (so 720p definition).
[align=center]Image[/align]
Islander

Nightfall wrote:
Joel wrote: I was rather hoping you'd just build a giant HAPPY BIRTHDAY and a TT logo in Lego tbh, but meh :P lol!
...yup, that was pretty much what I was going to do until I read Joel's second post.
Nightfall

Islander wrote:
Nightfall wrote:
...yup, that was pretty much what I was going to do until I read Joel's second post.
Maybe it's for the best then that we're not all making Lego TTF Logo's
[align=center]Image[/align]
Joel

LOL! Well at least one of you doing it would be nice even if I have mentioned it! :P

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
Big Dave

Im going to try and get me saying it in various locations and then try and edit them together :)

When do you need them by Joel (cannot be bothered to read above post)
JoshM

Would the video only be shown at the Birthday Bash, or will it be posted online aswell?
MinteButtons

I think this calls for another attempt at the Nemmy cake with a chocolate "Happy Birthday" plaque.
Or a TT logo shaped cake...or cupcakes...
I'm sure I'll be able to come up with something!  :P

On the other hand, I've just realised that it'd be fairly simple to make a TT or Oblivion logo pinata. Pinata on the front lawn?  :P
ATJoseph

I think i will have fail awards plasterd on the wall with one of my old teddys saying happy birthday ttf in a high voice  :D.
BigHairJoe

Is it OK to collaborate with another member ?  :|

.Will

BigHairJoe wrote: Is it OK to collaborate with another member ?  :|
More than likely.

Question is does Tom want you? ;)
JayNemesis00

Sounds like fun! What format does it have to be in?
Big Dave

They can normally accept most of the common formats.

I'd stick to avi, wmv or mpeg
Last edited by Big Dave on Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BigHairJoe

.Will wrote:
BigHairJoe wrote: Is it OK to collaborate with another member ?  :|
Question is does Tom want you? ;)
No but I've got someone who joined when I did who goes my school and he does
JayNemesis00

Thanks Dave, I'll get cracking.
Joel

Ok to answer a couple of questions for tonight...
  • The video will be mainly used for the Birthday Meet, but a shorter edited version will also be used on the site. If you DONT want your video used for one or the other, let me know when you submit it.
  • The video doesn't need to be submitted yet, it'll be late Feb/early March at the very latest, just get planning and organising now!
  • You can absolutely have anyone you like in the video, and it will be credit to your or anyone taking parts TT username
  • There is no limits to what you can put in your message - its YOUR 10 seconds! Use it however you want, so long as it says "Happy Birthday TowersTimes!" somehow, and isn't illegal :P
  • Yes, it must be no longer than 10 seconds, I dont want to bore people :P But you can submit multiple variants of a clip, thats ok!
  • Formats pretty much any are fine, I can convert them all. 3GP, AVI, WMV, MPG, MP4, FLV as usual.
Mr P

No nudity? That's me out...