The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Smile always. New for 2013.
dylan.tempelaars

Last edited by dylan.tempelaars on Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
some people call me insane, you are right!
Sam198

Can we please credit any images we post on here, and provide a link if necessary?

It's okay if it's your image, just make sure we all know about it. :)
Coasterfan312

dylan.tempelaars wrote: Image
Second drop! :D
Smiling since 1997.
Theme Parks Visited: 19
Rollercoasters Ridden: 75
Danny

Sorry but could the ambulance or surveillance van be the theming on the island in x sector
dylan.tempelaars

Sam198 wrote: Can we please credit any images we post on here, and provide a link if necessary?

It's okay if it's your image, just make sure we all know about it. :)
okay it was from this peep from alton towers guide called Michael Edward Wright say thanks to him :D i didnt know wether if hed like to put his name but oh well
MatthewR1990

Too early to say but the angle of that and perception, well it looks like we might have another bit of trouble aligning this one as well. Lmao
West Bromwich Albion until I die! I bleed blue and white.
arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le?

So the knifes that are shown on the map are not going to be used? To be honest i think they would of looked cooler and scarier spinning round than big circles aha ;) . I also don't see what effect they will have on you where as the other do...

as i said before i'm not too disappointed with them just i wish the knifes were used instead... ;/ am i wrong aha or do other people agree?
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea
Swimming through sick lullabies
Choking on your alibis

But it's just the price I pay
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
‘Cause I'm Mr. Brightside
Dan

MatthewR1990 wrote:
Too early to say but the angle of that and perception, well it looks like we might have another bit of trouble aligning this one as well. Lmao
I was thinking the exact same thing.

You never know it may fit perfectly straightaway but after the issues they had with the first drop I'm not holding my breath
Last edited by Dan on Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dylan.tempelaars

nicksy111 wrote:
MatthewR1990 wrote:

You never know it may fit perfectly straightaway but after the issues they had with the first drop I'm not holding my breath

Lets at least give them a chance before we get the daggers out, we can hardly tell from that one pic alone. Must say I am guttem I am not there to see it myself, may just have to head over tomorrow.
this pic was taken bout an hour ago so maybe its up now ;)
Roodlesnouter

nicksy111 wrote:
MatthewR1990 wrote:

Lets at least give them a chance before we get the daggers out, we can hardly tell from that one pic alone. Must say I am gutted I am not there to see it myself, may just have to head over tomorrow.
Last edited by Roodlesnouter on Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://pixelsattheparks/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dan

roodlesnouter wrote:
nicksy111 wrote:
MatthewR1990 wrote: Too early to say but the angle of that and perception, well it looks like we might have another bit of trouble aligning this one as well. Lmao

Lets at least give them a chance before we get the daggers out, we can hardly tell from that one pic alone. Must say I am gutted I am not there to see it myself, may just have to head over tomorrow.
The daggers are far from being out, I would love nothing more than it to slot straight in.

My only concern was that after the issues they had with the first drop they may have more with this one
truckaddict

Anyone got an update for the lift hill and so much for the Sunday testing

Bi and proud
Danny

If the problem with the first one was linked to the toilet incident and they have sorted the 1st one hopefully the 2nd should go in fine
MatthewR1990

danny.g97 wrote: If the problem with the first one was linked to the toilet incident and they have sorted the 1st one hopefully the 2nd should go in fine
It wasn't linked to the toilet issue. It was no where near the toilet supports. And as has been stated many times by me and many others. The toilet problem is NOTHING to do with the supports, it is the toilet that was measured incorrectly.
West Bromwich Albion until I die! I bleed blue and white.
jamesc

Hey, just found this on the BBC website be cool if the the Marmaliser was like this!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-22231365
As long as there is Imagination in the World, there will be bigger, better rides!
DeanGaryCox

Has this media preview event on the 17th actually been confirmed or proven in any way?
Image 2014
James-Allgood

DeanGaryCox wrote: Has this media preview event on the 17th actually been confirmed or proven in any way?
I got in contact with them about it and theres definitely a media night they just wont say the date... yet ;)
DeanGaryCox

James-Allgood wrote:
DeanGaryCox wrote: Has this media preview event on the 17th actually been confirmed or proven in any way?
I got in contact with them about it and theres definitely a media night they just wont say the date... yet ;)
We can always hope it's still intended to be on the 17th (although pushing it very much)... i'm going on the 23rd, will be gutted if it's not open then haha; not like i'm going again in june though  :lol:
Last edited by DeanGaryCox on Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image 2014
James-Allgood

another update from today... another section of the first lift hill is in place doesnt seem to be much going on today

Theme Park Worldwide
JayJay90

nicksy111 wrote:
roodlesnouter wrote:
nicksy111 wrote: I was thinking the exact same thing.

The daggers are far from being out, I would love nothing more than it to slot straight in.

My only concern was that after the issues they had with the first drop they may have more with this one
but even if it doesnt slot nicely into place, we know from the first one that they can rectify it. Granted, that might take a little longer but it will still get rectified :)