The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Smile always. New for 2013.
silenthillXD

I personally like the look of the station, of-course it most likely isn't completed yet, but it looks great. The only negative thing I have to say about it is, it looks like there is no rainbow stairway :( 
RCandrew

silenthillXD wrote: I personally like the look of the station, of-course it most likely isn't completed yet, but it looks great. The only negative thing I have to say about it is, it looks like there is no rainbow stairway :(
What is the rainbow stairway?? :oops:
lewis97
Admin
Admin

DannyNewbro wrote:
A wrote:
KevBales wrote: I was thinking also that the departure from the station looked like the Black Hole. I like it when the new rides have in someway a reference to what was there before. Even the controls are above the track like it was in the Black Hole. Maybe there might be strobes as you go down the drop. But it does look like there is still work to be done on the station.
According to the game, the 'flasher' appears during the drop on the indoor section :)
The Flasher is as you go underneath a Marmaliser leg. The indoor section is a different section
Actually in the game, it is not until you upgrade The Flasher that the strobes appear in the indoor section, so that gives me reason to believe that the strobes inside are also part of The Flasher, and may also be something that adds to The Disorientator.

The interior strobe lights can be seen in the game HERE.
jayson2125

Couldn't help but notice in the article from behind the scenes John comment below....

Retired.? If so why does he say the last part.

John Wardley, a ride consultant on The Smiler, commented: “The amount of time, money and energy that has been poured into creating this world first attraction is huge. I’ve been working in the industry for over 35 years and this rollercoaster really does push the boundaries. Who knows what we will have to do to top this one!”

Many many thanks to Lewis97 for my signature file.
aldredd

the collective 'we' - ie the company / AT / Merlin
A

jayson2125 wrote: Couldn't help but notice in the article from behind the scenes John comment below....

John Wardley, a ride consultant on The Smiler, commented: “The amount of time, money and energy that has been poured into creating this world first attraction is huge. I’ve been working in the industry for over 35 years and this rollercoaster really does push the boundaries. Who knows what we will have to do to top this one!”
Wasn't there plans for SW7 to be in the forbidden valley (delayed) and for the smiler to be SW8? If that turned out to be true, there may be one last coaster on it's way that has already been designed by wardley.  :)

Rumours.
I'm not completely useless, I can be used as a bad example :P
Jack

A wrote:
jayson2125 wrote: Couldn't help but notice in the article from behind the scenes John comment below....

Wasn't there plans for SW7 to be in the forbidden valley (delayed) and for the smiler to be SW8? If that turned out to be true, there may be one last coaster on it's way that has already been designed by wardley.  :)

Rumours.
*prays for that to happen*
Last edited by Jack on Sat May 11, 2013 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adam

Our resident smiler photographer is on site today, and hopefully should see a bit more testing taking place soon!

"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
Alex

A wrote:

Rumours.
I think the story was that SW7 was supposed to be a B&M 4d coaster on the air car park but as that wasnt ready yet they made last minute plans and constructed this thing! Not a bad replacement, if I may say so myself! :)
themeparkcollective

More Work Happening On The Hypnotiser leg and entrance

lewis97
Admin
Admin

In this image (from TPC) it looks as though, at the top of the entrances, there are some kind of mist sprayers and then there's a hole above the entrances which perhaps a light will go into, which could possibly be a strobe. This could sort of be the initial preparation for the correction process.

It doesn't look like the standard entrance gate...

In the background of this picture, behind the central column of The Marmaliser, I spot a small now swirly yellow and black building, which I think is the ride's queue line shop. I remember people saying that they hoped something was done with it, so there you go!

Last edited by lewis97 on Sat May 11, 2013 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
liamsuxx

I've literally never been more excited to experience something in my life. Every single part of this ride looks incredible. I don't even need a secret second world first anymore because The Smiler looks too amazing to comprehend.
Adam

A second train is being lowered onto the track. I assume the duelling element will be tested today/tonight.
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le?

Look at the pictures above of the entrance... Looks like the hypnotiser leg blocks or cuts off the entrance! The Marmy is getting in the way!! ;)
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea
Swimming through sick lullabies
Choking on your alibis

But it's just the price I pay
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
‘Cause I'm Mr. Brightside
Fishfingerish

Are we sure this is the entrance, or is it just a booth where you get mist sprayed at you and you get flashed? Like a fun booth that young children run in and out of...
Towers Times' resident Muser

Oh yes! Please check out my YouTube channel if it's not too painful:
www.youtube.com/user/hpvideosofficial
Owen

Fishfingerish wrote: Are we sure this is the entrance, or is it just a booth where you get mist sprayed at you and you get flashed? Like a fun booth that young children run in and out of...
It's the entrance  :)
arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le?

But as I said above haha :D the leg is blocking it and there is already a concrete slab (most likely moveable ) sticking up blocking it as well now I'm not saying its any kind of booth I'm just wondering how they are going to get past this.....
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea
Swimming through sick lullabies
Choking on your alibis

But it's just the price I pay
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
‘Cause I'm Mr. Brightside
Owen

arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le? wrote: But as I said above haha :D the leg is blocking it and there is already a concrete slab (most likely moveable ) sticking up blocking it as well now I'm not saying its any kind of booth I'm just wondering how they are going to get past this.....
I reckon it is just the angle it was taken,it will be fine I'm sure it would have been thought out as they have just done everything and then muck up here, also if it were a booth 'the smiler' wouldn't be pasted across it at that size font,it also would have something on it on the mesh saying 'quick corrections' or 'the walk-in correction' ect.
haydn!

The leg is much further back than it looks in that image. I think there are steps immediately after the entrance as well?