The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Smile always. New for 2013.
arsenalfan-1

Static Veins wrote: From Towers Nerd Live:

Loving the interior so far. Very good graphic design.
Is this the correction block?
Thanks Lewis97
DanMcSUFC

Finally, after months of build-ups, speculation, hype, pictures, videos, and delays, the beast has awoken, and is ready to start correcting it's advocates!!! I personally cannot wait to book a trip to AT to ride this beast, and I will be planning a day to visit very soon!!!

Can I just take this opportunity to thank every single TT member for such an incredible build-up to an equally incredible ride - all the pictures, videos, speculation & numerous slengthly conversations about "the F word" ;) have made keeping up to date with this roller coaster's developments both enjoyable and interesting to read. Hope everyone enjoys the roller coaster, and from reading the build up on here, I cannot wait to read the reviews from people on here after today!

Remember everyone, Smile. Always. #getcorrected
Boz

I'm gonna repeat this again as clearly people aren't getting the message
Boz wrote: Guys please stop with the poor quality posts!
Things like "Yayy" and "ooo that's cool", are unnecessary, it's why we have a thanks button.
I understand you are all excited, but please keep the topic clear of all the silly posts. Also if you have minor quick questions, please use the ShoutBox at the bottom of the main forum page.

Can we keep this topic for images and news from the site for the rest of the day please? I'm going to start removing any posts that I feel aren't adding to conversation, and I won't have the time to PM people about it. Otherwise this topic is going to be impossible to follow.

If you want to complain, then please do it here - http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/towerstimes-news-your-views/thoughts-views-of-the-recent-posting-guidelines/ However please be aware that I'm monitoring the forums solo today, so responses will be very slow

Boz
Please only post things that NEED to be said!
Tom_Jephson

Baggage! Towers nerd live
For a better start in life, start smiling earlier!
Tom_Jephson

THE SHOP!

Credit to alton towers guide Facebook
For a better start in life, start smiling earlier!
Static Veins

From Towers Nerd Live, some pictures of the shop:

Love the augmented reality mirror in the first image, and the fake shopping channel on the TV in the last one :lol:
DeadJack5

Just to ask. Has anybody ridden it from the general public yet. I've seen the towers need group on th live feed and they were close to the entrance. Has anybody here on the forum ridden it yet? Can someone please give us a review!

I can not wait!
jbuckton18

CORRECTED !!!!

What a ride that was ! Insane ! You just feel like your upside down for most of it ! ( well you kinda are ! ) Dont want to spoil the fun about telling you about inside the building etc but im just gonna say ...Jesus Christ I would of gladly waited another year in that queue for that ride ! Fantastic !
Some say they've seen angels, Ive seen The Smiler - That's enough
TheOutpatient

Ah I love the interior design - its very cool
and the shopping channel - I honestly didn't see that one coming at all. - brilliant stuff 8)

jbuckton- we got lots of pictures here of the inside of the building, are you talking about something other than what we see here?
Please visit my blog of original dark ride ideas: http://mattsdesignsblog.wordpress.com/
JBragg1

where is the glass in the shop
SwEDEN

jbuckton18 wrote: CORRECTED !!!!

What a ride that was ! Insane ! You just feel like your upside down for most of it ! ( well you kinda are ! ) Dont want to spoil the fun about telling you about inside the building etc but im just gonna say ...Jesus Christ I would of gladly waited another year in that queue for that ride ! Fantastic !
Now for the BIG question, is it as good, or if not better than Nemesis?
jbuckton18

SwEDEN wrote:
jbuckton18 wrote: CORRECTED !!!!

Now for the BIG question, is it as good, or if not better than Nemesis?
You think Nemesis was good ? Doesnt even come close to The Smiler ... No way near !
Some say they've seen angels, Ive seen The Smiler - That's enough
J_Baggie

I HAVE FINALLY BEEN CORRECTED!
After a 2 hour wait for it to open I finally got to ride it. Best ride ever!
West Brom til I die!
camlees

Anyone know what the secret weapon is? If you do, post it in spoiler tags and let the people know who can't wait! (Like Me!)

Will try my post on here after it got deleted off the review topic :(
nataliemelfa

Long time lurker, first time-ish poster.

I won't be visiting AT until August but everything sounds very positive! Looks like I'm in for a treat!

Thanks to everyone that kept us updated through construction and over the 'opening period(!)' Looking forward to reading some reviews to keep me positive during the 4 hour drive!  ;)

Kudos to those in the 180 minute queue!
djedwardsmith

camlees wrote: Anyone know what the secret weapon is? If you do, post it in spoiler tags and let the people know who can't wait! (Like Me!)

Yeah, the secret weapon is a 14 looping rollercoaster on the site of the Black Hole in X-Sector. It's just opened today.
sque132

are all the marmalizer effects working? does the inoculator get you wet? Be a while before i visit but i'm SO excited!
Born This Way Ball 08/09/2012 :)
camlees

djedwardsmith wrote:
camlees wrote: Anyone know what the secret weapon is? If you do, post it in spoiler tags and let the people know who can't wait! (Like Me!)

Yeah, the secret weapon is a 14 looping rollercoaster on the site of the Black Hole in X-Sector. It's just opened today.

Yeah I know that!! But on the press review they said that there is another secret element that has been kept secret right from the start of construction!
coreylee106

Would someone be able to do a description of what happens inside the building in the queue line and on the ride? For those who cannot wait until they visit, thanks in advance
djedwardsmith

camlees wrote:
djedwardsmith wrote:

Yeah I know that!! But on the press review they said that there is another secret element that has been kept secret right from the start of construction!
Ah you said secret weapon.

There isn't a 'secret element', the 14 inversions was the secret. The closest to a washing machine you will get is if you concentrate on the marmaliser.