The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Smile always. New for 2013.
Kenzie2012

Matthewr1990 wrote:
Liam-AltonTowers wrote: Check out this image TowersTimes posted on there Twitter page from the latest update:

Is this all the track that's left to be put up or is there more somewhere else or is there more to be delivered from Gerstlauer...?
What's the grey item/s on the back of the wagon?
On closer inspection, this photo is very, very worrying!
Look at all those footers that are left!! I know these are slightly easier to put in than non pre-fab footers, but there's loads of them.

And I get the feeling all those concrete slabs are not " just" for the station. This thing hasn't progressed as much as I thought  :(
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”
Rollercoasters4Life

Something just doesn't add up between the Team:
Princess Jasmin wrote: I'll start things of with what I posted in the Staff forum :)
Ok just finished going through everything, and here's my key points:

1) It's already been said, but :censored: ing track! C'mon Gerts/AT pull your bloody fingers out.

2) Groundwork/landscaping STILL not finished :shock:

3) There is a LOT more footers going down at the top end of site, than were shown on the plans. I think that large support structure, is either going to be missing, or changed drastically.

4)The trench required for the Vertical lift hill, is either taking years to dig out, or (and this is just me speculating here) is there a chance they won't have one?

5) This point has been hidden due to it's relation to covered area  ;)

6) there are some VERY curious looking track pieces in that storage area. I know we've seen them before, but seeing them from this (IMO, much better) angle, just makes me more curious as to their possible location.

7) Oblivion is starting to look really sexy in black again :D And did anyone else notice the scaffolding at both ends of the station building? Clearly to touch up those rotting panels I posted pics of on here, earlier in the season.

8) I'm still curious about the old locker shelter. The middle gap in the roof has been covered over, and there is  what look like, black walls on all sides :-?

Thanks MI7 really great pics :D
You must know/have a good idea what it will be as why would the need to blur out the point in which you mentioned in the staff forum? If you didn't then the point is just as valid in here with us guys. Then...
Rob-TT wrote:
sibic wrote: so do we think the sw is now in place as their putting footers in place which reduces access to the station area and yellow box
No the SW wasn't currently in place at the time of the images being taken.
Then...
Rob-TT wrote: Everyone knows that there is going to be some kind of special element or something there. All I have confirmed is that at this stage there is currently no "SW/SE" in that location.
Do we know that though? For all we know, all you could of been concealing is the suspected barrel roll. That bit after the suspected barrel roll could of been just a straight before a lift hill. You have now confirmed for sure that something of considerable interest will be going there. What, we don't know, but we mere mortals now definitely know a secret element is going in - thanks to you! :D

But then...
Sam198 wrote: None of us know exactly what's being installed. But we are however in constant discussion with Towers regarding what we can and can't show in these aerial updates.
You must have a good idea to confirm the inclusion of a secret element - for all we knew it could of just been a straight section after the suspected barrel roll.

And so the conspiracy's continue...
MatthewR1990

Rollercoasters4Life wrote: Something just doesn't add up between the Team:
Princess Jasmin wrote: I'll start things of with what I posted in the Staff forum :)
Ok just finished going through everything, and here's my key points:

1) It's already been said, but :censored: ing track! C'mon Gerts/AT pull your bloody fingers out.

2) Groundwork/landscaping STILL not finished :shock:

3) There is a LOT more footers going down at the top end of site, than were shown on the plans. I think that large support structure, is either going to be missing, or changed drastically.

4)The trench required for the Vertical lift hill, is either taking years to dig out, or (and this is just me speculating here) is there a chance they won't have one?

5) This point has been hidden due to it's relation to covered area  ;)

6) there are some VERY curious looking track pieces in that storage area. I know we've seen them before, but seeing them from this (IMO, much better) angle, just makes me more curious as to their possible location.

