The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Smile always. New for 2013.
Boz

Can you take it to PM please guys, so we can stay on topic here, thanks 8)
Deejay

I think we will have a full circuit rollercoaster by the weekend! I really hope we do anyway!
redpiggy

I'll be able to get some more pictures tomorrow hopefully. Looking forward to seeing it in person!!
Anything I should be looking out for?
118hazaman

DeeJayUK wrote: I think we will have a full circuit rollercoaster by the weekend! I really hope we do anyway!
So by the weekend you expect 2 inverted drops, 1 dive loop, 2 lift hills and a bunny hop. I don't think so to be honest...
PhNx Survivor

redpiggy wrote: I'll be able to get some more pictures tomorrow hopefully. Looking forward to seeing it in person!!
Anything I should be looking out for?
Lift hills!!! Jokes... Emm, probably just more track really and anything you think looks interesting or new :)
“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”
rhino18

118hazaman wrote:
DeeJayUK wrote: I think we will have a full circuit rollercoaster by the weekend! I really hope we do anyway!
So by the weekend you expect 2 inverted drops, 1 dive loop, 2 lift hills and a bunny hop. I don't think so to be honest...
The inverting segments of the drops have already been built. The dive loop is going up as we speak. The bunny hops won't take long. And....the lift hills have been lost. :lol:

I really don't think the circuit will be completed this weekend. Maybe next....maybe.
WhatARoaster

How long do you think the testing and seeding in of this will take them?
Rollercoasters4Life

This was put up two hours ago:

Its the lead up into the second dive loop.
rhino18

^Yay more tangliness! When this coaster was first announced (Thirteen event June 2010), did anyone truly believe we'd see a 14-looping multilooper? Especially in such a small area.
iain.mears

In one word NO!!!!
rhino18

^Same. When AT anounced a Gersty would be making it, I wasn't best pleased. This, however, I wasn't expecting. This may be AT's most anticipated coaster since Oblivion, perhaps.
Evostance

I've always thought that any track which isn't a B&M is quite small and looks a bit underwhelming..

Looking at the latest pictures though, this is a beast.
The Terminator

mattallennet wrote: Funny to see Steve Foster cranes working on this, I remember seeing a Steve Foster crane working on Oblivion 16 years ago (1997 season!).
Why wouldn't they be? They are the local crane company after all! Strange I was talking to one of there drivers last week.

The track won't be finished by the weekend as Gertlauster will go home for Easter I would assume (they are human after all).
And I drive around by AT all of the time and haven't seen any lift hills in any fields that I can assure you, why would they be? There are plenty of storage yards in the area you know, its not the 3rd world around here.
I WILL be back
gabbygrace

any clue/confirmation of an on-ride photo?
118hazaman

rhino18 wrote: ^Same. When AT anounced a Gersty would be making it, I wasn't best pleased. This, however, I wasn't expecting. This may be AT's most anticipated coaster since Oblivion, perhaps.
The hype on this coast is unreal, I think everyone is glad this has come out, and I can't wait to ride it in July. SOMEONE TELL ME THE SECRET ELEMENT, I can't handle it anymore!
Rollercoasters4Life

Next piece is now up:

(Thanks to The Alton Towers Guide facebook page)
The Terminator

118hazaman wrote:
rhino18 wrote: ^Same. When AT anounced a Gersty would be making it, I wasn't best pleased. This, however, I wasn't expecting. This may be AT's most anticipated coaster since Oblivion, perhaps.
The hype on this coast is unreal, I think everyone is glad this has come out, and I can't wait to ride it in July. SOMEONE TELL ME THE SECRET ELEMENT, I can't handle it anymore!
I could tell you but then I'm afraid you would have to be terminated so you I guess you would rather wait until June. :lol: 
I WILL be back
118hazaman

The Terminator wrote:
118hazaman wrote:
I could tell you but then I'm afraid you would have to be terminated so you I guess you would rather wait until June. :lol:
I am waiting till may, as soon as a POV comes out on YouTube, I am watching it. Cannot wait, I hope they show the element off in all of its glory, like on TV or something similar
Benji

Looks like the bunny hops are trimmed.

Credit to the Alton Towers Guide.

Thanks to Lewis for the sig!
getothing

omg, is it possible to finalize this weekend ¡¡

looks amazing ,xtremely,perfect ¡
If an inline twist, tower times team  would not hide ¡¡¡
i want to corrected now ¡