The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Smile always. New for 2013.
Owen

PeteB wrote:
DaveBear wrote: Well thats a easy call, would have to be the Adrenaline , i am not sure what Fast Tracks they offer now.

Did they not do individual rides before?

Also wonder if you get Fast Track with Hotel Stay, as when i go to Florida i make it one date to stay at the Hard Rock Hotel or its Sister Hotel as you use your room key to Fast Track at Universal Studios.
You used to but Merlin put a stop to this when they took over.  You only get it now at Scarefest as a replacement for ERT as they don't run ERT during Scarefest.

In general though, the rule of thumb is NEVER buy Fasttrack. Just plan your day (and trip) better.
Thorpe do  :-s

And davebear they did this once during the 'All Time Greats' competition
Last edited by Owen on Tue May 21, 2013 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PeteB

Thrillmad wrote:
PeteB wrote:
DaveBear wrote: Well thats a easy call, would have to be the Adrenaline , i am not sure what Fast Tracks they offer now.

Did they not do individual rides before?

Also wonder if you get Fast Track with Hotel Stay, as when i go to Florida i make it one date to stay at the Hard Rock Hotel or its Sister Hotel as you use your room key to Fast Track at Universal Studios.
You used to but Merlin put a stop to this when they took over.  You only get it now at Scarefest as a replacement for ERT as they don't run ERT during Scarefest.

In general though, the rule of thumb is NEVER buy Fasttrack. Just plan your day (and trip) better.
They're probably feeling guilty for making you stay in what is effectively a mattress in a tin shed.  :lol:
Owen

PeteB wrote:
Thrillmad wrote:
PeteB wrote: You used to but Merlin put a stop to this when they took over.  You only get it now at Scarefest as a replacement for ERT as they don't run ERT during Scarefest.

They're probably feeling guilty for making you stay in what is effectively a mattress in a tin shed.  :lol:
Haha
But seriously I got two saw ones last year
DaveBear

The fast Tracks are Expensive for what they are lol....

The Platinum one is great... but £90 ontop of £46?

If they did it for say £100 inc Park Entry or a use each ride once one for like £70 then they would sell them more...
undeadarmy

DaveBear wrote: The fast Tracks are Expensive for what they are lol....

The Platinum one is great... but £90 ontop of £46?

If they did it for say £100 inc Park Entry or a use each ride once one for like £70 then they would sell them more...
I think it should be like... 90 for a group of 4, then anything above that it costs like... 120 for your group.

So unlimited fastrack should be for groups, and like a single one for I £50.

£90 per person is ridicilous.
DaveBear

Oh about planning the day, that was the Advantage with Disney's Fast Track System... you get a Fast Pass every hour  you get your ticket for at say 12:30 and then you que for the 1:30 ride... it Helped you plan the day out.

But then its a expensive system maybe for smaller theme parks to employ
barmy_scotty

Fishfingerish wrote: Well me and my friend are both sprinting down to X-sector on Sunday at 9:00 if that counts...

(I know it's not on ERT)
Snap making sure the missus wakes up early so can get there early cant wait to ride this monster
J01N U5.... Y0U W1LL 5M173.....

Y0U B370NG T0 TH3 5M1L3R

5M1L3!!!

ALWAY5
RCandrew

Instant Mix wrote:
RCandrew wrote: This is a bit off topic, I know, sorry! But it is to do with my visit to ride the smiler and this is a general forum! So;
http://s11.postimg.org/juaki4u2r/image.jpg
Which one of these fast tracks is best to buy? I have only been a few time so don't know what the queues are normally like in Early July, but which of these two is best(has longer normal queues?)

Quick answer please that's all I need :) thanks!
If it's specifically for The Smiler - neither , as the Smiler won't have fasttrack tickets until later in the season. For other rides however, I'd go for Scream. Oblivion will be totally packed, but it's not worth it for Rita & Thirteen.
Not for the smiler! I just know that will be busy and I wanna ride it at least once, so wanted fast track for the others just wanted an opinion on which was best, thanks :)
RCandrew

bealyboy wrote:
RCandrew wrote: This is a bit off topic, I know, sorry! But it is to do with my visit to ride the smiler and this is a general forum! So;
Which one of these fast tracks is best to buy? I have only been a few time so don't know what the queues are normally like in Early July, but which of these two is best(has longer normal queues?)

I'd say adrenaline because Rita is always a long q and so is blivvy...
That's what I thought! Thanks :)
RCandrew

Am just thinking I should pay £21 because you get the adrenaline package plus air and nemesis for 9 more :) ill see, thanks everyone!
JayJay90

DannyNewbro wrote:
JayJay90 wrote:
japmfb wrote: 1800 per hour, when opened apartently.  theyload two at once dont forget,  even if it was 1300/1400 .  the smiler will be 1000 max
ok, so that means if 4200 people turn up and head straight for the smiler, at a 1400 throughput thats 3 hours queue time. I really dont mind waiting in the cattle pen that long watching it whizz around and going through them doors with the flaps to see what awaits :D
They're expecting over 20,000 people for Thursday!  :lol:  :roll:
OMG really!!?? where did this figure come from? I knew it was going to be busy but surely theres going to be a lot of people who will go elsewhere and come back to the smiler later in the day.
halso86

What are people's thoughts on Friday? How busy will it be?!

How much is express parking nowadays?!
RCandrew

JayJay90 wrote:
DannyNewbro wrote:
JayJay90 wrote: ok, so that means if 4200 people turn up and head straight for the smiler, at a 1400 throughput thats 3 hours queue time. I really dont mind waiting in the cattle pen that long watching it whizz around and going through them doors with the flaps to see what awaits :D
They're expecting over 20,000 people for Thursday!  :lol:  :roll:
OMG really!!?? where did this figure come from? I knew it was going to be busy but surely theres going to be a lot of people who will go elsewhere and come back to the smiler later in the day.
If it's really busy couldn't you enjoy a day at alton towers (if you only want one ride) and go like half an hour before queues close because then it could be a long queue but your not missing anything???
Sam198

Further discussion regarding fastrack tickets is to take place in the relevant part of the forum, here.

Any more off topic posts will be removed. Thanks! :)
JayJay90

See I cant see it attracting as much as it would IF it was on saturday.

For instance, there's people that cant get time off work. There's people that are in school. There's people on study leave but have exams.

There's also going to be people that are just going to wait until the half term on saturday

There's people that will think its far too busy on opening day and therefore give it a couple of days to die down

I thought it was quite strategic that they would open two days before it hits busy times over the half term so they can get used to operating the ride.

Just dont know til thursday :)
Themeparksandy1981

I'm going on the 14th June and if the queues are busy all day we gonna enjoy the other rides first and join the Smiler queue 5 to 10 mins before they close the queue off as then I won't feel I spend queuing over a hour for 1 ride.
undeadarmy

Themeparksandy1981 wrote: I'm going on the 14th June.
Same dude! See you there.

How big do you guys think the queue will be, considering it's an inset day for my school and none of the others (in my area)?
RCandrew

Sam198 wrote: Further discussion regarding fastrack tickets is to take place in the relevant part of the forum, here.

Any more off topic posts will be removed. Thanks! :)
Thanks couldn't find that :)
glen191

Is the lighting affect at the start of the ride shown on the smiler tv advert part of the ride or just part of the of the advert.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

glen191 wrote: Is the lighting affect at the start of the ride shown on the smiler tv advert part of the ride or just part of the of the advert.
Hopefully there'll be something similar on the ride, as it will look much better than just being floodlit, like it has been in the POVs which have recently come out. There are what appar to be LED bars before the first lift hill and one straight after leaving the station...