7) Oblivion is starting to look really sexy in black again :D And did anyone else notice the scaffolding at both ends of the station building? Clearly to touch up those rotting panels I posted pics of on here, earlier in the season.

8) I'm still curious about the old locker shelter. The middle gap in the roof has been covered over, and there is  what look like, black walls on all sides :-?

Thanks MI7 really great pics :D
You must know/have a good idea what it will be as why would the need to blur out the point in which you mentioned in the staff forum? If you didn't then the point is just as valid in here with us guys. Then...
Rob-TT wrote:
sibic wrote: so do we think the sw is now in place as their putting footers in place which reduces access to the station area and yellow box
No the SW wasn't currently in place at the time of the images being taken.
Then...
Rob-TT wrote: Everyone knows that there is going to be some kind of special element or something there. All I have confirmed is that at this stage there is currently no "SW/SE" in that location.
Do we know that though? For all we know, all you could of been concealing is the suspected barrel roll. That bit after the suspected barrel roll could of been just a straight before a lift hill. You have now confirmed for sure that something of considerable interest will be going there. What, we don't know, but we mere mortals now definitely know a secret element is going in - thanks to you! :D

But then...
Sam198 wrote: None of us know exactly what's being installed. But we are however in constant discussion with Towers regarding what we can and can't show in these aerial updates.
You must have a good idea to confirm the inclusion of a secret element - for all we knew it could of just been a straight section after the suspected barrel roll.

Dude give up. What do you want him to do, break under pressure and just tell everyone what he may or may not know. We all know there is something happening under the boxes, that much is clear. Just drop it and move on. We will find out soon enough.
West Bromwich Albion until I die! I bleed blue and white.
Danny

Rollercoasters4Life wrote: Something just doesn't add up between the Team:

The reason to blur it out is because Alton Towers asked us to. It's as simple as that.
Rollercoasters4Life wrote:
It's been speculation since day dot the secret element [if there is one, do we know? Or don't we?] would go before the lift hill, be it under the shop, directly before the lift or elsewhere before the ride starts the inversion packed layout. I assume that's what Rob was referring to when he mentioned about everybody knowing a secret element would go there.

For all you know, Towers could have put a tent up to stop us taking pictures of the blurred out box, and have asked us to blur the tent out as they don't want you knocking on a tent manufacturer's door to find out what it is they're hiding.
Rollercoasters4Life wrote: But then...

It may very well be just a straight section between the lift and where the track passes under the station. Or maybe it has some gentle bunny hops? Who knows! You'll find out eventually.
Last edited by Danny on Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MartinDarko

so what you're saying is the secret element is a tent....
Rollercoasters4Life

Matthewr1990 wrote: Dude give up. What do you want him to do, break under pressure and just tell everyone what he may or may not know. We all know there is something happening under the boxes, that much is clear. Just drop it and move on. We will find out soon enough.
WTF? At which point in my post did I say 'come on tell us we want to know!'

I'll tell you - I didn't. All I am referring to is that the team have contradicted themselves as show in the posts. I am not saying we aren't getting a secret element, as people were guessing that from the get go - doesn't mean it will happen. Look at what happened with Th13teen, loads of stuff was banded about in regards to the indoor track. Tilting, 3D screens and all sorts - none of which came true, so just because people thing something will happen doesn't mean it will. So to sum up just because people think a secret element of a rotating bit of track could happen just before the lift hill doesn't mean it will but with the team saying things such as:
Rob-TT wrote: No the SW wasn't currently in place at the time of the images being taken.
(That in itself is a very bold statement)

and
Rob-TT wrote: Everyone knows that there is going to be some kind of special element or something there.
makes it sound 100% as if some secret element will happen rather than just a straight piece of track. I mean what to stop it being a straight piece of track and everyone is wrong about any sort of element? They seemed to have confirmed it and must have some deeper knowledge than they are letting on. I don't care that they know more and won't reveal it (and I am certainly not trying to get it out of them), its just I am pointing to the fact that they have confirmed a secret element will happen whereas before we were not sure weather it was just a barrel roll, straight piece of track and then the lift hill or the straight piece of track was indeed a secret element.

