Sounds on TTF front page

Attraction Source and TowersTimes website news, comments and suggestions.
Satch

The reason for this may have passed me by, but.. Is there something causing the bicycle sound on the frontpage? If this is intentional, is it possible for me to either silence it, or for it to be taken off the front page. I often leave the front page on when idle on my computer, and to hear that ringing in the background is a tad distracting!
Mike

Its the new message notification for the Shoutbox, click on the speaker icon next to the send button there to shut it up :)

Thanks to Ian for the sig!
Satch

I keep the shoutbox muted, but everytime I return to the homepage, it still makes the noise. Seeing that the shoutbox was muted is what prompted me to think it's something else
Craig

Said on Facebook but for those who didn't see it on there - will get it switched to off by default with the option to turn it on :)
Islander

If you turn it on, will it then stay on?

I thought it'd recently been fixed so that when turned off, it stayed off. :?
Tom G

It took me a long time to realise this as well (I think someone had to explain in chat).

And that was the previous sound...it took me a few days to realise what the new sound was! I thought it was some sort of punchline sound after the cracks on Pointless when I was watching before Christmas!
Islander

Doesn't seem to be a way to turn it on now - has it been permanently disabled?
Chris W

Islander wrote: Doesn't seem to be a way to turn it on now - has it been permanently disabled?
It has, for now at least. Joel is very busy with work at the moment so he will sort it out when he has some free time :)
DiogoJ42

Yay! Can it remain off for good please? Even if I turn it off, certain people on skype *COUGHformula1fanCOUGH* leave it on and it comes over their mic and drives me made and makes me want to kill things... :crazy:
formula1fan

DiogoJ42 wrote: Yay! Can it remain off for good please? Even if I turn it off, certain people on skype *COUGHformula1fanCOUGH* leave it on and it comes over their mic and drives me made and makes me want to kill things... :crazy:
I saw that, Diogo. :P
DiogoJ42

You were supposed to. ;)