Wicker Man - General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Well SW8 will be called SW8. However, there is the question as to whether the next major investment will be SW8.
NemesisRider

All the SWs have been big investments so far, I hope they keep that trend.
sw7nutter

Now John is gone they could ditch the SW code names and take the Thorpe park route of naming it completely randomly.
NemesisRider

NO! I SW names! You can remember them!
sw7nutter

I have no idea what you just said. Maybe it will be the worlds first imaginary ride where you have to think of the ride and that's it. It will be different each time you ride it, its a worlds first and it can have an original theme. Its really cheap to make and an amazing throughput.
NemesisRider

sw7nutter wrote:I have no idea what you just said. Maybe it will be the worlds first imaginary ride where you have to think of the ride and that's it. It will be different each time you ride it, its a worlds first and it can have an original theme. Its really cheap to make and an amazing throughput.
Merlin are not THAT poor, that is a tad judgemental.

It be a simulator! ](*,) :lol
Coasterfellow

nemesisrider wrote:It be a simulator! ](*,) :lol
Check what you've wrote before you post it....
^Thanks to Nemesis Rider for the Signature! ;)
RCandrew

Coasterfellow wrote:
Yes please do, there is also an edit feature...

I think there next Big coaster will be slightly cheaper than The Smiler because they have the Enchanted village coming up as well as a lot of flats needing removed/replaced or up kept. This means it will either be a worlds first with basically just the worlds first, like Thirteen or Oblivion, or it will be a simple investment like Rita, not even a SW but just a new rollercoaster to keep profits while they develope the village and rest of the park!
NemesisRider

If it was like Rita that would not be too bad...
NemesisRider

RCandrew wrote:
Coasterfellow wrote:
Yes please do, there is also an edit feature...

I think there next Big coaster will be slightly cheaper than The Smiler because they have the Enchanted village coming up as well as a lot of flats needing removed/replaced or up kept. This means it will either be a worlds first with basically just the worlds first, like Thirteen or Oblivion, or it will be a simple investment like Rita, not even a SW but just a new rollercoaster to keep profits while they develope the village and rest of the park!
You said something about spelling and grammar, did you not?
Sr88

Right, let's not all get into a massive argument over spelling, typos etc. Stay on topic.

I do think that while it makes sense for SW8 to be cheaper than The Smiler, if it is indeed a B&M, then it may not be, given the costs. To be honest I wouldn't mind something simple like Rita (obviously with a decent layout), as long as there is something. It doesn't have to be a world's first (or even an AT first) to enjoy it.
NemesisRider

It could go to 12 million, that is the norm for AT B and M's.
RCandrew

nemesisrider wrote:It could go to 12 million, that is the norm for AT B and M's.
* autocorrect by the way ;)

And that's what I thought but if Nemesis was built the exact same again today it would probably cost a lot more than it did 20 years ago unfortunately :(
NemesisRider

Why? Because of the track?
Dan

nemesisrider wrote:Why? Because of the track?
Nope, because of inflation.
sw7nutter

Rita still cost a lot for what it is. Launch systems are expensive kit and often require their own sub-station. The Smilers cost wasn't just spent on the smiler it also included the x-sector update of painting oblivion, getting both side of submission working and fully replacing enterprise. Also developing the ride type wont have come cheap and im sure merlin would have picked up a lot of that cost. Nemesis would cost more because of inflation, a 2% price increase every year as a minimum would amount to a lot of that cost.
RCandrew

When I say a ride like Rita I don't mean another launch, I mean a brand new coaster that's not a SW.
Something maybe family or thrill that's just a standard rollercoaster with no gimmicks or heavy themes. Maybe a mega lite in KC or something :) it may still have a custom layout but may not, I'm sure there's another version if Rita somewhere as well.
NemesisRider

Maybe not a B and M for KC, a custom intamin air time machine.
Maybe with 3 inversions and lots of Air time hills but not costing more than 10 or 11 million? That could work.
Jack

^so, an inamin blitz?
Themeparksandy1981

I been looking at SW new designs ideas on the net and looking at all the coasters Alton Towers have got and maybe could get. Anyway I found out a new design that's been tested in China and it is called a SFX Coaster.
This high-speed coaster is also a storytelling dark ride. It has a high-speed catapult launch coaster as well as high definition, immersive sight and sound. This is the first ride of its kind to have all of the newest features: Gyro Table™, Track Drop™, Side Slide™, and Tilt & Drop™. Patent pending.
Here is the web site http://www.dynamicattractions.com/products/sfx-coaster/
After reading this it's perfect to go on the duel site and still can be themed to the haunted house