Just because they blurred it out doesn't mean something will be going there, it could be blurred because Alton Towers asked them to blur the barrel roll where it ends as to not give it away as it could be an inversion record (and no I am not saying that is what I think will happen).
Last edited by Rollercoasters4Life on Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MatthewR1990

Matthewr1990 wrote: Dude give up. What do you want him to do, break under pressure and just tell everyone what he may or may not know. We all know there is something happening under the boxes, that much is clear. Just drop it and move on. We will find out soon enough.

I'll tell you - I didn't. All I am referring to is that the team have contradicted themselves as show in the posts. I am not saying we aren't getting a secret element, as people were guessing that from the get go - doesn't mean it will happen. Look at what happened with Th13teen, loads of stuff was banded about in regards to the indoor track. Tilting, 3D screens and all sorts - none of which came true, so just because people thing something will happen doesn't mean it will. So to sum up just because people think a secret element of a rotating bit of track could happen just before the lift hill doesn't mean it will but with the team saying things such as
Let them contradict themselves then lol. Y u no be calmer? It's just a rollercaoster lmao. There is something happening behind that box that Alton does not want you to see leave it at that. There is no need for all this lmao.
West Bromwich Albion until I die! I bleed blue and white.
Kenzie2012

Matthewr1990 wrote:

I'll tell you - I didn't. All I am referring to is that the team have contradicted themselves as show in the posts. I am not saying we aren't getting a secret element, as people were guessing that from the get go - doesn't mean it will happen. Look at what happened with Th13teen, loads of stuff was banded about in regards to the indoor track. Tilting, 3D screens and all sorts - none of which came true, so just because people thing something will happen doesn't mean it will. So to sum up just because people think a secret element of a rotating bit of track could happen just before the lift hill doesn't mean it will but with the team saying things such as
Let them contradict themselves then lol. Y u no be calmer? It's just a rollercaoster lmao. There is something happening behind that box that Alton does not want you to see leave it at that. There is no need for all this lmao.
I have to agree with Matt on every single thing he's said - Get over it!!

The Team are doing a fantastic job, stop picking holes out of what they've said and do something constructive!!

I'm very surprised from those new photos that the station has no cladding on it yet!! It just seems to have been left alone  :?
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”
Rollercoasters4Life

Matthewr1990 wrote:

Calmer? Ay? Come again? At what point have things become anything but calm? I was just bemused by your post. All this? There has only been 4 posts between us and its discussion to do with the ride so its fine.

All I wanted to do was basically put across the point of the doubt weather this would have a secret element and the team have pretty much confirmed it. Just because there is a box saying 'Image corrected at the request of Alton Towers' doesn't mean there will be anything there, like I said, it could just be they have asked them to cover the exit of the barrel roll up.

My post was only meant to bring together several posts that give people something to view and ponder over - they weren't supposed to be aimed at making someone spill the beans and I am sorry if you thought that - as it isn't how I wanted it to come across. :)

EDIT:
Kenzie2012 wrote: I have to agree with Matt on every single thing he's said - Get over it!!

The Team are doing a fantastic job, stop picking holes out of what they've said and do something constructive!!

I'm very surprised from those new photos that the station has no cladding on it yet!! It just seems to have been left alone  :?
Get over what? Nothing to get over. The bit I have highlighted really shows how constructive you are being against my post - I.E Not very. I am not saying the team are doing a bad job, I am very grateful for what they do. I am just picking up on the points they have made. You are the two that have taken what I have said out of proportion. I am not picking holes on their posts, what I am doing is bring the posts together where they confirm that there is a secret element - to which nobody was 100% sure but had idea to their being one. Now it would seem confirmed.

