The Smiler - Speculation

Smile always. New for 2013.
Tom.B

I'm not sure whether i'm in the right topic here, or if anyone does, but anyway:
It's really obvious but I wanted to know if anyone else picked up on the fact that it says World BEATING Roller Coaster, not World FIRST. This means that it's likely to be something like e.g. longest drop or steepest drop etc.
Tom.B

sebshep18 wrote: could it be something like this ? just found it off the other link looks quite smart

Well, i hope it is, because that would be AMAZING
scw55

Sam198 wrote: The coaster in the second video is called takabisha and is gerstlauer's biggest to date; here's a POV for your enjoyment...

looks awesome in my opinion :D
It's funny but when I clicked on that I had already 'liked' it which means I've seen it before... so why didn't I ever apply it to SW7?

I'm getting doubtful about the washing machine part now... and that excites me because SW7 will have to be world beating somehow.
----reece----

World beating is most inversion ... World first is the trick track ... Isn't it?
The Moon

----reece---- wrote: I don't think it will have lapbars because of 4 in a row and the trains are just as small as the usual euro-fighter if you look at the track... Badtimes

Plus, SW7's cars are 16 people per vehicle, not the standard 8.
THC selectively targets and destroys tumor cells while leaving healthy cells unscathed. Conventional chemotherapy drugs, by contrast, are highly toxic; they indiscriminately damage the brain and body.

Toke up...
simononestop

Sam198 wrote: The coaster in the second video is called takabisha and is gerstlauer's biggest to date; here's a POV for your enjoyment...

looks awesome in my opinion :D
agree would love to ride this the first loop looks seriously high for a loop.
I just thought it looks very much like I hope SW7 will be like
peter150496

I went to Alton Towers today and was immediately intrigued by all of the 'logos' that have been places all over the site promoting 'SW-7' and 'The Sanctuary', I scoured the interwebs and I am getting more and more exited by the supposed leaked news and supposed 'secret element' but looking at the plan layouts and looking at the site in its construction stage, I don't understand how a roller coaster on that scale is supposed to fit into a tiny area like that, unless they decide to take out a lot or area behind it (back toward the main entrance) and the far end of it (facing away from oblivions' drop). The plan layouts however do look unreal but the fact that it is supposed to be opened to the public in the middle of March with so much roller coaster to be built in one area without the tracks being in the way of each other when being 'put together' puzzles me?
Boz

Welcome to the forums :)
I would advise that you look back over at least the last 10 pages of discussion, as a lot of what your asking has already been discovered.
Also you may want to check this out, as I've built the proposed ride from the plans up in 3D. Although there was some maneuvering to be done, the whole thing works pretty damned well.
Vladimir Bobinski

dominoes wrote: ****, I was really hoping it would be Maurer. Oh well...
Yeah, all the talk of washing machines made think of this old demonstration. (Skip to 1.10)

Can anyone else not hear a word on that interview.
Morgano

I've been checking Gerstlauer' website pretty much every day since SW7 was announced hoping that they would eventually update there eurofighter catalogue and give away some clues as to the future of the eurofighter...

THAT DAY HAS FINALLY COME!!!!

Bad news though, apart from the catalogue being newly designed and the information changed "slightly" nothing of importance has been added. Firstly they now mention that the Eurofighter is available with lap bars along with a picture of iron shark. They've also updated the launched Eurofighter coaster catalogue but there is no mention of the newly designed 8 eight seater cars from the recent press release. This is pretty strange as they mention there old "newly" design 6 seater stadium cars but didn't update that info.

So disapointing that they didn't add anything of value for us :)

http://www.gerstlauer-rides.de/assets/d ... ighter.pdf

http://www.gerstlauer-rides.de/assets/d ... oaster.pdf
Oblivesis

Well, it seems that we all have plenty of ideas in our heads, and we've had many rumours and much imformation to get us wondering just what SW7 will be like. But I had a thought, what if all this time, we've had the facts given to us, held out infront of us and we just haven't been open minded to look into it. So, I thought what have we had all this time that we haven't seemed to analyse in full depth? First thing I thought of was:

So, I don't know wether anyone has said this before, becuase i havent really been reading everything, but here we go. I like to work from the bottom to the top, so I'll start with what I think about that lovely smile on this logo.

Not much to it really, but I noticed that there are 16 blocks that make up that smile ((I counted the ones on the logo On the SW7 official Alton Towers PAge if this picture is different.)) This can mean a few things:

1) We've heard recently that the cars will be 4x4, meaning 16 people per cart. Could those blocks represent the 16 "advocates" ready to put a smile on their faces? Also, the smile is joined to the eyes, kinda represents the track towards the eyes which I'll get onto later.

