The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Smile always. New for 2013.
jbuckton18

Epsilon wrote:
MI7 wrote: MI7 has been stood down after a tense afternoon on high alert - but do not fear - my final mission is only hours away....
Last aerial update?

On another note, I wonder what's going to happen to this part of the forum once The Smiler opens...
Thats what everyone has been talking about for the past 3 pages !! Forum will be closed down after it opens !
Some say they've seen angels, Ive seen The Smiler - That's enough
Josh90

I've heard today that it's opening on may 11th
Danscott22

Josh90 wrote: I've heard today that it's opening on may 11th
From who?
Benji

Josh90 wrote: I've heard today that it's opening on may 11th
If anything the earliest it will open is may 18th, given the amount of time testing will take.

Thanks to Lewis for the sig!
Epsilon

I've just had a reply from the TowersTimes facebook, and they say that MI7 will be up in the air taking an aerial update as the lift top goes in.
Owen

Just realised this topic will be pretty dead soon as the station construction won't be long to finishing so I'm saying in advance R.I.P The Smiler construction/construction part 2 we will miss you  :(
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Unless a new topic is made, I expect testing to be followed in here, as well as the construction of all the other finishing touches, such as queuelines and the addition of little bits of theming (like entrances and signs). So I wouldn't say your goodbyes too soon!

But yes, we are nearing the end of a very unique project that we still don't know how it will end... :moj

Give it three years SW8 will actually be open, so we only have to wait about two years until all the fun starts again ;)
truckaddict

Alton towers have tweeted a pic and they said that the final piece of the smiler track is in? Are we missing something?

Bi and proud
Owen

lewis97 wrote: Unless a new topic is made, I expect testing to be followed in here, as well as the construction of all the other finishing touches, such as queuelines and the addition of little bits of theming (like entrances and signs). So I wouldn't say your goodbyes too soon!

But yes, we are nearing the end of a very unique project that we still don't know how it will end... :moj

Give it three years SW8 will actually be open, so we only have to wait about two years until all the fun starts again ;)
Mahahagahahaha  :evillaugh:
lewis97
Admin
Admin

truckaddict wrote: Alton towers have tweeted a pic and they said that the final piece of the smiler track is in? Are we missing something?
No, that picture was taken a few days ago before The Hypnotiser went in. They're lying...
arsenalfan-1

I suppose that we could still talk about construction of queue and some of the last bits of theming in this forum. E.g: I don't think the station exterior is finished yet.

Also does anyone have any ideas of when testing might start?

I can't wait!!! :moj
Thanks Lewis97
RollercoasterGEEK100

Im gunna be lost without construction. Nothing to talk about anymore :(

Credit to NemesisRider
Mulcracker

There's always the 'air tunnel' topic  ;)
RollercoasterGEEK100

Mulcracker wrote: There's always the 'air tunnel' topic  ;)
Roll on 2015 for thorpe park so we can talk about that!

Credit to NemesisRider
Danny

I know that with eurofighters they don't do a pull through so could testing also be shortened instead of 200 hours or has 200 hours been confirmed by gerstlauer?
Jack

What will I do with my life when this topic is locked? not one for speculation...waaaaaaaaaaa :tears:

EDIT:
danny.g97 wrote: I know that with eurofighters they don't do a pull through so could testing also be shortened instead of 200 hours or has 200 hours been confirmed by gerstlauer?
Not a eurofighter
owenjohn

RollercoasterGEEK100 wrote: Im gunna be lost without construction. Nothing to talk about anymore :(

We could talk about FINS!
Danny

jackandylan123 wrote: What will I do with my life when this topic is locked? not one for speculation...waaaaaaaaaaa :tears:

EDIT:
danny.g97 wrote: I know that with eurofighters they don't do a pull through so could testing also be shortened instead of 200 hours or has 200 hours been confirmed by gerstlauer?
Not a eurofighter
It is a eurofighter, alton have confirmed this, just because the trains are different and it doesn't have a beyond vertical drop doesn't mean it doesn't class as a eurofighter
Benji

Funnily enough, we could all find this interesting to talk about..

Thanks to Lewis for the sig!
peter150496

i wish they did a documentary on the construction of The Smiler like they did for Kingda Ka. That would be so awesome! I can't wait for the next SW, it feels like i'm leaving school for the last time again haha. (what am I?)