The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Smile always. New for 2013.
altontowerskid

JAMMYD777 wrote: A 10 minute video of the new video sequence playing on the Marmaliser. Credit to Truman of Theme Park Collective.

Never heard someone so enthusiastic about LED screens :lol:

They do look brilliant though :D
Danscott22

Credit to TowersNerd, The Flasher's lights are on once more! Not sure how to get it so you can see the picture without clicking a link? If someone tells me I will be able to it in future!

Edited by Kirsty25 to fix the image

Edited by Sam198 because Kirsty failed. ;)
Last edited by Danscott22 on Sun May 12, 2013 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SwEDEN

Wiring's being added to The Smiler's entrance gate. Can't wait to see the effects going. :)

Credit to Theme Park Worldwide's Facebook.
temleh

SwEDEN wrote: Wiring's being added to The Smiler's entrance gate. Can't wait to see the effects going. :)

Look at the giggler leg!!!!
Last edited by temleh on Sun May 12, 2013 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Follow me on Instagram! @v05mattclay
lewis97
Admin
Admin

temleh wrote:
SwEDEN wrote: Wiring's being added to The Smiler's entrance gate. Can't wait to see the effects going. :)

Look at the giggler leg!!!!

Team edit: no caps lock please ~ Sam198
It still looks like there's another circle to go on, but it seems to show something (possibly gas from The Giggler) added to something (which isn't there yet) equals a smiling advocate (The Smiler logo). I'm guessing all the legs will have a similar thing on.
arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le?

The link won't work :,( can someone please post it on here please :S feel like I'm missing something amazing ;)
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea
Swimming through sick lullabies
Choking on your alibis

But it's just the price I pay
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
‘Cause I'm Mr. Brightside
lewis97
Admin
Admin

arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le? wrote: The link won't work :,( can someone please post it on here please :S feel like I'm missing something amazing ;)
Does this work?

arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le?

lewis97 wrote:
arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le? wrote: The link won't work :,( can someone please post it on here please :S feel like I'm missing something amazing ;)
Does this work?

Perfect thanks!! :D maybe each leg will have the effect in the queue too!! Or something else!
Hope not as if will ruin it on the ride! Hopefully the giggler and tickler will have more power soon! ;)
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea
Swimming through sick lullabies
Choking on your alibis

But it's just the price I pay
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
‘Cause I'm Mr. Brightside
epicV3N0M

led screen looking brilliant
For some things there is no rational explanation. There is no way out. *stares at EXIT sign*
N3m3s1s

Why are bubbles so strongly incorporated in the giggler media?!?!

EDIT: I mean tickler!!!!!
Last edited by N3m3s1s on Sun May 12, 2013 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hitch

N3m3s1s wrote: Why are bubbles so strongly incorporated in the giggler media?!?!
I think its just because the tickler is a thing normally used to clean cars, thats the best reason I can some up with.
Instant Mix

James97 wrote:
N3m3s1s wrote: Why are bubbles so strongly incorporated in the giggler media?!?!
I think its just because the tickler is a thing normally used to clean cars, thats the best reason I can some up with.
he's talking about the giggler, not the tickler, bro.
----reece----

When do you think we will see a video of them testing it duelling ?
TheSmiler1998

Instant Mix wrote:
James97 wrote:
he's talking about the giggler, not the tickler, bro.
Bro innit  8)
Moving on from sounding like a chav
Where are these bubble references coming from?
Last edited by TheSmiler1998 on Sun May 12, 2013 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
@LukeSavidge1998 I follow back so hit follow button! #getcorrect #excited
We know what we are, we know what we are! Erm.... Europa League winners we know what we are! Doesn't have the same ring to it does it?
TheOutpatient

PeteB wrote:
TimeAgain wrote: No harm in people being a bit negative.
It doesn't really matter, despite someone being displeased with certain things at Alton Towers, they still visit the forum, they still visit the park more times a year than the regular public. People may be unhappy, but theres gotta be a reason you keep going back!
This is true.  :)
You have to be balanced though and talk about the product objectively, rather than the people. That's what I think being "honest" is, not just moaning, otherwise it just becomes flatulance/like dogs barking.
Please visit my blog of original dark ride ideas: http://mattsdesignsblog.wordpress.com/
martin.taylor.946

After reading ever page of this topic during construction, nobody appears to have questionned why in the game the track goes around the Marmaliser's "Tickler" leg - yet not underneath, as in reality...

Sorry to bring this point up so late in the day, so-to-speak; yet I was playing the game again earlier on (whilst watching the F1 in the background) and just had to ask this time around, months after originally wanting to!

P.S. I find this part of the game frustraing, too; the flow is just hindered at this section! :?
glen191

Now the smiler is built does that mean there is no secret element such as a section of rotating track.

glen191 wrote: Now the smiler is built does that mean there is no secret element such as a section of rotating track.
Hi,
Nobody really knows yet but it is very unlikely there will be a trick track, such as the rotating track (sadly) and we don't really know if there even will be a secret element but there is speculation of a backward drop on the verticle (second) lift hill, image mapping (advanced 3D projections) and pretty much anything else has been speculated but there is still nothing confirmed :)
Accidental whovian, sorry
Roodlesnouter

53173 wrote:
glen191 wrote: Now the smiler is built does that mean there is no secret element such as a section of rotating track.
Hi,
Nobody really knows yet but it is very unlikely there will be a trick track, such as the rotating track (sadly) and we don't really know if there even will be a secret element but there is speculation of a backward drop on the verticle (second) lift hill, image mapping (advanced 3D projections) and pretty much anything else has been speculated but there is still nothing confirmed :)
Not entirely true  ;)
The Smiler, which is Alton Towers Resort's biggest ever investment at £18m, took over eight months to build and the second world first element has been kept under wraps since construction began back in September.
Alton Towers.
http://pixelsattheparks/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Danny

martin.taylor.946 wrote: After reading ever page of this topic during construction, nobody appears to have questionned why in the game the track goes around the Marmaliser's "Tickler" leg - yet not underneath, as in reality...

Sorry to bring this point up so late in the day, so-to-speak; yet I was playing the game again earlier on (whilst watching the F1 in the background) and just had to ask this time around, months after originally wanting to!

P.S. I find this part of the game frustraing, too; the flow is just hindered at this section! :?
This is as you go under the leg to enter the dive loop which you can't upgrade on the game yet so it's strongly believe that the dive loops will be one of the top secret upgrades