2) Maybe 16 inversions? But thats a bit intense. Not sure, but it does say World Beating.

3) The designer decided 16 blocks looks good. Nothing to it.

The Eyes:

Now they are very Hypnotic, which could mean alot, like TT's washing machine idea. But here's what I thought:

1) There's A yellow swirl and a white swirl. That can mean the dueling aspect, self dueling, ect. Or just for the hypnotic effect of the picture. We all now of this now, but as I said, i'm just saying we knew it before we knew it, if you get what I'm saying...

2) Have you noticed that the way it swirls kinda ressembles Collosus' continous loopy thing? This could imply that the world beating aspect is the world's most inversions.

3) I also noticed that technically there are four swirls, If you look closely, there are 2 white ones and 2 yellowy ones. Now this again can just be for graphical purposes, but maybe this can also mean something? I was thinking that the secret element could involve 4 carts wirling together, but yeah thats way too far fetched probably. Anyhows, not sure on that one. Maybe 2 duel on track whilst 2 go through 2 merged secret elements? Agin though, I suppose its just a god damn logo...I am getting ahead of myself again.

And finally...you will have to wait for me to continue my post, because I am in a rush and don't have the time. Maybe later tonight, when I have more analysis to run through. Thanks.

EDIT: Right, well I thought I might just go and count how many full 'swirls' each one of those swirls achieves in the eyes. It appears that each swirl does a full swirl ((Aghr?!)) 4 times, and seeing as there are 4 swirls in the eye, we are getting that lucky number 16 again. Like I said before, it's probably just me being me, but who knows. It could be like that on purpose.
Last edited by Oblivesis on Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JayJay90

peter150496 wrote: I went to Alton Towers today and was immediately intrigued by all of the 'logos' that have been places all over the site promoting 'SW-7' and 'The Sanctuary', I scoured the interwebs and I am getting more and more exited by the supposed leaked news and supposed 'secret element' but looking at the plan layouts and looking at the site in its construction stage, I don't understand how a roller coaster on that scale is supposed to fit into a tiny area like that, unless they decide to take out a lot or area behind it (back toward the main entrance) and the far end of it (facing away from oblivions' drop). The plan layouts however do look unreal but the fact that it is supposed to be opened to the public in the middle of March with so much roller coaster to be built in one area without the tracks being in the way of each other when being 'put together' puzzles me?
i think if you go over to the construction updates in the subforum and look at peter150496 post hes overlayed SW7 on other previous secret weapons comparing the size and i think for the hole and the area, it will fit. also, in terms of the situation of how its built, this is more for the construction topic but the digging and prep takes its time, i guess if alton towers have given a date, it means theyre confident, also the track goes up in no time at all
GoldWolf

Oblivesis wrote: Well, it seems that we all have plenty of ideas in our heads, and we've had many rumours and much imformation to get us wondering just what SW7 will be like. But I had a thought, what if all this time, we've had the facts given to us, held out infront of us and we just haven't been open minded to look into it. So, I thought what have we had all this time that we haven't seemed to analyse in full depth? First thing I thought of was:

So, I don't know wether anyone has said this before, becuase i havent really been reading everything, but here we go. I like to work from the bottom to the top, so I'll start with what I think about that lovely smile on this logo.

Not much to it really, but I noticed that there are 16 blocks that make up that smile ((I counted the ones on the logo On the SW7 official Alton Towers PAge if this picture is different.)) This can mean a few things:

1) We've heard recently that the cars will be 4x4, meaning 16 people per cart. Could those blocks represent the 16 "advocates" ready to put a smile on their faces? Also, the smile is joined to the eyes, kinda represents the track towards the eyes which I'll get onto later.

2) Maybe 16 inversions? But thats a bit intense. Not sure, but it does say World Beating.

The Eyes:

Now they are very Hypnotic, which could mean alot, like TT's washing machine idea. But here's what I thought:

1) There's A yellow swirl and a white swirl. That can mean the dueling aspect, self dueling, ect. Or just for the hypnotic effect of the picture. We all now of this now, but as I said, i'm just saying we knew it before we knew it, if you get what I'm saying...

2) Have you noticed that the way it swirls kinda ressembles Collosus' continous loopy thing? This could imply that the world beating aspect is the world's most inversions.

3) I also noticed that technically there are four swirls, If you look closely, there are 2 white ones and 2 yellowy ones. Now this again can just be for graphical purposes, but maybe this can also mean something? I was thinking that the secret element could involve 4 carts wirling together, but yeah thats way too far fetched probably. Anyhows, not sure on that one. Maybe 2 duel on track whilst 2 go through 2 merged secret elements? Agin though, I suppose its just a god damn logo...I am getting ahead of myself again.

