The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Smile always. New for 2013.
youarecorrectsir

danny.g97 wrote:
clayj wrote: Maybes it was the frickin'lazer beams for the sharks ?
Sorry I don't understand what your saying?
Watch Austin Powers and all will become clear...
[align=center]"Everybody dies, but not everybody lives"[/align]
Adam

Or how about we stay on topic please. Thank you.
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
PhNx Survivor

Perhaps it could be something to do with the secret element? But I'm sure it'll be the lift hills or just one, only time will tell.
“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”
Morgano

They'll fit now stop worrying...

It could be the trains, it could be the lift hill. We'll find out soon enough as they can keep the trains hidden, they can't keep a lift hill out of sight :)
rhino18

PhNx Survivor wrote: Perhaps it could be something to do with the secret element? But I'm sure it'll be the lift hills or just one, only time will tell.
Seriously, when anything arrives, someone will always auggest the secret element. Yes, it could be, but there are always many things it's more likely to be. At the moment, it will most likely be lift hills, brakes (which aren't here yet) and transfer tracks. So, your second point is probably correct. I hope so aswell, because as someone else said, the lift hills need to be wired up. :)
JonoD

It's very difficult to say what's in there without... actually seeing it. However if the story of it being something they need the cover of darkness to unload is true, then we have to wonder... just what could they want to keep hidden so much?

Thus far, it's been speculated to be either...

-Marmaliser parts
-Lift hill parts
-Trains
-Secret element

Let's do some process of elimination on this...

Marmaliser parts

Not likely in my eyes. We've already seen from the images MI7 has given us that the Marmaliser's parts are being made on-site at Merlin studios. The hub came from there, we've already seen the tickler being made as well. This points to being unlikely IMO

Lift Hill parts
It would make sense for these lorries to hold parts of the lift hill given we've seen virtually no sign of them anywhere... however, what doesn't make sense is that they'd want to go to such lengths to hide them. We know about them already, and they've been perfectly content to leave track parts in full view when awaiting installation. Somewhat dubious this.

Trains
I'd point to this being a definite possibility. We've already had rumors that the trains on this ride are 'amazing', and what's been marketed suggests that a 'world first element' could be what's in these trains. They'd need to get them onto track sooner or later as well before the whole circuit is closed off. Would also explain the accelerated construction seen on the maintenance building. The number of lorries suggests multiple trains as well. Also... what better way to make sure people don't pry to see what these trains are about?

World First Element

Another aspect which is a possibility, but I wouldn't call it AS high a possibility as the trains arriving. When Th13teen was being made, they made a whole song and dance about the 'secret weapon' arriving with that huge canvas being delivered to Alton Towers during the closed season. There's no big song and dance about this though. May is slowly moving closer, and you'd think Alton Towers would be wanting to big up the 'world first' element in marketing by now.

I think we have some trains on site.
M3tabolic

JonoD wrote:
Lift Hill parts
It would make sense for these lorries to hold parts of the lift hill given we've seen virtually no sign of them anywhere... however, what doesn't make sense is that they'd want to go to such lengths to hide them. We know about them already, and they've been perfectly content to leave track parts in full view when awaiting installation. Somewhat dubious this.
Surely if they didn't want to hide something about the lift hills, they'd have just got on with it and built them a month ago... rather than building everything else around them so that it becomes more tricky to install the lift hills later. I have a feeling there's going to be something unusual about both lift hills... otherwise it makes no sense to have left their installation for this long.

However, I do think at this stage there would be no point in concealing the lift hills, because as soon as they are built we'll be able to see them anyway.
JayJay90

has anyone even got a picture of these lorries lol?
Kenzie2012

Trains are at the resort!!

AT have tweeted a picture showing the trains now housed indoors on site.

The Tweet reads -

"@altontowers: We've had an exciting delivery to the Resort today, can you guess what? http://t.co/PRusN1aHdH"

And just for discussion purposes, they look to have been delivered in a 2x4 layout ready for further connection to the 4x4 layout later.
Last edited by Kenzie2012 on Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”
JayJay90

Kenzie2012 wrote: Trains are at the resort!!
eeeeeeeeeee no way! have you seen them?

edit: read it too fast and got too excited to see the rest of the post
dandilion1234

its the trains that were in the truck i think! head over to alton towers facebook now! they just posted a pic of the trains, all wrapped up. :)
JayJay90

reckon we will get to see them uncovered anytime soon?
sasloopy

JayJay90 wrote: reckon we will get to see them uncovered anytime soon?
ive just asked them on twitter lol
MatthewR1990

Well looks like I was right. They arnt full trains and have been delivered in sets of 2x4 like I said earlier as the full trains wouldn't of fit! :)

Edit: it looks like lap bars if you ask me! EXCITED!
West Bromwich Albion until I die! I bleed blue and white.
jackcullen

^ I'd go for that assumption too, the shape at the top seems a lot narrower then the OTSR Eurofighter cars.
Tom_Jephson

Keep staring at that picture hoping I magically adopt x-ray vision...
For a better start in life, start smiling earlier!
JayJay90

Yeah the tops dont look very bulky so fingers crossed!!! however, im not too sure but can OTSR be attached afterwards? as in, theyre delivered without and put on on site? I know that would be a tad pointless but I dont wanna get excited just yet for them just to screw some on XD
Danny

Please carry the discussion of the trains over to here please :) Thanks!
Danny

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the iron shark's vertical lift hill was constructed in a warehouse then put together with the rest of the track. This is the picture of it before being painted.
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=iron+ ... qbtYQKM%3A