The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Smile always. New for 2013.
RollercoasterGEEK100

Hazbean wrote: My friend posted this about half an hour ago. Image
Just one more section of the dive loop then i guess.

Credit to NemesisRider
owenjohn

Luce wrote: Now now guys, this is a construction topic not somewhere to argue.  Please kindly stay on topic thanks :)
I totally agree, which is why I made the comment in the first place, the dirt on the track really doesn't have anyhting to do with the construction and progress of the build.

But I will apologise if it offended anyone.
Hazbean

RollercoasterGEEK100 wrote:
Hazbean wrote: My friend posted this about half an hour ago. Image
Just one more section of the dive loop then i guess.
The loop will probably be finished by morning.
Rollercoasters4Life

owenjohn wrote:
Luce wrote: Now now guys, this is a construction topic not somewhere to argue.  Please kindly stay on topic thanks :)
I totally agree, which is why I made the comment in the first place, the dirt on the track really doesn't have anyhting to do with the construction and progress of the build.

But I will apologise if it offended anyone.
I disagree - it is still part of the construction of the ride as it is dirty because of storing/construction - it certainly isn't speculation and isn't going off topic. You, I and others arguing if it is or not, is going off topic...

Looks like one more piece of track till the second dive loop is complete which I am guessing they will have done by tonight. That leaves both lifts, both drops, the bunny hill, the final turn, transfer track piece and two Marmaliser legs left to be put up.
Last edited by Rollercoasters4Life on Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
owenjohn

Are the support bases bolted down into the footers before they are concreted in?. if so it seems a strange way to go about constructing a rollercoaster especially if one of the supports becomes a problem at a later date and needs to be replaced
AltonTowerfanatic

willt2405 wrote: I FOUND SOME PLANS FOR WHAT COULD BE THE SECRET WEAPON
[/img]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/r ... ions/B.jpg[/img]
Haven't you noticed? The trains in the pics are the Oblivion trains! Exactly the same, apart from yellow restraints and no Oblivon theme but yeah the general structure and build of them are the Oblivon train haha :D some said before that she prefers them to the one we already have :/ so I was just pointing it out haha ;-)

But why do you think they did this, before the trains were seen? Or something else haha :D
I'm ready to Smile!
AltonTowerfanatic

Just thought I would say that I love the slogan haha 'Do look down' I hope they use that as its ironic funny and links the area together as they meant to be made by the same person, the MOJ :D
I'm ready to Smile!
Hazbean

owenjohn wrote: Are the support bases bolted down into the footers before they are concreted in?. if so it seems a strange way to go about constructing a rollercoaster especially if one of the supports becomes a problem at a later date and needs to be replaced
I'm pretty sure they're just plonked in a hole and will cemented in once the track is complete. It probably wouldn't take much work with an industrial jack hammer to break open if they needed to remove or replace a stanchion.
Sam198

AltonTowerfanatic wrote:
Haven't you noticed? The trains in the pics are the Oblivion trains! Exactly the same, apart from yellow restraints and no Oblivon theme but yeah the general structure and build of them are the Oblivon train haha :D some said before that she prefers them to the one we already have :/ so I was just pointing it out haha ;-)

But why do you think they did this, before the trains were seen? Or something else haha :D
These were produced some time ago by forum member 'spin_doctor' to represent his interpretation of the washing machine concept.

While they are of outstanding quality, they're in no way official. :)
RollercoasterGEEK100

AltonTowerfanatic wrote:

I said this before, the SE could be where the track spins you 360 degress UPSIDE down.

Credit to NemesisRider
Hitch

Hazbean wrote:
owenjohn wrote: Are the support bases bolted down into the footers before they are concreted in?. if so it seems a strange way to go about constructing a rollercoaster especially if one of the supports becomes a problem at a later date and needs to be replaced
I'm pretty sure they're just plonked in a hole and will cemented in once the track is complete. It probably wouldn't take much work with an industrial jack hammer to break open if they needed to remove or replace a stanchion.
The footers are only being half filled aswell so if there was a problem, it would be easier to break.
getothing

NINJAwarrior360 wrote: Image

The dive loop should be completed by tomorrow!
sometimes today .)
If an inline twist, tower times team  would not hide ¡¡¡
i want to corrected now ¡
Phild94

"The Smiler is also going to be the first of its kind in the world and the reason why will be revealed soon" - Katherine Duckworth

It's from T2G so its reliability is questionable but every little information helps

Credit to Lewis97 for the fantastic signature :D
Sam198

NINJAwarrior360 wrote: Any Chance of an aerial update soon?
MI7's migration patterns have been thrown off track by the recent cold weather, he'll be back in the sky as soon as he's recovered and returned to the area. ;)
Last edited by Sam198 on Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
undeadarmy

Yeah, it will open in 2017.
Coasterfan312

NINJAwarrior360 wrote:
undeadarmy wrote: Yeah, it will open in 2017.
What will?
I think he means the ride - he's clearly upset that it's not coming along as he wanted it to, but that's how rollercoaster construction works most of the time, especially in Britain with our horrificly random weather.
Smiling since 1997.
Theme Parks Visited: 19
Rollercoasters Ridden: 75
AniaPotter

Quite a bit of people have said that the earliest it will open is May 25th and if that is the case, I will actually cry! Im going with my school May 24th and I live up in Scotland so its not like I can go anytime I want  :( Anybody think its possible to open earlier than that, what with the speed of construction?
temleh

AniaPotter wrote: Quite a bit of people have said that the earliest it will open is May 25th and if that is the case, I will actually cry! Im going with my school May 24th and I live up in Scotland so its not like I can go anytime I want  :( Anybody think its possible to open earlier than that, what with the speed of construction?
Soft openings are a possibility I guess!
Follow me on Instagram! @v05mattclay
rhino18

Sam198 wrote:
NINJAwarrior360 wrote: Any Chance of an aerial update soon?
MI7's migration patterns have been thrown off track by the recent cold weather, he'll be back in the sky as soon as he's recovered and returned to the area. ;)
A helicopter crash will really put off visitors..... ;)
undeadarmy wrote: Yeah, it will open in 2017.
2017? Are you having a laugh? 3017 IDIOT! ;)
The Terminator

AniaPotter wrote: Quite a bit of people have said that the earliest it will open is May 25th and if that is the case, I will actually cry! Im going with my school May 24th and I live up in Scotland so its not like I can go anytime I want  :( Anybody think its possible to open earlier than that, what with the speed of construction?
It's always possible but unlikely, May 31st is really pushing it in my opinion but I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
I WILL be back