The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Smile always. New for 2013.
RollercoasterGEEK100

James-Allgood wrote: another update from today... another section of the first lift hill is in place doesnt seem to be much going on today

Theme Park Worldwide
Id say that 2nd drop is more of a corkscrew and also i can see the track complete in the next 3-4 days! Yipee!  ;)

Credit to NemesisRider
JayJay90

RollercoasterGEEK100 wrote:
James-Allgood wrote: another update from today... another section of the first lift hill is in place doesnt seem to be much going on today

Theme Park Worldwide
Id say that 2nd drop is more of a corkscrew and also i can see the track complete in the next 3-4 days! Yipee!  ;)
OK lemt me get this right, is that the second drop that they were putting in an hour or so ago? Does that mean it did slot nicely into place?  :D
PhNx Survivor

JayJay90 wrote:
nicksy111 wrote:
roodlesnouter wrote: Lets at least give them a chance before we get the daggers out, we can hardly tell from that one pic alone. Must say I am gutted I am not there to see it myself, may just have to head over tomorrow.
The daggers are far from being out, I would love nothing more than it to slot straight in.

My only concern was that after the issues they had with the first drop they may have more with this one
but even if it doesnt slot nicely into place, we know from the first one that they can rectify it. Granted, that might take a little longer but it will still get rectified :)
You can easily see from the picture posted by James-Allgood that the drop is in place. People don't have much faith nowadays xD
“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”
sw7nutter

So all that is left is to put the final pieces of the lift and the track will be done. only 1 month after the ride opened
In just 1 day I managed: 75 rides on stealth, 8 swarms, the dodgems and a tea cups. February half term was good.
PhNx Survivor

sw7nutter wrote: So all that is left is to put the final pieces of the lift and the track will be done. only 1 month after the ride opened
I'd say 3 more segments of track:

- 1 Straight
  - 1 Lift top
  - 1 Beginning of banked right turn

Say that could be up either tomorrow, or Wednesday, then the catwalk will be installed, and electrics :)
JayJay90

PhNx Survivor wrote:
sw7nutter wrote: So all that is left is to put the final pieces of the lift and the track will be done. only 1 month after the ride opened

- 1 Straight
  - 1 Lift top

Say that could be up either tomorrow, or Wednesday, then the catwalk will be installed, and electrics :)
and the chain inserted
Dan

JayJay90 wrote:
RollercoasterGEEK100 wrote:

Theme Park Worldwide
OK lemt me get this right, is that the second drop that they were putting in an hour or so ago? Does that mean it did slot nicely into place?  :D
I would guess so, I take back my pessimistic comments that it wouldn't!
PhNx Survivor

JayJay90 wrote:
PhNx Survivor wrote:

- 1 Straight
  - 1 Lift top

and the chain inserted

Oh dear, forgot about that xD
JayJay90

PhNx Survivor wrote:
JayJay90 wrote:
PhNx Survivor wrote: I'd say 3 more segments of track:

- 1 Straight
  - 1 Lift top

and the chain inserted

Oh dear, forgot about that xD
Definately think we could see this track finished mid week but with everything listed above itll be about sunday I'd guess to get it ready to test?
Codmaster

I know this is probably more speculation than construction, but anyway...

How can they really classify the inverted drops as inverted drops, aren't they more of a cork screw/heart line roll/over-g roll going into a drop, as the drop part itself isn't actually inverted, or no more so than the likes of millenium force, or for that matter any rolercoaster with a decent sized over-g roll. It just confuses me how and why they have chosen to name these two pieces of track as an inverted drop.

I kinda get the fact that its done for differentiation between this ride and any other, by I really don't see what's so special, I like the layout, and the size of this thing, but the attempted hype up of elements really doesn't do it for me.

Also, nice to see that it all went up without a hitch, I can see track being completed by the end of tomorrow, with only the chain for the first lift left to do. Aswell as minor theming and ground works. We have 28 days left until we think that it's going to open (18th may), and for the first time I can really see that they might get there!
ManiaMuse

Does anyone have an idea what sort of Gs the inverted drops will give? Like a zero G roll? Or too slow for that and more like a corkscrew/flatspin followed by a drop?
Danny

ManiaMuse wrote: Does anyone have an idea what sort of Gs the inverted drops will give? Like a zero G roll? Or too slow for that and more like a corkscrew/flatspin followed by a drop?
I'd say more like a corkscrew as there won't be much speed going into these until you start going down the drops
sw7nutter

ManiaMuse wrote: Does anyone have an idea what sort of Gs the inverted drops will give? Like a zero G roll? Or too slow for that and more like a corkscrew/flatspin followed by a drop?
I imagine they are looking more towards zero G roll as that section doesn't have many supports so it implies that the train will be light.

Edit: My bad the support was hiding it will probably be more like a corkscrew after all it hasn't had much time to pick up speed.
Last edited by sw7nutter on Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In just 1 day I managed: 75 rides on stealth, 8 swarms, the dodgems and a tea cups. February half term was good.
Danny

How many parts of the lift hill are yet to be placed? 2? 3?
truckaddict

danny.g97 wrote: How many parts of the lift hill are yet to be placed? 2? 3?
There are hundreds, I don't know how there gunna choose xD

On a more serious note though maybe 3

Bi and proud
willt2405

soz im compleytly confused cansomone do the colour co-ordinated colour-ins of the track so i can see how close we are till the trackis complete
MatthewR1990

willt2405 wrote: soz im compleytly confused cansomone do the colour co-ordinated colour-ins of the track so i can see how close we are till the trackis complete
We literally only have the last half of the first lift hill left. Maybe 3 pieces max.
West Bromwich Albion until I die! I bleed blue and white.
owenjohn

[quote="Codmaster"]
I know this is probably more speculation than construction, but anyway...

How can they really classify the inverted drops as inverted drops, aren't they more of a cork screw/heart line roll/over-g roll going into a drop, as the drop part itself isn't actually inverted, or no more so than the likes of millenium force, or for that matter any rolercoaster with a decent sized over-g roll. It just confuses me how and why they have chosen to name these two pieces of track as an inverted drop.

I kinda get the fact that its done for differentiation between this ride and any other, by I really don't see what's so special, I like the layout, and the size of this thing, but the attempted hype up of elements really doesn't do it for me.

Also, nice to see that it all went up without a hitch, I can see track being completed by the end of tomorrow, with only the chain for the first lift left to do. Aswell as minor theming and ground works. We have 28 days left until we think that it's going to open (18th may), and for the first time I can really see that they might get there!
[/quote

I don't think Alton did call them Inverted drops,I think the term was coined on this sight.Personally I just see them as inversions before the main drops  (waits for the replies to my controversial view) :twisted:
sw7nutter

owenjohn wrote:
Codmaster wrote: I know this is probably more speculation than construction, but anyway...

I don't think Alton did call them Inverted drops,I think the term was coined on this sight.Personally I just see them as inversions before the main drops  (waits for the replies to my controversial view) :twisted:
I don't think AT ever did call them that. In fact going by JW interview the other day i don't think they have confessed to 14 inversions yet.
Correct me if i'm wrong  :D
Hazbean

sw7nutter wrote:
owenjohn wrote:
Codmaster wrote: I know this is probably more speculation than construction, but anyway...

I don't think AT ever did call them that. In fact going by JW interview the other day i don't think they have confessed to 14 inversions yet.
Correct me if i'm wrong  :D
You're wrong. :) They're called Inverted Drops on The Smiler game.