My original post was constructive to the topic as it was comparing what the team have put into one post and making it stand out that there will be a secret element of which no one was certain off, yet they are.
Last edited by Rollercoasters4Life on Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boz

Now, now guys, that's enough now please [-X

Now kiss and make up ;)
Kenzie2012

Re-re-edit by Boz: I always have the last word ;)    (not quite)

:santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa:

I will not be made to look soft like Boz and by Boz - You were wrong.

Back to Construction.

The End.
Last edited by Kenzie2012 on Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rollercoasters4Life

Kenzie2012 wrote: :hug:  :eyebrow:

modified by Boz :evillaugh:
:lol: (ninja edit) Just want to say I only post if I have something worthwhile to say hence why my post count is so low and if you look back over all my post they always add to discussion.

Would of thought they will have the majority of footers done within the next two weeks then the track will start to fly up in about 2-3 weeks (Probably putting up the last few pieces just after the season has begun). Then comes the fun part of getting all the rest done. To your other part of your post Kenzie, maybe they will wait till any secret element is complete before putting up the station cladding and whatnot because of close crane work putting it in?

Going on Saturday, will have a gander to see what has changed from the last lot of aerial photos - thats if I can actually spot anything over the walls. :D Has anyone heard anymore whether or not X-Sector will be open with the start of the season or are they keeping it closed for construction purposes?
Last edited by Rollercoasters4Life on Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boz

My last request to end it appears to have been taken a bit too relaxed. If it doesn't end now, I will be forced to take further action, against all participants.

Boz has spoken!  :crazy:
Danny

With regards as to seeing anything at Half Term, I think that's a lost hope now. If the current fences are to remain in place, you can't get anywhere near X Sector and will probably only be able to see the top of the knot, maybe some of the station and the occasional crane. [/stillannoyedthetowersareclosed].
sw7nutter

Danny wrote: With regards as to seeing anything at Half Term, I think that's a lost hope now. If the current fences are to remain in place, you can't get anywhere near X Sector and will probably only be able to see the top of the knot, maybe some of the station and the occasional crane. [/stillannoyedthetowersareclosed].
I think we have to be realistic here. If there making TT censor their pictures they were never going to let us look. Anyway at the rate of construction I would think that they are just going to make all the groundwork done then start on the track so there wont be much to see in February half term anyway.
In just 1 day I managed: 75 rides on stealth, 8 swarms, the dodgems and a tea cups. February half term was good.
Montezuma110

Could it be possible that instead of the barrel roll, the car enters the 'washing machine' element upside down. Then just spins around a few times then comes out the right way up. It would certainly make it very disorientation.
Just a thought.
sw7nutter

Montezuma110 wrote: Could it be possible that instead of the barrel roll, the car enters the 'washing machine' element upside down. Then just spins around a few times then comes out the right way up. It would certainly make it very disorientation.
Just a thought.
That has been questioned and it is a possibility but after that drop that train will be quite fast so it would have quite a sudden drop. Not impossible though.
In just 1 day I managed: 75 rides on stealth, 8 swarms, the dodgems and a tea cups. February half term was good.
getothing

Seriously, we know it's word first, and that the secret element left us with a smile, confirmed that there sw zone indoor area, and is in the process, you can not think that what's being built and supports or holes? Fijaros is this photo

I believe that I do not know photo to hide, Pay attention to the hole, censored area ...
If an inline twist, tower times team  would not hide ¡¡¡
i want to corrected now ¡
JaykeAT

I still see nothing worth hiding there,although this is coming from alton towers itself.
Kenzie2012

getothing wrote: Seriously, we know it's word first, and that the secret element left us with a smile, confirmed that there sw zone indoor area, and is in the process, you can not think that what's being built and supports or holes? Fijaros is this photo

I believe that I do not know photo to hide, Pay attention to the hole, censored area ...
I wish I could agree with you, but I've no idea what your saying again Getothing!!

I'm going to make it my mission to find you a better translator....  :O