The Smiler - Speculation

Smile always. New for 2013.
CoasterCrazyChris

After consideration I have realized that despite being a square shape it won't be a building because then they'd have to mark it on the plans. It remains a mystery.
siralgenon

Coasternut wrote: Anyone care to speculate on the rather impressive 15m x 15m theming object that will be at the centre of this ride? Considering how often the track passes through that particular area it could be pretty spectacular!
Iv'e been wondering what that will be too!  :? A pile of shipping containers maybe?  :P There also appears to be a rather large piece of themeing attached to the building itself + an entrance feature...  :D
Nemesis94

Hi all. I've been busy on No Limits again. My previous effort was slightly out, dimension wise. So it looked just a little bit  too cramped. I have completely rebuilt it and also included supports as per the designs (which are very rough I must say, some supports go straight through some track :-S).

Sorry still no POV as of yet, I'm still wanting to do a bit more work to it before I tackle that.

The view from the new entrance ramp:

Looking up at the first inversion:

It duels:

Ride plaza looking towards the lifts:

My favourite view:

The interlocked cobra/batwing looks rediculously good:

And finally, update view from the top of the first drop:

Does anyone think that the "World's First" element could be the fact that it is a mobius-dueling rollercoaster? This isn't two separate coasters that duel with each other, but the same one that duels with itself. So in effect you experience both "races" in a single ride. Just a thought.
See my No Limits recreation of SW7 (filmed by JAMMYD777) at
siralgenon

I hate to be the one who puts a downer on things but although I think it's going to be an amazing coaster I think it looks really ugly  :P
Last edited by siralgenon on Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
themealgang

Thank you Nemesis 94.

That NoLimits creation just shows the insane nature and the sheer scale of this ride. So, it looks like riders will never "leave" the coaster to experience a new "side" of the coaster (like you would with have to do with Grand National). Okay, that could be a worlds first, but wouldn't that be pretty hard to market?

I'm still very interested in seeing what this theming item has to play in the ride. But if Nemesis 94 creation is anything to go by, the ride will visually be spectacular.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Coaster_Dude

CoasterCrazyChris wrote: After consideration I have realized that despite being a square shape it won't be a building because then they'd have to mark it on the plans. It remains a mystery.
Unless I've misunderstood, I took the box not to indicate the object's shape but rather the general size of whatever the object is within that box.
Will04

siralgenon wrote: I hate to be the one who puts a downer on things but although I think it's going to be an amazing coaster I think it looks really ugly  :P
However, with any luck the 15m tall theming feature A should block out some of the track and supports towards the lift hills when looking from Enterprise. Also, from the looks of the superimposed images on the planning site, when walking into X - Sector the ride looks concealed - you can only really see the tops of the inversions.

On another note, thanks for the amazing recreation, Nemesis94!
Blaze

siralgenon wrote: I hate to be the one who puts a downer on things but although I think it's going to be an amazing coaster I think it looks really ugly  :P
You're basing that on an NL creation made less than 48 hours after the plans came out. Hardly fair. :P

That image of the cobra roll and twisted batwing is bloody incredible.
AT TeeJay

Anyone else think the themed object could be the worlds first element?
---- You\'d Better Not Go Alone ---
Blizzard

What an amazing recreation nemesis94! I was attempting it myself, but compared to yours, mine is nothing to go by!

Although one thing that I advise you do do, is to find the texture file for the track in the planning doccuments, copy the page into paint, use that tool on paint that allows you to copy colours, then click custom colours then coppy the reading for that colour into no limits. That way its the exact same colour as the real ride.

Complicated I know, but coombined with your recreation, its worth it!

Cant wait for this to be built, it looks epic!

:D

Credit To SIMR for the signature & Avatar.
Jiminy Cricket

as much as this looks like a really good coster i'm a bit disappointed its just looks like a jungle of metal not very inspiring it looks like its just been plonked onto that corner of land , sorry to moan but it dose look amazing!
Jollylee11

I think its going to be the worlds first interlocking cobra roll and batwing
(Abit like nemesis inferno was worlds first interlocking corkscrews, and can be worlds only for a long while)
Unless their is a interlocking cobra roll and batwing somewhere else??
Dylan

Jiminy Cricket wrote: as much as this looks like a really good coster i'm a bit disappointed its just looks like a jungle of metal not very inspiring it looks like its just been plonked onto that corner of land , sorry to moan but it dose look amazing!
It is plonked onto that corner of land in the recreation. In its real setting, landscaped with theming, buildings and the rest of x sector, I'm sure it will look very different!!
The recreation is excellent by the way!!
Blizzard

A return to some earlier posts:

From the plans that curved wall had doors going into it, hich to me, tells me its a shop. Pluss the elevation is too low to fit a coaster inside it. So I have come to this possible conclusion:

This makes the coaster have 10 inversions.

;)

Credit To SIMR for the signature & Avatar.
CoasterCrazyChris

Jiminy Cricket wrote: as much as this looks like a really good coster i'm a bit disappointed its just looks like a jungle of metal not very inspiring it looks like its just been plonked onto that corner of land , sorry to moan but it dose look amazing!
At the moment, from what we have seen there is nothing particularly unique about this ride, but I think that most people are just thankful that we are getting a SW with some actual substance for once as oppose to a gimmick.

To be fair - we don't know what the cars will be like, what the theming will consist of, how the station building will look or what could potentially be contained inside. It's a little early to judge.

Air was exhilarating rather than thrilling - poorly themed
Rita provided a brief thrill but little else - poorly themed
Thirteen was a family thrill ride - reasonably themed

After a decade of 'experience', 'physiological' and just downright poor coasters it is nice to finally have something which looks both thrilling to the core and highly themed to boot.

:)
Nemesis94

Blizzard wrote: What an amazing recreation nemesis94! I was attempting it myself, but compared to yours, mine is nothing to go by!

Although one thing that I advise you do do, is to find the texture file for the track in the planning doccuments, copy the page into paint, use that tool on paint that allows you to copy colours, then click custom colours then coppy the reading for that colour into no limits. That way its the exact same colour as the real ride.

Complicated I know, but coombined with your recreation, its worth it!

Cant wait for this to be built, it looks epic!

:D
I did ;-) It is RAL-7021 Black-Grey according to the planning documents (or RGB 26-33-41). Glad you like them. I'm going to have a break from it tomorrow, it's all I've looked at for the past 2 days! Hopefully give you all another update on Sunday... Going to tackle the fencing and scenery.
See my No Limits recreation of SW7 (filmed by JAMMYD777) at
barryzola

As someone who has been fortunate enough to have been experiencing the treats of Alton Towers since the late 80's, I must say that I think this planned coaster looks a bit special with regards to ride enjoyment. I don't remember being too excited by Rita or Thirteen but this looks like something a bit different, with some nice track elements and it should provide a new landscape in and around X-Sector. Very interesting  :)
themealgang

It will be well themed. I am almost convinced that that theming object placed in the middle will also have something to do with the worlds first element. As for more inversions to be contained inside, I read over on TowersNerd that they believe the ride will contain between 12-14 inversions! However, for now, I am sticking to eight. Still, that is amazing all the same.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Blaze

Eight. Nine if we're lucky and get the traditional roll before the lift. 12-14 is just being silly.
Jollylee11

I'm shock on how people want more  :O
Eight is more than enough, i would go as far as saying too much for this ride! I want the inside to be nice and simple, hopefully a preshow and a drop of course to get to to ground level, no twist or barrel rows, just a good old pre-show please