The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Smile always. New for 2013.
Hitch

Boz wrote: A bit of news from peeps on park this morning!

The whole of X Sector has been fenced off, so all rides there are unavailable ATM. Read into that what you like tbh ;)
There removing the smiler construction fences?
merm

Didn't they do this on the day thirteen opened cordoned of dark forest I wonder if it will open today or tomorrow
Let our dreams become your nightmares
Boz

James97 wrote: There removing the smiler construction fences?
That's the theory that I've come to as well, but I'm 250 miles away, so I'm not best placed to give any definitive answers on this one.
Stern John

Qwan wrote:
Stern John wrote: I'm pretty sure if a chef gave you your food 2+ months late you wouldn't be best pleased!
You're not comparing apples with apples.
You don't have to wait months for food to be cooked in the first place, however food can be sent out late and under cooked and you are given compensation (more free food or free meal).
Haha, I wasn't the one who came up with the chef analogy!
All I will say is if it was acceptable for this ride not to be open by now then guest services wouldn't be handing out free tickets.
jojolouise

Hope The smiler will be open really soon, I do understand that they need to make the area and the ride safe and that things do and will happen to postpone things.
But to those who have waited for this moment it must feel like a child at christmas, and then being told a day before "sorry but Christmas has now been moved to another day and I'm not sure when".
I'm not going to September as we went there beginning of may, I'm sure The smiler WILL be open before then  ;).
Stern John

Yeah, I've just booked 10th September off work for it. There's a chance it will be open then!
ilyAlton

Stern John wrote: Yeah, I've just booked 10th September off work for it. There's a chance it will be open then!
You're cutting that very close.
Static Veins

The whole of X Sector has been fenced off, so all rides there are unavailable ATM. Read into that what you like tbh ;)
Come onnnnnnn surprise opening! [-o<
Hitch

SpecyBeast wrote:

Ooooh that Interview with one of the Smile Assistants, very very interesting !!
Why have they made it private  :(
merm

James97 wrote:
SpecyBeast wrote:

Ooooh that Interview with one of the Smile Assistants, very very interesting !!
Why have they made it private  :(
I would liked to have seen this too but couldn't
Dan

There's currently a crane back on The Smiler site. As Boz has said X-Sector is closed off and there's about 20 staff members lining the grass in front of the towers, and I overheard one saying that X-Sector is likely to be closed for the most of the day.

Maybe the site is being finished off for an opening tomorrow?
merm

Static Veins wrote:

Come onnnnnnn surprise opening! [-o<
I'm a hour away and waiting for a sign, bags packed ready to set off its like waiting for someone to go into labour lol.
Hitch

nicksy111 wrote: There's currently a crane back on The Smiler site. As Boz has said X-Sector is closed off and there's about 20 staff members lining the grass in front of the towers, and I overheard one saying that X-Sector is likely to be closed for the most of the day.

I hope there lifting out that stupid cherry picker which has just been left by the side of the queue
Static Veins

nicksy111 wrote: There's currently a crane back on The Smiler site. As Boz has said X-Sector is closed off and there's about 20 staff members lining the grass in front of the towers, and I overheard one saying that X-Sector is likely to be closed for the most of the day.

A crane back on site screams 'still work to be done' and would be a crushingly depressing sight... Had they not closed off the entire section. Seems like they're making one big final push.

Told you they'd be going into overdrive to get it open for bank holiday weekend ;)
Hitch

What if a ride car has got stalled because of those new trims  :?
Static Veins

James97 wrote: What if a ride car has got stalled because of those new trims  :?
SHHHH! Think positive thoughts! :P
Hitch

Static Veins wrote:
James97 wrote: What if a ride car has got stalled because of those new trims  :?
I know but I can't help but remembering it looking like it was nearly going to stall ages ago, And then I think - XSector closed = dont wont people to see a car stuck, Crane = Pull car around track
jayson2125

To keep a light hearted approach...

With the errors that have been made and comical customer services maybe this is the crane.

Many many thanks to Lewis97 for my signature file.
Static Veins

James97 wrote:
Static Veins wrote:
I know but I can't help but remembering it looking like it was nearly going to stall ages ago, And then I think - XSector closed = dont wont people to see a car stuck, Crane = Pull car around track
When it looked like it was going to stall, wasn't that just because it was a brand new train they hadn't loaded up fully? So the wheels hadn't worn in? I don't think that'll be a problem now, but yeah it's definitely possible.

Here's hoping this is a case of 'close the area off so we can get this stuff done!' rather than 'close the area off to hide our catastrophic failure!'.
Richardio123

James97 wrote:
Static Veins wrote:
the ride hasn't stalled lmfao :) maybe they are just removing the fences around the ride and the crane is just to remove last minute stuff like that cherry picker the ride only went slow because of the testing wheels. pessimism isn't good :)
Signature Pending.. ;D