Mini-meets

Attraction Source and TowersTimes website news, comments and suggestions.
RustyRider

So it's getting to that time of year when peoria are gunna want to start organising their trips to parks etc. any chance of a mini-meets sub-forum in the official meet up topic?
Ladies and Gentlemen, our first SuperHero TTFer :D - Magrathea.
Mike

Interesting idea - certainly I find I miss out on some mini meets as I dont tend to read the TP&R forums very much. So long as it's made clear what the difference is between the two 'types' of meet, I think you could be on to a good idea here! :)

Thanks to Ian for the sig!
Dormiens-Dave

Mini-meets are not official therefore they have always been posted in the "Alton Towers trip planning and reports" topic. Generally they are planned last minute (within a few weeks of the meet) so the pending meets are often at the top of that forum.
Big Dave

Not sure, but I thought the rule was that if you are going to have a mini meet and you want to invite others, then it would be posted in the relevant meetup forum with the name of that topic starting with "Mini meet:......etc"

Like this
Last edited by Big Dave on Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RustyRider

I believe this is the way it was ran last year, I remember astrodan mentioning about mini-meets an it fell under the official meets section...

Also, I'm aware that they aren't official meets, hence my suggestion that they be placed in its own sub-forum?
Last edited by RustyRider on Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big Dave

If you are on about this topic (http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/alton-towers-trip-planning-and-reports/the-return-of-the-mini-meet!/) You will clearly see that it was posted under the Alton Towers trips and planning forum.

Also there are official meets, that's why they are posted in the official meets forum. Mini meets are small unofficial meets that members arrange on their own. That makes them unofficial and nothing to do with the official meets
Last edited by Big Dave on Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dormiens-Dave

Essentially the Alton Towers trip planning and reports is the dedicated topic for unofficial meets.
RustyRider

Ahh thanks for clearing that up for me. :-)