And finally...you will have to wait for me to continue my post, because I am in a rush and don't have the time. Maybe later tonight, when I have more analysis to run through. Thanks.

EDIT: Right, well I thought I might just go and count how many full 'swirls' each one of those swirls achieves in the eyes. It appears that each swirl does a full swirl ((Aghr?!)) 4 times, and seeing as there are 4 swirls in the eye, we are getting that lucky number 16 again. Like I said before, it's probably just me being me, but who knows. It could be like that on purpose.
If one of your best subjects wasn't English Literature I will be very surprised  :P
But I really love your analysis. The logo is one of if not the best logo for any ride on the park and I think that because the logo is literally everywhere you look, it must be representative with something.
Ripsaw Raver

I hate to be the killjoy but i just see it as symbolizing mind altering techniques to make you smile and conform to the Ministry of Joy...

However did anyone notice that at the sanctuary only DrKelman seemed to be smiling-the nurses-guards-and the matron were all absent and solemn not smiling at all. When Kelman was asked why they wasn't smiling he simply said. "They are not responding to treatment", So could this mean that 50years ago the Sanctuary's attempts at social compliance and Marmalisation were not totally successful. The Sanctuary reopening was to test what the current mental state of people are 50years on and to prepare for 2013 when The Ministry Of Joy starts a whole new chapter of experiments and another attempt at mass marmalising the public to either conform to the Minstry Of Joy or to be locked away to rot in the Sanctuary.

And dont forget the first message of Oblivion.."You have been designated for Oblivion-The decision to come here was not your own,it was ours!-the thought was implanted into your brain by auto-suggestion"

I am pretty sure that Oblivion-TMOJ and SW7 will all tie together, something like.
(Think queueline preshow-before entering boarding area)
From 1998 you was designated to Oblivion-In 2013 we bring you back again, under our decision, subliminally instructed to come to this place, for your own good.What you are about to undergo will alter you forever-Mentally-Physically and Psychologically-Your mental state permanatly corrected.. all we ask for is your complete compliance and obedience..Now Relax Marmalisation is just moments away..The doctor will see you know.."

got a little carried away but i liked it
CHECK OUT MY FLICKR PHOTOSTREAM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djthorpeimages/

Why is Nemesis Inferno really Inferior
MitchHawker Steel CoasterPoll 2012
Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123
Oblivesis

What a coincidence:  http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/lifestyle/06 ... versal-joy

Seems like the 20th March will be the Universal day of Joy. Fits in perfectly for AT.

Anyway, Ripsaw Raver, in a way I can agree with you. After all it is just a logo, but I was just seeing the other side of it, thats all. And I like your idea of how Oblivion ties in with it too! I have never thought of that before, and could be a possibility.

And Thanks GoldWolf! I'm only young so yeah my English Literature is pretty bad at the moment, if i'm truthly honest. :)

Also, has anyone else noticed those facts that pop up over the logo on the official AT SW7 page? The one with the countdown. Everynow and then you'll get a fact about the coaster. Just thought i'll mention that. I've only seen the page on my phone before so that's probably why I haven't noticed it before...
King Nemesis

Ripsaw Raver I agree!
At the start of the video it says something along the lines of
Hello and welcome to advocate trails...
You will not see modernisation within the sanctuary, this will allow us to to understand precious issues with our system
Don't quote me on that word by word

Maybe the lack of marmalisation is one of the problems in the system along with other things
Last edited by King Nemesis on Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris-TT

Well we know the Sanctuary is the failed attempted to reabiltate and SW7 is when the experiment finally succeeded. There are plenty of spoilers in the Sanctuay just look for details people ;)
Krazycoaster

Oblivesis wrote: Well, it seems that we all have plenty of ideas in our heads, and we've had many rumours and much imformation to get us wondering just what SW7 will be like. But I had a thought, what if all this time, we've had the facts given to us, held out infront of us and we just haven't been open minded to look into it. So, I thought what have we had all this time that we haven't seemed to analyse in full depth? First thing I thought of was:

The Eyes:

This is great thoery and I agree! I think 16 inversions is most likely; like you said, the logo has 16 blocks and The Sanctuary also has 16 blocks. And, Alton wouldn't just make it 12 inversions to beat the record as Intamin offer a 12-inversion coaster; I know Alton could just re-program the 'Secret Elelment' but I don't think it's plausible...
N3m3s1s

Don't we have 32 teeth. That's...16 on the top and 16 on the bottom...
George B

Ok, so am I the only one around here who is just thinking wow at the un day of joy thing. I mean if merlin have links with the un it's a pretty big thing. Or it's a really big coincidence. So what if, TMOJ are making a return to Mark that day?

Thanks to NemesisRider for the signature